Astonishing X-men By Josh Whedon/ John Cassaday

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Was this series good?  Im kinda interested in it because, well I saw a video on youtube of someone trying to steal it. 

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It was the best X-Men run ever. It was pretty much flawless, imo.

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

The best series i have ever read.

#4 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"The best series i have ever read. "

Let me ask you something, I've showed interest in Sandman for a very long time but just as of now I heard of this AXM.  Im considering picking this up as opposed to the first Absolute Sandman ( 1-20 ) which should I get?  Sandy or the Xmen
#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212: Well i never read Sandman, but i would pick X-Men, because the way he wrote that series was just.. amazing :]
#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the best or my favorite but pretty good.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good, each character had a distinctive voice. You could take a line from anywhere in the comic and ask someone who said it and they would guess correctly. Add in that you also got some interesting stories and you have found something that is quite rare to come across in X comics these days.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212:
It was balls to the wall amazing.
#9 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good, not fantastic.     Sandman has much better story telling, but AXM has better artwork.

#10 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Which volume of AXM should I get? 

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212: If you're getting trades, then start with Gifted.  It's a good series (not great), but the Giant Sized issue is a stinker.
#12 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" The best series i have ever read. "
#13 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.