115 Comments
  • 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Edited by Vortex13

Hahaha, I've actually always thought it was stupid for characters to wear high heels while fighting crime.

Good video, and discussion.

Posted by Red L.A.M.P.

Hey I recognize that street.  I thought that was "OUR" afternoon walk G-Man!  I feel betrayed.

  

Staff
Posted by G-Man

I guess I "get around"?

Staff
Posted by Captain Cascader

Is that magneto in the beginning?

Staff
Posted by Vance Astro

I think the answer is because boots just fit with superhero costumes.You've seen kids on halloween wearing sneakers with a Superman or Spider-Man costume on and it looks just tacky.It's like how when you wear formal attire to church or to work,you don't wear sneakers or certain types of shoes because they are too informal.Most superheroes are male so I doubt they would wear heels and loafers and other shoes just wouldn't look right.Also..boots are the most comfortable shoe you can wear while in combat.As Vortex 13 said..it's kind of silly for a female superhero to wear heels while fighting crime.They would most likely break the heel or their ankle.

Moderator
Posted by G-Man
Captain Cascader said:
"Is that magneto in the beginning?"
I totally thought the same thing.  We told him that and he said something like "What's a magneto."
Staff
Posted by The_Martian

LOL

Spider-Man wears, "Booties" I say its a tie:P

Posted by The_MVPs

hahahaha nice job that was some funny back and forth banter. What I think is really funny is the old man that Babs jacks, knows her name :P "hey babs come back" lmfao. Sounds like he's been a victim of yours before Babs. As for the topic, we all know why Babs wears heals and it has nothing to do with practicality. Someone's a lil diva :D

Moderator
Posted by G-Man

I guess "Babs" is like an international jewel thief or something.  Everyone knows who she is.

Staff
Posted by Vortex13
Vance Astro said:
"I think the answer is because boots just fit with superhero costumes.You've seen kids on halloween wearing sneakers with a Superman or Spider-Man costume on and it looks just tacky.It's like how when you wear formal attire to church or to work,you don't wear sneakers or certain types of shoes because they are too informal.Most superheroes are male so I doubt they would wear heels and loafers and other shoes just wouldn't look right.Also..boots are the most comfortable shoe you can wear while in combat.As Vortex 13 said..it's kind of silly for a female superhero to wear heels while fighting crime.They would most likely break the heel or their ankle."
I wear steel toe boots to work, so i guess boots do make sense if like your doing work where you could injure your feet.
Posted by The_Martian

Spider-Booties:P

Edited by DMC

i say it depends on the character and (sometimes) the artist....if they actually draw boots or "socks"


anyway....characters who can fly can get away with it (obviously) like superman or miss america

But why oh why does he wear boots?


Boots? NO

Track Cleats? YES!!!




































































Flash would look a lot cooler (and faster) in cleats. Can't get up on the tips of your feet in those fishing boots.

Posted by Media_Master

Boot kicks hurt

Posted by Decept-O

G-Man, G-Man....boots.  Soldiers, Marines, S.W.A.T. officers and other MIlitary and Civilian personnel train and wear boots every day.  They are adept at running, jumping, climbing, and performing many other physical tasks while wearing boots.  

I think you may be speculating that boots might hinder a crime fighter.   The lightweight yet durable materials of boots of today are quite adequate, allowing people who wear them to perform their duties comfortably. 

I also get what you are saying about Superman. Why does he wear boots if he is invulnerable?  Well, isn't his whole costume more or less his homage to his father's Kryptonian status?  Maybe he wants to appear and feel human in a way.  Also, it gives him a regal appearance.   He'd look dorky wearing shoes...but his trunks on the outside of his costume is also dorky.....

Batgirl Babs has a good point--I am hard pressed to think of any female characters who don't wear boots.   Namorita, who more or less was barefoot all the time.  Tigra is usually barefoot.  Also, She-Hulk was initially barefoot , but she usually wears tennis shoes.  She has worn boots but is often depicted with shoes.   How about Iron Fist and those "slippers" or Shang-Chi,  Master of Kung Fu?  No boots for those guys.  Ninjas don't wear boots.   Beast was barefoot for quite some time until they changed his appearance and costume (why?).

High heels on boots on female characters is of course a bit pointless in terms of aiding the character BUT they look great! 

Oh, that sidewalk issue....I'd much rather see Batgirl Babs' back view than Red L.A.M.P.  anyday, but that's just me. 

Posted by Vance Astro
Vortex13 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I think the answer is because boots just fit with superhero costumes.You've seen kids on halloween wearing sneakers with a Superman or Spider-Man costume on and it looks just tacky.It's like how when you wear formal attire to church or to work,you don't wear sneakers or certain types of shoes because they are too informal.Most superheroes are male so I doubt they would wear heels and loafers and other shoes just wouldn't look right.Also..boots are the most comfortable shoe you can wear while in combat.As Vortex 13 said..it's kind of silly for a female superhero to wear heels while fighting crime.They would most likely break the heel or their ankle."
I wear steel toe boots to work, so i guess boots do make sense if like your doing work where you could injure your feet."
Agreed.
Moderator
Posted by Dane

Honestly I think it's just to compliment character design most of the time. I mean seriously of all the things wrong with a costume like Emma Frost's I think the boots are probably the least functionality flawed. Can you imagine going outside in winter wearing that thing? It'd take a week to thaw you out after each mission.

