Follow

Aspen MLT

Publisher »

Aspen MLT was founded in California by Michael Turner in 2003.

WTF!? Aspen

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By ComiCCloseup

Maybe I need to be further educated about this company maybe not I don't know. But what the hell takes them so long to produce comics??? I know there are delays in the comic world, it just comes with the territory. But the guilty party I am referring to pushes delays to the limit. Let's take for example Fathom: Blue Descent it was supposed to come out in May It actually came out on September 20th!!! What do they have like 6 titles total? Why so looooooong? I know they were doing a little restructuring but come on.  

What is J.T. Krull the only employee over there now? I mean I see Green Arrow has been coming out monthly and Soulfire keeps making it on time Are they taking too much time out of the day still crying over Michael Turner? Absence makes the heart grow fonder but not in this case. This just pisses me off. Once a month is long enough but this is just annoying. When the next issue does come out I have to re read the previous ones to remember what the story is. Then I get excited because it is a good story but again I have to wait 6 months before I get the rest of the story. It's not like I'm asking for alot here IT IS THEIR JOB!!!

Do you hate this as much as I do? Is there another series out there that constantly delays like this that drives you crazy?    
    Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Mediant

I was just about to make a thread myself about this. Case in point: I know Executive Assistant Iris finished up some time back and I thought it might be about time for the tpb to come out. I did some searching around the internet and got a few reports that the title was slated for October of 2010, but there was no sign of it in the online retailers. Finally, on TFAW.com, I found a preorder with a date ( http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Executive-Assistant-Iris-TPB-Vol.-01___369915 ). The date is still set for October with no sign of impending change. This is a regular occurrence over at Aspen it seems. The Executive Assistant series has born extensive delays issue to issue, as have Soulfire and Aspen. 
    I get that the whole Michael Turner thing was a big deal, but it is a business and it should deliver on time. Even some lateness could be excused, but the level Aspen brings it to is ridiculous.

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ComiCCloseup
    @Mediant:
    Amen man! I too was interested in Executive Assistant and thought it was probably good timing being the trade should be out but of course that was asking for too much.  Thanks for the response!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.