jlat89's Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1 - Another Fine Mess, Part One review

"Another Fine Mess."

Well the plot summary doesn't lie, Spider-Man and Wolverine literally get thrown to the corner of the Marvel Universe, not in the way you expect though.  They've been thrown back in time, and that's all I'm going to say.

What You Need to Know

The Heroic Age is here.  It's the first issue in a brand new series.  Creative Team is Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert.

The Good

The story was really good.  For a first issue it comes out strong, throwing you into the middle of the story, as the reader tries to figure out what's going on and how they got to where they are.
The art was pretty amazing, with a couple exceptions.
 The interactions between Peter and Logan were basically on par with how they're written in current continuity.
The Setting was an integral part of the story and it doesn't dissapoint.

The Bad

The only thing I had a problem with was the fact that you don't know how they got to where they are entirely.  It's glimpsed but not fully explained.  I guess that comes with it being a first issue, however I thought a couple times the reader was just thrown in there to far.
Spider-Man's web shooters didn't look like they were there and he used his webbing.  Even if they were, they would have probably been diminished by now, at least by looking at their appearances and estimating how long they've been there.

Verdict.

It's a very strong first-issue (of a 6 part limited series) .  Adam Kubert delivers some strong artwork, while Jason Aaron delivers a quality script.  It's new reader friendly as it's #1 of 6.  If you're a fan of Spider-Man and Wolverine this is basically a must have.  The ending definitely makes you want to come back for the next issue.

4/5