Awesome Toy Picks: Atrocitus (Signature Collection)

Posted by G-Man (34210 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to Awesome Toy Picks. We all love comic book collectibles and each week we take a close look at some of the cooler ones.

This week's is Atrocitus from the Matty Collector Club Infinite Earths collection. He was released in June and pretty much sold out right away. That means when these figures come out, you either need to have had a subscription or try to grab immediately. I'm sure they'll pop up online.

I always love getting figures from Matty Collector. The packaging usually has an elegant feel to it and I really like the plain white box the figures come in.

== TEASER ==

It's kind of surprising that this figure would be available in small quantities. There was one in the Blackest Night series but I think I like his head sculpt better here. I don't own that version but it'd be interesting to compare the two.

Here's some shots of the packaging.

The real question is, what does the figure look like out of the box? Of course some of Atrocitus' friends will be stopping by.

That's it for this week. If you have a regular Atrocitus, how does it compare to this? We'll have another edition of Awesome Toy Picks next week.

Tony Guerrero is the Editor-in-Chief of Comic Vine. You can follow him on Twitter @GManFromHeck. He wonders if they'll ever make an Atrocitus figure with a red power vomit accessory.

Staff
#1 Posted by UrbanChill (228 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know how i feel about it

#2 Edited by Darkhero (5 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks cool, to bad it's already sold out or I would have bought it.

#3 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its lame that he can't hold his lantern IN his hands. I hate it when DC does this to the lantern figures.

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

That face.

#5 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww no Dex-Starr to go with lol

#6 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

AWWWW i WANTED THIS FIGURE!!! But his face needed to be more menacing...

#7 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

I own the other one, it's a lot more menacing and detailed but it has less articulation.

#8 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

The head and the collar are not really great...

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (7093 posts) - - Show Bio

"I took Carol Ferris out last night. Promise to stay off Korugar and I'll let you smell my fingers."

#10 Edited by Mahzian (117 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great figure, I really love the Signature Series, guys if you are interested in this series Mattel have just opened up subscriptions for 2013 here (open until 8/6):

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/store/mattycol/en_US/pd/productID.251913100

They have some awesome figures lined up like Saint Walker, Phantom Stranger, Elongated Man, Monsieur Mallah, Larfleeze and Wally West, some of them were revealed at SDCC which you can see pics of here:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2012_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FDCUC

If they don't receive enough orders this line will be cancelled, they have a thermometer on this first link.

#11 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3759 posts) - - Show Bio

No blood vomiting action? What a shame...Truly a shame...

@longbowhunter:

= D

#12 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

"I took Carol Ferris out last night. Promise to stay off Korugar and I'll let you smell my fingers."

L...M..A..O... nicely done.

You know G-Man purposely staged it and we thank him for it.

Wonder what user thinks of this.

#13 Posted by longbowhunter (7093 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

No blood vomiting action? What a shame...Truly a shame...

@longbowhunter:

= D

@Decept-O said:

@longbowhunter said:

Thank you, thank you! (Graciously bows)

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@longbowhunter said:

Sinestro's thought: "That's right, do it, smell it...SMELL MY FINGER YOU FILTH!"

::Atrocitus's cheeks begin to bulge as he thinks:: "That's the most vile smell ever...I think I may actually wretch napalm for the first time out of sheer disgust than rage!"

#15 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Too funny. Do you like the figure?

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Like the Spice's Girl's song says....this is what I want, what I really, REALLY want...

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Ha Ha!

#18 Edited by Savage_Hawkman (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus's and Red Skull's heads could be interchangeable.

#19 Posted by lyons_74 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

I think its lame that he can't hold his lantern IN his hands. I hate it when DC does this to the lantern figures.

Totally agree. I think it really adds something when they're able to hold their accessories

#20 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one I'd like to have.

#21 Posted by dylan671 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This figure looks sick. I want to get one now

#22 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

AWEsome

#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I need...that toy...

#24 Posted by Druid (104 posts) - - Show Bio

His teeth (and mouth) are too wide and huge and chompy, quite different from the graphic on the packaging. Does his mouth ever close?

#25 Posted by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I have a regular Atrocitus, that I haven't put on display in a year, I'm not sure how it stacks up to this one.

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Yeah, I could definitely go for at attachment for that or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.