fathom into the deep release date?

#1 Posted by fathom (4 posts) - - Show Bio

its all in the title.whens it coming out?

#2 Posted by aspen (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Whell, here is what we know.
1  Fox studios had purchased the rights.
2 Fox studios was working on a animated Fathom
3 James Cameron got Fox convinced to do a live-action Fathom film
4 James Cameron asked Jessica Alba if she would star in it and she said it was fine.
5 Screenwriter for The Lion King was hard at work on the movie.
6  and then things slowed down.
BUT.........................................................................................................THEN
7 During Wizard World Philly  weekend Executive Vice President of Aspen MLT Inc Frank Mastromauro said there are "a few movie things in the works," along with other ancillary projects."

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make more comics before even thinking about making a movie... and actually release the comics on the announced date.

#4 Edited by aspen (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Your probly right but i think in the right hands it could boost the Fathom name which would help sell comics and additional merchandise.

#5 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg no fox... fox destroy things..

But again if james cameron its in charge then there is nothing to fear but only super expectations! tought I dont think he is working on it right now.
#6 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

The comics are awful.... i'd expect a movie to be seen... but Miss fox splashing around in a bathing suit is sure to grab someone's money

#7 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha splashing around on a bathing suit xD...

I am going to buy the essentials in order to satisfy my curiosity of this comics , I mean the art is beautiful and for wath I have seen so far it cant be that bad.
#8 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

the art was alright, but the writing suuuucks

#9 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

story sucks? wathaya mean?... I mean it cant be that bad isnt?

#10 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Fathom Vol.2 wasnt near as good as the 1st one.
Art was ok but story meh....

I agree with you on this vance.

Besie's chance sucks, how come they didnt court martial him?

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

Fathom is lame.

#12 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

no way, just the stuff that wasnt done by Michael turner.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

Her book is stupid.She doesn't do anything interesting.She just sits around and looks hot.It's wack.

#14 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be a bit interesting for a fathom movie to come out, not a very common genre 'cause aspen isnt so much a SUPERHERO nor a normal hot girl :))

#15 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Her book is stupid.She doesn't do anything interesting.She just sits around and looks hot.It's wack."
If you didn't like volume 1 maybe you should try the spin-off Killian's Tide, there's more story to that (also no Aspen).
#16 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... I like Kiani tought. Currently trying to get the Dawn Of War TPB.

and Again chance should DIE! or GTFO, dont like him hanging around with Aspen.
its like they just brought him back cause he was in the 1st arc.

#17 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL i could never understand why they didn't match Aspen up with Cannon Hawke..

#18 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"LOL i could never understand why they didn't match Aspen up with Cannon Hawke..
"
Me neither, Alo I think that some of the current aspen crew is a little bit pretenitous.
They should invent new characters but instead of that they are bringing back the old ones, like chance and Killian.

Killian should had stayed dead and chance should had stayed away, after all I tought he was a fugitive no? I mean he disobeyed orders like crazy and killed loads of people.

Aspen should stay single or they should had made a new cool character but again I belive that the current aspen team is unavailable of that and are very closed minded right now.
#19 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i agree, they should try new things. But i don't know, i like Killian, he sort of reminds me of Magneto. But i agree with Chance though, he did disobey orders and they really should do more with that. It could even make him a more interesting character.

#20 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... btw did Mike planned the current setting or are they doing wath they want?

Killian's tide sounds like fun, I agree tought he was very nasty villian. So if they brought him back then it should be for something important in the story.

Guess I wont buy 3rth volume issues and Ill wait till the TPB is released instead.

#21 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're just doing what they want now. Well, with Killian you never know!

And yeah, i don't know if i'll even buy the TBP the way things have been going. I hope it gets better.

#22 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Is killian's tide cool?
I am thinking on grabbing, Dawn of War and Killians tide TPB, also Was thinking on the kiani series but again I am not quiet sure.

#23 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so, plus it's Michel Turner art, can't go wrong there! It's a bit of his history and how he came to be, i like the story better then the first Fathom story arc.
Well, if you liked the first volume, you'll probably like those too.

#24 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Ima soo getin killians tide then!
tought I think there aint a TPB yet.

I am afraid Ill have to get issue by issue.

BTW I have the feeling that the current ASPEN crew its very like..  unfriendly or pompous.

am I right? also I really dont likehow Krul writes, he thinks he is the big deal just cause he has a lot of titles of college...
dude there are people ho never studied **** and are worldwide famous

#25 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

btw, what is finn's relationship to kiani? In to the deep she mentions that he's eyes seemed familiar to him, or the way he looked at her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.