capn_carrot's Astro City #2 - Welcome to HumanoGlobal review

One of the best comics of the year

The strength of Astro City has always been the attention to detail when dealing with the ordinary folk on the street and how their lives are changed by living in a world with super-heroes and villains. Here Kurt Busiek gives us a story about a data analyst who gets an unusual job working for the Honor Guard Emergency Contact Line (because in a world with planet-threatening disasters popping up every so often you need to find a way to keep the heroes informed of the various threats).

Marella Cowper's story of her first day on the job to finally understanding her place in the grand scheme is terrific, and the concept of the Contact Line is rich enough to be mined for several issues (or even would make a pretty good TV show) depending on how often Busiek wants to return to it.

You need to be reading this comic.

You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews