Follow

Aspen Matthews

Character » Aspen Matthews appears in 169 issues.

Aspen Matthews is a child of two worlds. From a young ages she was raised on the surface but biologically she is the daughter of two underwater races called the Blue and the Black. As the only one of her kind, she is an extremely powerful being.

Megan Fox Talks 'Fathom'

• 84 results
    Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Reaper 13

Yep just down right annoying this person is.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Namor1987

Megan Fox is the type of celebrity that is better seen not heard lol if you know what I mean. Plus I dont see what the big deal is about her. I mean it seems as though she's getting alot of attention from comic fans & the comic community when she clearly knows little to nothing about the roles & characters she is asked to portray onscreen

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By EisforExtinction

She might be concerned that if she plays Wonder Woman Tyrese won't know who she is. He won't know FULL THROTTLE BABY.

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Vance Astro said:
    " @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    Actually it is...If I do so recall correctly, very recently it was an interview here on the Vine Tyrese was being interviewed by Babs and she was wearing a WW outfit and he referred to her as "Superwoman" To us Viners most if not all of us would recognize WW, but thats b/c were into comics but just b/c we are familiar with the characters doesnt mean everyone else is...For example if i was to show a picture of WW to my family i am willing to bet majority if not all wouldnt know who she is, yeah this might make people think my family is dumb but their not...they just arent very familiar with comics... Now if i was to show them Batman, Superman, Spiderman and some of those other more succesful and famous comic book characters they would know who they are or at least they're name...Sadly WW isnt one of those characters "
    Actually it's not.Everyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman is just like everyone doesn't know who Wolverine or even Daredevil is.How ever these characters are popular enough to make movies.There are alot of people who don't read comics who know who they are.Tyrese is one person in a small minority who doesn't know who she is.I don't recognize Wonder Woman because I read her comics.I always knew who she was on site.Hancock isn't even a real superhero and that movie succeeded.What about Marvel making Blade..who the hell knew who he was before Wesley Snipes played him? 
    "
    Ok way more people would recognize Wolverine compared to Wonder Woman he's been in quite a few movies already he was rated like the #1 comic book character so of course he's gonna be in movies....And Daredevil is a perfect example of what will most likely happen to Wonder Woman if she has a live action film his movie=FLOP! And Hancock succeeded b/c they had Will Smith playing him, and it hasnt even really "succeeded" its not like you see merchandise and accessory's of it...at least i dont...Will Smith in an interview made it seem as if to his knowledge that he didnt even know if there'd be a sequel...I dont even think it got an award, maybe it did but i have no knowledge of it if it did get one or not...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Actually it is...If I do so recall correctly, very recently it was an interview here on the Vine Tyrese was being interviewed by Babs and she was wearing a WW outfit and he referred to her as "Superwoman" To us Viners most if not all of us would recognize WW, but thats b/c were into comics but just b/c we are familiar with the characters doesnt mean everyone else is...For example if i was to show a picture of WW to my family i am willing to bet majority if not all wouldnt know who she is, yeah this might make people think my family is dumb but their not...they just arent very familiar with comics... Now if i was to show them Batman, Superman, Spiderman and some of those other more succesful and famous comic book characters they would know who they are or at least they're name...Sadly WW isnt one of those characters "
    Actually it's not.Everyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman is just like everyone doesn't know who Wolverine or even Daredevil is.How ever these characters are popular enough to make movies.There are alot of people who don't read comics who know who they are.Tyrese is one person in a small minority who doesn't know who she is.I don't recognize Wonder Woman because I read her comics.I always knew who she was on site.Hancock isn't even a real superhero and that movie succeeded.What about Marvel making Blade..who the hell knew who he was before Wesley Snipes played him? 
    "
    Ok way more people would recognize Wolverine compared to Wonder Woman he's been in quite a few movies already he was rated like the #1 comic book character so of course he's gonna be in movies....And Daredevil is a perfect example of what will most likely happen to Wonder Woman if she has a live action film his movie=FLOP! And Hancock succeeded b/c they had Will Smith playing him, and it hasnt even really "succeeded" its not like you see merchandise and accessory's of it...at least i dont...Will Smith in an interview made it seem as if to his knowledge that he didnt even know if there'd be a sequel...I dont even think it got an award, maybe it did but i have no knowledge of it if it did get one or not... "
    Well that's debatable.Do you know most people? Have you taken a personal poll? No? I didn't think you did...Wolverine is a popular character.That's like saying people would recognize Superman more than Hulk.They are both extremely popular so how is that statement even relevant? Why are you even comparing Wolverine to Wonder Woman? I don't get that.He's an A-list character.Daredevil didn't flop for your information..it was just a bad movie.If DD did that bad,they wouldn't have made an Elektra spin-off.That's a perfect example of a character most people don't know about getting their own movie.Alot of people didn't like or even hated Elektra.

