Follow

Asgardian Gods

Team » Asgardian Gods appears in 1801 issues.

The deities of Norse mythology.

SIEGE: It annoy u how Asgardians were treated as canon fodder?

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhTru

Not only was the story kinda predictable but I was annoyed how Asgard looked like a bunch of Skrull cannon fodder troops. They are supposed to be Gods, not people who get torn apart by Daken and Taskmaster

I also get the feeling that guys like Bendis conceived this story thinking a McCain not an Obama would be in power. If you think about the the whole Dark, Gobbie arc is a continuation of the stories during the Bush/Cheney Presidency. Bendis was not one to shy away from throwing politics into his comics. Asgard is a recognized as its own territory and sometimes with Gobbie leading the front the whole thing feels warped and twisted like a hardheaded UnitedStates trying to storm the Iraqi Embassy, Korean or Pakistani Embassy...but this time they are dealing with a sovereign territory with deadlier magic weapons that would make mankinds biggest nukes look like tiny little firecrackers.
      This is a story the writers team thought up, I feel they wrote themselves into a corner and were forced to run with it. Imagine for a sec Osborn lays a siege to Olympus. The Olympians retaliate, swat all the Dark Avengers away, decide to counter attack the plan Bush plan Gobbie, the Olympians fire off a magic blast and turn Washington into a crater.... is not really a big event.?
    If Siege was 7 years planned is it just a muddled story some people wrote when Bush and War was popular and the Liberals and Pacifist voters of the US felt under Siege. After 911 many people were embarrassed to calls themselves liberal it was cool to support Bush and it was only after he fubared the economy and fubared Iraq that people started taking a go at his Presidency. When a black dude with a softer approach to war and more left economic policies came onto the election campaign the people with pens at Marvel did not have any new material for Obama, so they went back to old scripts
    Siege IMO is from the Republican/911 era of comics and because the writers did not plan ahead, they had to run an old script
     the writers were forced to go with it?
    I understand now why JMS wanted no part of this Thor story!!

There have been hints over the years that each citizen of Asgard are supposed to fight as ferociously as Tombstone or Venom, so with each citizen being this powerful, and each of their citizens trained from the day they are born to be soldiers
     why the hell would those Gods need help from Bucky, Hawkeye or Captain America? 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Wow a whole lot of rant that made no sense... bravo.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BIackFlash

taskmaster for the win

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

Why do they need help from Cap and Bucky.... Let me think

THEY RIPPED APART A GOD
     THEY RIPPED APART A GOD

also

Taskmaster has hell of a lot of skill
     Taskmaster has hell of a lot of skill

I think they need all the help they can get. Hell if I was up against Hammer, The Dark Avengers and the rest, I'd be calling over to the DC universe for back up.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Watch Dog
    @OhTru: I totally agree with you(about Siege not the political stuff) the Asgardians have gotten punked this hole story.  Taskmaster and Daken should not be able to kill them so easily and in my opinyon Taskmaster should not be able to kill them at all they are FN gods and as far as I know his wepowns are not magic. 
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By tensor

i agree too, it is some crappy writing ,once you have bendis in it you can expect anything.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notably theres something missing here. aside from the Void, Loki empowered Norman and Hoods
    crew with magic and the Norn Stones, and likewise sabotaged Asgard from the inside out from the beginning.
    so they were actually using magic reinforcement, not just bullets and their fists.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Assman
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "notably theres something missing here. aside from the Void, Loki empowered Norman and Hoods crew with magic and the Norn Stones, and likewise sabotaged Asgard from the inside out from the beginning. so they were actually using magic reinforcement, not just bullets and their fists. "

That is very true and well put.  It's not like it's just hapend, Loki has been manipulating these events since his return.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.