Posted by kittenpride

Boots look cool.

It's heels that i wanna know about!
Stilettos while crime fighting? hell. NO.

Posted by danhimself

wonder woman's blades are magically forged and that's why they hurt superman

Posted by Samuraikenpo

okay was i the only one who saw that episode of The Boondocks were you learn that hookers are the only ones who can run in heels really really fast and as i remember selina kyle what was her first job again.  Enough said on that note.  G-Man not everyone can wear pjs or jumpsuits with Xs on them and call themselves a super hero sometimes you gotta kick someone with a boot.

Posted by Red L.A.M.P.

Men find high heels on women attractive because it makes them look fragile/dainty.  Look it up, it's science.

Therefore, female crimefighters will wear heels to trick their opponents into thinking they are weak.  That's just common sense.

Staff
Posted by Vance Astro
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Men find high heels on women attractive because it makes them look fragile/dainty.  Look it up, it's science.Therefore, female crimefighters will wear heels to trick their opponents into thinking they are weak.  That's just common sense."
I like heels on women because it makes them stand in a way that makes their butt poke out.
Moderator
Posted by Red L.A.M.P.
Vance Astro said:
"Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Men find high heels on women attractive because it makes them look fragile/dainty.  Look it up, it's science.Therefore, female crimefighters will wear heels to trick their opponents into thinking they are weak.  That's just common sense."
I like heels on women because it makes them stand in a way that makes their butt poke out.
"
That too is SCIENCE.   Its all sciencey.  We've been programmed for tens of thousands of years to like certain things.


Staff
Posted by aztek_the_lost

yay for science!

Moderator
Posted by Vance Astro
aztek the lost said:
"yay for science!"
YAY!
Moderator
Posted by Calvin

The sword wonder woman had was magical, a witch from the desert gave it to her, because the witch was unable to defeat Superman by herself.
I was under the impression that wonder woman could have cut his head off, and she just cut him a bit so he could be aware that he wasn't invulnerable to the blade.

Concerning the boots, that's just for old school style!

Posted by DMC

Red L.A.M.P said

Men find high heels on women attractive because it makes them look fragile/dainty.  Look it up, it's science.

Therefore, female crimefighters will wear heels to trick their opponents into thinking they are weak.  That's just common sense.

yeah and I'll bet it's very uncomfortable, especially for the street level female heroes.

Posted by Calvin
DMC said:
"
Red L.A.M.P said

Men find high heels on women attractive because it makes them look fragile/dainty.  Look it up, it's science.

Therefore, female crimefighters will wear heels to trick their opponents into thinking they are weak.  That's just common sense.
yeah and I'll bet it's very uncomfortable, especially for the street level female heroes. "
And hight heels can be used as a weapon you can easly stick it on someone's leg
Edited by mattydeNero

Funny, yet ridiculous.  Why not ask why people wear boots in general?  Because that's basically the question you're asking.

To name a few: Batman rocks some s#!tkickers, and Superman wears socks with traction like bowling shoes, or maybe like a onezie?  At least, that's what I've always thought anyway.  But obviously, in either universe, most of these characters are super-strong.  So what's the big deal?  They're flying, or speeding through.  Now Flash, he needs NASA boots, S.T.A.R. Labs manufactured "flaves".

I agree with the gang by saying... Marvel: socks, DC: boots, or booties.

Posted by Stormultt

boots are sexy and fashionable DUH!!

Posted by Vance Astro
mattydee007 said:
Marvel: socks, DC: boots, or booties."
I don't think socks is the right word for them.
Moderator
Posted by Nahero

can't say the same for men stormmutt

like G~man said i don't think its such a big deal cuz not all superheroes wear boots

Posted by Nahero

i just saw G~man give Red L the finger

Posted by No_Name_

Ahh fun times!

@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-

Posted by pixelized

I WANT MY FEMALE CHARACTERS TO WEAR HEELS!



Emma Frost, 30,000 dollar body, and she adds Nike's as her finishing touch? I don't think so.

Moonstone, Closet filled with the latest from Prada and She wears/wore the pajamas with the feet attached?

Monet St. Croix, born into royalty, opted to keep her gucci ensemble clean instead of saving some random's life... and she wears...... idk, what type of shoes does she wear?
Moderator
Posted by No_Name_
pixelized said:
"

I WANT MY FEMALE CHARACTERS TO WEAR HEELS!