As far as Hancock.The movie made alot of money so you cannot say it didn't succeed because there's no merchandise.There isn't any for alot of Will's movies and in case you were unaware most of his movies sold well at the box office.

Any movie has the potential to do well if it's written well and the people in it take it seriously.People know Batman right? He's popular,he's A-List,he sells alot of comics..how many bad Batman movies came out before we finally got a good one? Batman and Robin is the laughing stock of comic films.Remember the Bat-nipples? Same with Superman.Remember how poorly Catwoman with Halle Berry did.Halle's popular,she's an ok actress,she's eye candy even creeping up on her mid 40's but that movie flopped.Alot of people know who Catwoman is yet the movie did nothing.Look at all the movies based on characters not as popular as Wonder Woman movies based on comics most of us had never read or cared to read until the movies came out...

Elektra
    Vampirella
    Sin City
    Spawn
    Blade
    Constantine\Hellblazer
    The Crow
    Generation X
    Ghost Rider
    Hellboy
    Howard the Duck
    Watchmen
    Nick Fury
    Red Sonja
    The Shadow
    Steel
    Tank Girl
    Wanted

See what I mean.There are loads more of these based on characters alot of people know nothing about coming out,Jonah Hex,Deathlok,Shang Chi,so on and so forth.So how can you possibly sit there and act as if Wonder Woman doesn't have enough appeal to have her own movie?
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "
    Ok way more people would recognize Wolverine compared to Wonder Woman he's been in quite a few movies already he was rated like the #1 comic book character so of course he's gonna be in movies....And Daredevil is a perfect example of what will most likely happen to Wonder Woman if she has a live action film his movie=FLOP! And Hancock succeeded b/c they had Will Smith playing him, and it hasnt even really "succeeded" its not like you see merchandise and accessory's of it...at least i dont...Will Smith in an interview made it seem as if to his knowledge that he didnt even know if there'd be a sequel...I dont even think it got an award, maybe it did but i have no knowledge of it if it did get one or not... "
    Well that's debatable.Do you know most people? Have you taken a personal poll? No? I didn't think you did...Wolverine is a popular character.That's like saying people would recognize Superman more than Hulk.They are both extremely popular so how is that statement even relevant? Why are you even comparing Wolverine to Wonder Woman? I don't get that.He's an A-list character.Daredevil didn't flop for your information..it was just a bad movie.If DD did that bad,they wouldn't have made an Elektra spin-off.That's a perfect example of a character most people don't know about getting their own movie.Alot of people didn't like or even hated Elektra.

As far as Hancock.The movie made alot of money so you cannot say it didn't succeed because there's no merchandise.There isn't any for alot of Will's movies and in case you were unaware most of his movies sold well at the box office.

Any movie has the potential to do well if it's written well and the people in it take it seriously.People know Batman right? He's popular,he's A-List,he sells alot of comics..how many bad Batman movies came out before we finally got a good one? Batman and Robin is the laughing stock of comic films.Remember the Bat-nipples? Same with Superman.Remember how poorly Catwoman with Halle Berry did.Halle's popular,she's an ok actress,she's eye candy even creeping up on her mid 40's but that movie flopped.Alot of people know who Catwoman is yet the movie did nothing.Look at all the movies based on characters not as popular as Wonder Woman movies based on comics most of us had never read or cared to read until the movies came out...

