Comic Vine News

30 Comments

Valiant July 2014 Covers and Solicitations

What does Valiant have coming down the pipeline?

Check out the cool covers and awesome solicitations for Valiant for July 2014.

ARMOR HUNTERS #2 (of 4) (VALIANT FIRST)

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art & Cover by DOUG BRAITHWAITE

Mask Cover by RIAN HUGHES

Variant Cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Artist Variant by BRYAN HITCH

SURRENDER THE ARMOR OR EARTH WILL DIE!

Following the shocking final moments of the previous issue, the Armor Hunters have made their intentions clear, and unless X-O Manowar is turned over to them immediately, thousands of innocents will become additional casualties of this already brutal war. Valiant’s most formidable heroes are about to go on the offensive, but the Armor Hunters have another trick up their sleeve, and this one will change the battle forever. Who will live? Who will die? The world will know what it feels like to be POWERLESS as Valiant’s massive summer crossover continues!

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT #1 (of 3) (VALIANT FIRST)

Written by JOE HARRIS

Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Chromium & Standard Edition Cover by PHILIP TAN*

Character Design Variant by CLAYTON CRAIN

Armor Hunters Variant by TREVOR HAIRSINE

The hunters become the hunted!

With the major capitals of Earth under siege by the Armor Hunters, the world’s most dangerous weapon has decided to come in from the cold – and into the service of the top-secret Military Extraterrestrial Reconnaissance Outpost (M.E.R.O.)! But when one of the Armor Hunters’ own stages an extraterrestrial jailbreak inside of M.E.R.O.’s fortified command center, the nanite-enhanced commando known as Bloodshot will become the last thing standing between the galaxy’s most feared team of hunter-killers and a classified arsenal of secret weapons far too deadly for human hands!

CHROMIUM EDITION: $5.99 | STANDARD EDITION: $3.99

32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 23

*RETAILERS BE ADVISED: Due to the lead time needed to produce chromium, Armor Hunters Chromium Editions will be available in robust but limited quantities set prior to solicitation, and orders may be allocated.

ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER #1 (of 3) (VALIANT FIRST)

Written by JOSHUA DYSART

Art by ROBERT GILL

Chromium & Standard Edition Cover by LEWIS LAROSA*

Character Design Variant by CLAYTON CRAIN

Armor Hunters Variant by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Earth is besieged by alien enforcers, and some of the most powerful people on the planet…are the kids!

The Harbinger Renegades are still reeling from a tragic death in their ranks, but in the face of monumental destruction they’ll find unlikely allies in a fellow group of super-powerful teenagers. But is Generation Zero here to help…or are they just looking out for themselves?

CHROMIUM EDITION: $5.99 | STANDARD EDITION: $3.99

32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 30

*RETAILERS BE ADVISED: Due to the lead time needed to produce chromium, Armor Hunters Chromium Editions will be available in robust but limited quantities set prior to solicitation, and orders may be allocated.

UNITY #9 (ARMOR HUNTERS)

Written by MATT KINDT

Art bY STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Cover by MICO SUAYAN

Variant Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Time to bring in…Bloodshot!

The unrelenting forces of the Armor Hunters have wreaked havoc on planet Earth, leaving terror and destruction in their wake. Now, our last, best chance at standing against the calculating wrath of the Hunters comes in the form of Unity – Livewire, Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, and their latest recruit…BLOODSHOT?! But can they stop these galactic intruders before they capture X-O Manowar and destroy the Earth?

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 16

X-O MANOWAR #27 (ARMOR HUNTERS)

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by DIEGO BERNARD

Cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA

Variant Cover by DIEGO BERNARD

Hunt it. Trap it. Kill it.

The Armor Hunters are the most dangerous fighters in the universe – unparalleled in their abilities to catch and destroy their prey. Their mission has been long and unforgiving...and has featured the destruction of many X-O Manowar armors. For the first time, we see the brutal beginnings of the Hunters...and the devastation they have vowed to combat.

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 30

RAI #3 (VALIANT FIRST)

Written by MATT KINDT

Art by CLAYTON CRAIN

Cover A by RAUL ALLEN

Cover B by CLAYTON CRAIN

Variant Cover by CAFU

Nothing is what it seems…not even yourself...

A seemingly random murder – the first in a thousand years – is unraveling the mysteries at the heart of Rai’s very existence. As the country of Japan completes another orbit around 41st century Earth, Rai, its sole protector, turns his investigation toward two figures he never questioned before: Father, the A.I. that controls Japan…and himself.

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

HARBINGER #25

Written by JOSHUA DYSART with JUSTIN JORDAN and LUCY KNISLEY

Art by KHARI EVANS with DAN GOLDMAN, BARRY KITSON, ANDREW PEPOY, RAFER ROBERTS, RILEY ROSSMO, RON WIMBERLY and MORE!

Cover A by MICO SUAYAN

Cover B by JENNY FRISON

Variant Cover by LUCY KNISLEY

Throwback Variant by SEAN CHEN

Variant Cover by BARRY KITSON

Toyo Harada’s last stand! The future of Harbinger starts here with a star-studded, 48-page anniversary milestone – packed with brand new contributions from an all-star cast of creators and shocking new revelations about the fate of Valiant’s teenage superteam!

A Renegade has fallen and, now, there is no turning back. Stripped of his allies and all sense of self-preservation, the world’s most powerful “harbinger,” super-powered billionaire Toyo Harada, is about to inflict a terrible reckoning on a world he thought he could control…and everything we thought we knew will be forever changed in its wake.