Emma Frost, 30,000 dollar body, and she adds Nike's as her finishing touch? I don't think so.Moonstone, Closet filled with the latest from Prada and She wears/wore the pajamas with the feet attached?Monet St. Croix, born into royalty, opted to keep her gucci ensemble clean instead of saving some random's life... and she wears...... idk, what type of shoes does she wear?"
I completely agree. It's fiction. They look better in heels. Why does everything always have to be PC?!
Posted by Tainted-Cell

DMC, is that Lady Ziggy Stardust you've got there?
Namorita didn't wear boots, and look where it got her. Fist full of Nitro.
But Iron Fist doesn't wear boots...

Posted by Nahero
Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"

don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix
Posted by pixelized
Nahero said:
"Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"
don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix "
Whoa now, you're jumping the gun there son.
Moderator
Posted by Vance Astro
Babs said:
"pixelized said:
"

I WANT MY FEMALE CHARACTERS TO WEAR HEELS!

Emma Frost, 30,000 dollar body, and she adds Nike's as her finishing touch? I don't think so.Moonstone, Closet filled with the latest from Prada and She wears/wore the pajamas with the feet attached?Monet St. Croix, born into royalty, opted to keep her gucci ensemble clean instead of saving some random's life... and she wears...... idk, what type of shoes does she wear?"
I completely agree. It's fiction. They look better in heels. Why does everything always have to be PC?!"
I completely disagree unless we are talking about female characters as in characters that are female but not superheroes.Heels don't work with alot of super-heroine costumes..and throwing them in is just reaching to make them look more feminine.
Moderator
Posted by pixelized
Vance Astro said:
"Babs said:
"pixelized said:
"

I WANT MY FEMALE CHARACTERS TO WEAR HEELS!

Emma Frost, 30,000 dollar body, and she adds Nike's as her finishing touch? I don't think so.Moonstone, Closet filled with the latest from Prada and She wears/wore the pajamas with the feet attached?Monet St. Croix, born into royalty, opted to keep her gucci ensemble clean instead of saving some random's life... and she wears...... idk, what type of shoes does she wear?"
I completely agree. It's fiction. They look better in heels. Why does everything always have to be PC?!"
I completely disagree unless we are talking about female characters as in characters that are female but not superheroes.Heels don't work with alot of super-heroine costumes..and throwing them in is just reaching to make them look more feminine.
"
I meant it more for the examples that i showed, where personality would make it ridiculous for them not to wear. And 2 out of 3 of them fly, so walking/running is not a problem. And emma is distance anyway.
Moderator
Posted by Precise
Vance Astro said:
"I completely disagree unless we are talking about female characters as in characters that are female but not superheroes.Heels don't work with alot of super-heroine costumes..and throwing them in is just reaching to make them look more feminine."
What's wrong with that? It's comics, not real life.
Posted by No_Name_
pixelized said:
"Nahero said:
"Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"
don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix "
Whoa now, you're jumping the gun there son."
Really? I didn't laugh.
Edited by Nahero
pixelized said:
"Nahero said:
"Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"
don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix "
Whoa now, you're jumping the gun there son."
you wanna tell what that means
Posted by Vance Astro
Precise said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I completely disagree unless we are talking about female characters as in characters that are female but not superheroes.Heels don't work with alot of super-heroine costumes..and throwing them in is just reaching to make them look more feminine."
What's wrong with that? It's comics, not real life."
So what? It's poor character designing.You think when people design a character they go "Oh I can just through this in,who will care? It's not real anyway!" I like my comics made as close to real life as it can get.
Moderator
Posted by Precise
Vance Astro said:
"So what? It's poor character designing.You think when people design a character they go "Oh I can just through this in,who will care? It's not real anyway!" I like my comics made as close to real life as it can get."
That where we disagree, i read comics for the fantasy world they create. If i want real life i'll watch a movie or go out into the world.
Posted by pixelized
Babs said:
"pixelized said:
"Nahero said:
"Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"
don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix "
Whoa now, you're jumping the gun there son."
Really? I didn't laugh."
Because you didn't know i was kidding? alright.
Moderator
Posted by Vance Astro
pixelized said:
I meant it more for the examples that i showed, where personality would make it ridiculous for them not to wear. And 2 out of 3 of them fly, so walking/running is not a problem. And emma is distance anyway. "
M and Moonstone have no business wearing heels.
Moderator
Posted by Nahero
pixelized said:
"Babs said:
"pixelized said:
"Nahero said:
"Babs said:
"Ahh fun times!@Hey I can run fast in high heels, in no way shape or form does that make me a hooker -_-"
don't worry about it i highly doubt people think your a hooker especially me or pix "
Whoa now, you're jumping the gun there son."
Really? I didn't laugh."
Because you didn't know i was kidding? alright."
well didn't see that comming
Posted by No_Name_

So was I :)

Posted by pixelized
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
I meant it more for the examples that i showed, where personality would make it ridiculous for them not to wear. And 2 out of 3 of them fly, so walking/running is not a problem. And emma is distance anyway. "
M and Moonstone have no business wearing heels.
"
Why not?
Moderator
  • 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3