Elektra
    Vampirella
    Sin City
    Spawn
    Blade
    Constantine\Hellblazer
    The Crow
    Generation X
    Ghost Rider
    Hellboy
    Howard the Duck
    Watchmen
    Nick Fury
    Red Sonja
    The Shadow
    Steel
    Tank Girl
    Wanted

See what I mean.There are loads more of these based on characters alot of people know nothing about coming out,Jonah Hex,Deathlok,Shang Chi,so on and so forth.So how can you possibly sit there and act as if Wonder Woman doesn't have enough appeal to have her own movie?
    "
    I wasnt meaning to compare Wolverine to Wonder Woman you were technically the one who compared them when you said: "Everyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman is just like everyone doesn't know who Wolverine or even Daredevil is." And yeah your right DD didnt technically flop but as far as Elektra's spin-off thats not a shocker b/c its Fox hell Deadpool's spin-off was confirmed before Wolverine Origins even came out. Lol i heard Ben Affleck felt that DD's role hurt his career...

And as far as Hancock your right to besides the fact where you made it seem like i dissed all Will Smith movies fyi i happen to appreciate him as an actor and ro-model.

Lol and when it comes to Catwoman, Halle isnt even really known for her acting she only got some of her roles b/c she is seen as a 'sex symbol' she's really only good as eye candy like you said...She's so desperate that after Wolverine Origins came out she had said she'd be interested in doing a Storm Origins which was practically two-faced b/c before Wolverine Origins came out she had made a statement showing no interest in playing Storm again..But anyways lets hope and pray that if Wonder Woman gets a live action movie its script will be good and the cast will be good b/c she's gonna need it...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    I wasnt meaning to compare Wolverine to Wonder Woman you were technically the one who compared them when you said: "Everyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman is just like everyone doesn't know who Wolverine or even Daredevil is." And yeah your right DD didnt technically flop but as far as Elektra's spin-off thats not a shocker b/c its Fox hell Deadpool's spin-off was confirmed before Wolverine Origins even came out. Lol i heard Ben Affleck felt that DD's role hurt his career...

And as far as Hancock your right to besides the fact where you made it seem like i dissed all Will Smith movies fyi i happen to appreciate him as an actor and ro-model.

Lol and when it comes to Catwoman, Halle isnt even really known for her acting she only got some of her roles b/c she is seen as a 'sex symbol' she's really only good as eye candy like you said...She's so desperate that after Wolverine Origins came out she had said she'd be interested in doing a Storm Origins which was practically two-faced b/c before Wolverine Origins came out she had made a statement showing no interest in playing Storm again..But anyways lets hope and pray that if Wonder Woman gets a live action movie its script will be good and the cast will be good b/c she's gonna need it...
    "
    That's my point.Wonder Woman just like any comic related movie has the potential to be good with a goof script and casting.I'm not a big Deadpool fan but his storyline has potential.It's not a reflection of the character if it doesn't do well.

I wasn't trying to make it seem as if you dissed Will,I just didn't agree with you saying the movie didn't really succeed.It did very well at the box office.
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    "@The Crimson Nutcase said:

"
    That's my point.Wonder Woman just like any comic related movie has the potential to be good with a goof script and casting.I'm not a big Deadpool fan but his storyline has potential.It's not a reflection of the character if it doesn't do well.

I wasn't trying to make it seem as if you dissed Will,I just didn't agree with you saying the movie didn't really succeed.It did very well at the box office.
    "

Yeah true, but i think if she has a goof script and cast her movie wont be as succesful as it could b/c fans or even ppl who go see it who arent fans have the power of 'word of mouth' allowing them to tell others or leave comments on sites such as this and others of how bad they thought the movie was therefore affecting peoples decision on seeing the movie which then affects the movies successfulness.
    frogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By frogger
    I mite be one fo the few people who reads Fathom and I think she would make a good Aspen as people freaking out for all this Wonder Woman talk who cares!

