Follow

Ashake

Character » Ashake appears in 20 issues.

Ashake lived throughout Kenya during part of the Pharaonic times. She was a powerful sorceress and virtually identical to the modern heroine Storm, who is Ashake's "granddaughter many times removed".

We have the Goddess on our side

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Since the Dawn of Atlantis, Oshtur has given the African women of Ashake's ancestry white hair, blue eyes, and very powerful magic potential leading all the way down to Ororo Munroe. Now, while I love everything about this, I can't help but wander. Why of all the people, let alone the women, in the world, did Oshtur give her favor and power to the women of Storm's family? Does anyone have any idea what the source of her ages old loyalty to them is?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sling Shot

A story element yet to be explored from Storm's mythos. Possibly a good read.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Tahdigga

If it is explored, I would definitely pick it up.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Tahdigga says:

"If it is explored, I would definitely pick it up."
    Ditto. It's just that, this matrilineal line has been going on since the Dawn of Atlantis. Some of my main questions that I still don't have answers to after reading a LOT of comics about Storm are: 1. What made these women catch Oshtur's eye? 2. Is there some sort of relation?
    Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tahdigga

She's in no relation to Apocalypse is she? I know there was metion of him in Storm's origin mini.

Dealing with the ruby pin she wears.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Tahdigga says:

"She's in no relation to Apocalypse is she? I know there was metion of him in Storm's origin mini. Dealing with the ruby pin she wears."
    Don't worry. There is no relation to Apocalypse. The only reason why she was mentioned in that manner, is because she is one of The Twelve. Apocalypse was still on his crypt, and the person who identified her realized that she was part of The Twelve prophecy.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

White Mage says:

"Tahdigga says:
    "She's in no relation to Apocalypse is she? I know there was metion of him in Storm's origin mini. Dealing with the ruby pin she wears."
    Don't worry. There is no relation to Apocalypse. The only reason why she was mentioned in that manner, is because she is one of The Twelve. Apocalypse was still on his crypt, and the person who identified her realized that she was part of The Twelve prophecy."

It was recently revealed that Chamber and Blink is descendants of Apocalypse, so it's not impossible.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792

fesak says:

"White Mage says:
    "Tahdigga says:
    Don't worry. There is no relation to Apocalypse. The only reason why she was mentioned in that manner, is because she is one of The Twelve. Apocalypse was still on his crypt, and the person who identified her realized that she was part of The Twelve prophecy. "
    It was recently revealed that Chamber and Blink is descendants of Apocalypse, so it's not impossible."
    True, but Ashake did list her entire bloodline down to Storm in The Marvel Tarot. From what has been shown, I don't think she is of relation. But, regardless, any revelation, in my eyes, is a good one. But I still don't think she is of blood relation to En Sabah Nur
    Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tahdigga

I woundn't mind it. It just means their a powerful blood line.

Feel the fury!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Tahdigga says:

"I woundn't mind it. It just means their a powerful blood line. *Feel the fury!* "
    How do you upload those pics?
    ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

Not all of Storms Ancestors had white Hair, in fact it was rare gift as I understand it. I remember reading somewhere that Storm was deceended from the "People of the rain" or something long those lines. Perhaps another reason is thier natural inclination to skill, and pure spirits. Even as a Vampire storm turned out to be a heroine.  

here are some intresting tidbits for you in regards to ashake, her eyes are Tapetumus (meaning catlike) she can see perfectly n the dark, and she can see through mystic illusions. Storm was originally drawn with the same cat like eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.