Fans don't want her as Wonder Woman (and I agree) and I think its safe to say she dosent want the role, problem solved. Could Comicvine actually post the part that covers Fathom which I was looking for in the first place.
    BlaqueMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlaqueMouse
    @FoxxFireArt: "I used to watch the original Wonder Woman live action TV show."

Yeah I remember watching the old school one where she would have to spin in circles to transform into costume, you could tell the actress was dizzy.
    frogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By frogger
    @BlaqueMouse: Yeah I remember watching the old school one where she would have to spin in circles to transform into costume, you could tell the actress was dizzy.

I going try find clip of that it sonds pretty funny.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @BlaqueMouse: That was Lynda Carter. Could you blame her? Also understand that she probably had to also do several takes. With all that spinning anyone would get dizzy.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#63  Edited By No_Name_
    @frogger said:
    " @BlaqueMouse: Yeah I remember watching the old school one where she would have to spin in circles to transform into costume, you could tell the actress was dizzy.I going try find clip of that it sonds pretty funny. "
    The entire first paragraph of my news post discusses the script finalization for the Aspen film, so what are you talking about?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @frogger said:
    " I mite be one fo the few people who reads Fathom and I think she would make a good Aspen as people freaking out for all this Wonder Woman talk who cares!

Fans don't want her as Wonder Woman (and I agree) and I think its safe to say she dosent want the role, problem solved. Could Comicvine actually post the part that covers Fathom which I was looking for in the first place.
    "
    Obviously people care or we wouldn't be talking about it.It just shows how little we care about Fathom.
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One, there is no Wonder Wonder movie, casting calls or anything yet, so she's not turning anything down and hasn't done so.

Two, she doesn't feel locked into a teen sex idol image especially when you look at all the other movies she's done, other than Transformers. How many movies have you actually seen her in, besides Transformers? Probably movies out of your interest range.

Diana and Aspen are extremely different characters in very different stories. She's an actor. She can act both.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pixelized

Confessions of a teenage drama queen

BlaqueMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BlaqueMouse
    @Babs: The entire first paragraph of my news post discusses the script finalization for the Aspen film, so what are you talking about?

Oh sorry we we're talking about an old school wonder woman, y'know with the invisible jet. Linda Carter would spin in circles to transform into wonder woman...and then she fought a gorilla...I can't remember if it was the movie or tv show. I saw it years ago and couldn't believe it. hilarious!
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By NightFang3

Can't wait to see it.

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

I love Fathom and I also like Megan Fox she is a good actor for both characters.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#70  Edited By Green ankh

Fox is a loud mouth bitch.

When the WW tv show came on no one expected it to do we either.  Sure it is kind of camp but it still is fun today. Given the right team and a REAL woman to play WW it still can work today.

Digitalbump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Digitalbump

Frankly, Megan has worn out her welcome.  She really is just a skanky tatted up twit.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#72  Edited By No_Name_
    @pixelized said:
    " Confessions of a teenage drama queen "
    LMFAO!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Digitalbump said:
    "Frankly, Megan has worn out her welcome.  She really is just a skanky tatted up twit. "

@Green ankh said:
    "Fox is a loud mouth bitch. When the WW tv show came on no one expected it to do we either.  Sure it is kind of camp but it still is fun today. Given the right team and a REAL woman to play WW it still can work today. "

I like how you guys call her names.That's awesome.
    LassieOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LassieOfDoom

wow, everybody hates megan fox O.O i really can't see why, she's not that bad, regardless of her appeareance which is... nevermind. well, i never read fathom, but i've seen pics of aspen matthews and i personally think she could play this role. and if the movie's going to be great or going to suck, it doesn't matter, i'll watch it just for seeing a wet megan fox

TheKillingJoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheKillingJoke
    @LassieOfDoom said:
    "wow, everybody hates megan fox O.O i really can't see why, she's not that bad, regardless of her appeareance which is... nevermind. well, i never read fathom, but i've seen pics of aspen matthews and i personally think she could play this role. and if the movie's going to be great or going to suck, it doesn't matter, i'll watch it just for seeing a wet megan fox"

I SERIUOSLY DOUBT THAT SHE CAN EVEN PLAY THE ROLE OF THAT IRL OFF MY LITTLE PONY LET ALONE THE ROLE OF THE MOST BEUTIFUL CHARACTER IN COMICS ASPEN........I WONDER DC EVER THOUGHT OF BUYING THE RIGHTS FOR HER......HOT TIMES A THOUSAND!!! HEHEHE........THE ONE THAT HAS A BETTER SHOT AT PLAYING ASPEN WOULD BE..........

YUP JUST PAINT HER HAIR GREEN AND PAINT HER FACE WHITE AND PUT A SMILE ON HER FACE AND SHE'D BE PERFECT....
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#76  Edited By joshmightbe

so is megan fox just stupid or is it full blown retarded? id just like to clear that up before making fun of her.

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's voiced that she's been mentioned as Wonder Woman by fansites and such, and mentioned why she might not be interested in portraying the character, according to media write-ups. That is all. She has never been approached for any Wonder Woman movie, as they haven't even started making one yet. She has only stated that she doesn't consider herself a sex symbol, and as an actress who's done more than Transformer movies she can do that. You've never heard her say anything of that sort.
    She has never been asked to play Wonder Woman, as there is NO Wonder Woman movie role for her yet to consider. She has talked about her media photo shoots being of a pin-up nature, at best.
    Apparently, yes, she has been officially cast as Aspen in Fathom, so most likely she's thinking Aspen more than Wonder Woman. You would, however, be surprised by the number of fans beyond a few boys on fansites who wouldn't mind her playing Diana, in the slightest.
    Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MysteriousBlack

I don't think it's possible for Wonder Woman to have a live action movie.

srs bsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By srs bsns

Whoa, talk about making something out of nothing.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jefprice
    "I feel like that's a hard adaptation to make into a live-action film," said Fox. "She flies around in an invisible jet and she has a lasso of truth... It's going to be a hard movie to make live action."

I'm not going to lie, Lol it does seem like a hard thing when those 2 factors are there. If they cut the jet out, even then a lasso of truth? It's going to be a hard sell with non comic fans.

It's funny that she says she's not really trying to tackle one right now, when like a month ago she was talking about She hulk. But, no lasso there. Lol I would rather see her in that, then in WW though. She seems like that would be more her thing.

I've having a hard time nailing down why she's getting a lot of crap. Why is she retarded? Because she thinks WW is going to be hard to pull off? IT IS! Lol What about a Invisible jet sounds like  cool idea? Is see dumb or retarded because people don't like her? Because that's not what makes someone dumb or retarded. I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't think she deserves being bashed because she says things like this that make sense. Yeah we get it, people want to see a WW film, but none of the fans want her in it, and she makes a very good point, it is going to be hard. So why is she getting all this crap about it?
    panda21595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By panda21595

Here, if the late and great Michael Turner wanted Meghan Fox, I'm sure she'll be fine. And as far as a Wonder Woman movie, everyone has there opinion, I personally think it will be hard to make one but its not entirely possible it kinda worked in the animated movie.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By grimreaper1980

i have to aggree with her

tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tigerex78

The arguments made recognizable characters goes makes no sense.  How many people know who Hellboy is?  With two successful movies and another one in development a good story is what wins out.  A Fathom movie in my opinion would be harder to pull off than a Wonder Woman one.  As far as Megan Fox is concerned,  I would prefer another actress to play Aspen, one that can at least appear intelligent.  None of the characters that Megan Fox has played have been very intelligent.   

yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By yeopop

What about an actress like Emma Stone for Fathom?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.