Original series creators Joshua Dysart and Khari Evans reunite to deliver a devastating climax to the second year of the series that The Onion/A.V. Club calls “the crown jewel of Valiant’s lineup” – and officiates the “Death of a Renegade” with all-new artwork and stories from an incredible roster of award-winning talents, including Dan Goldman (Red Light Properties), Justin Jordan (The Strange Talent of Luther Strode), Barry Kitson (Empire), Lucy Knisley (Relish: My Life in the Kitchen), Andrew Pepoy (Fables), Rafer Roberts (Carpool Buddies of Doom), Riley Rossmo (Drumhellar), Ron Wimberly (Prince of Cats), and more!

$4.99 | 48 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 16

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #22

Written by FRED VAN LENTE

Art by PERE PEREZ

Cover A by SHAWN CRYSTAL

Cover B by MICHAEL WALSH

THE END IS NEAR!

Archer and Armstrong have survived their stay in the Hotel California, but now they are at the mercy of the Church of Retrology and the despicable Lizard King! What does this disgraced former rock star have in store for our dysfunctional duo, and what secret does he hold that has affected celebrities (both living and dead) for untold decades?

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 23

QUANTUM AND WOODY #12

Written by JAMES ASMUS

Art by WILFREDO TORRES

Cover by TOM FOWLER

Beaten! Bloodied! Bamboozled!

Quantum and Woody took the battle straight to the enemy – the mad-science cabal called Edison’s Radical Acquisitions and their mysterious, monstrous new leader – and the enemy kicked their ass! When these rogue biologists (and roboticists) get their hands (and robo-claws) on their new lab subjects, Quantum and Woody are as good as vivisected! (And, by vivisected, we mean dead.)

$3.99 | 32 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 2

UNITY VOL. 2: TRAPPED BY WEBNET TPB

Written by MATT KINDT with ROBERT VENDITTI

Art by CAFU with LEE GARBETT

Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. First came UNITY… Now meet WEBNET!

Coming off of the earth-shattering repercussions of their first mission, Ninjak is leading the newly formed Unity team right back into the trenches to face the Valiant Universe’s next colossal threat – the enigmatic Dr. Silk and his high-tech terror cell: WEBNET! With the fate of untold millions on the line, can this team of cutthroat heroes uncover Silk’s endgame – and his connection to Ninjak’s shadowy past?

From New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and superstar artist CAFU (Action Comics), start reading here when X-O Manowar, Eternal Warrior, Livewire and the rest of Valiant’s best-selling superteam begin an all-new, high-stakes adventure! Collecting UNITY #5-7, plus the landmark first appearance of Ninjak from X-O MANOWAR #5!

$14.99 | 112 pages, full color | T+ | On sale JULY 9

TRADE PAPERBACK | ISBN: 9781939346346

32 Comments
Posted by CheeseSticks

It's a shame that Harbinger is ending. After issue 25, we have the 3 issues of Armor Hunter and then the three issues of Harbinger Omega. Then nothing else.

Posted by jrjoanes

Where's shadowman?

Posted by saoakden

What happen to the Eternal Warrior series?

Posted by TommytheHitman

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO VALIANT'S SERIES?!

Posted by Fallschirmjager

It's a shame that Harbinger is ending. After issue 25, we have the 3 issues of Armor Hunter and then the three issues of Harbinger Omega. Then nothing else.

what the actual f*ck? when was this announced? why is it ending? its been so ridiculously good...

Posted by AllStarSuperman

I keep waiting for Gilad to switch to his blue suit in Unity, wonder why he only wears the cloak thing.

I am still disappointed about Eternal Warrior going on hiatus, freakin sucks.

@saoakden said:

What happen to the Eternal Warrior series?

Look above. Probably won't be back until Armour Hunters is over.

Online
Posted by CheeseSticks
Posted by DoomDoomDoom

@allstarsuperman: That's the first I've heard of it going on hiatus, don't know if your following Eternal Warrior but yesterdays issue felt like a really quick rap-up so I can see it. I don't know why Shadowman is absent from the list but IMO it has become forgettable.

Posted by Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager said:

@cheesesticks said:

It's a shame that Harbinger is ending. After issue 25, we have the 3 issues of Armor Hunter and then the three issues of Harbinger Omega. Then nothing else.

what the actual f*ck? when was this announced? why is it ending? its been so ridiculously good...

25 is the last issue. Then we have the three issue of Armor Hunters and a three issue mini-serie of Harbinger Omega.

WC14 EXCLUSIVE: Dysart Closes the Book on "Harbinger," Heads to "Omegas"

:(

Posted by CheeseSticks

@cheesesticks said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cheesesticks said:

It's a shame that Harbinger is ending. After issue 25, we have the 3 issues of Armor Hunter and then the three issues of Harbinger Omega. Then nothing else.

what the actual f*ck? when was this announced? why is it ending? its been so ridiculously good...

25 is the last issue. Then we have the three issue of Armor Hunters and a three issue mini-serie of Harbinger Omega.

WC14 EXCLUSIVE: Dysart Closes the Book on "Harbinger," Heads to "Omegas"

:(

I know, it s*cks -_-

Posted by Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager said:

@cheesesticks said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cheesesticks said:

It's a shame that Harbinger is ending. After issue 25, we have the 3 issues of Armor Hunter and then the three issues of Harbinger Omega. Then nothing else.

what the actual f*ck? when was this announced? why is it ending? its been so ridiculously good...

25 is the last issue. Then we have the three issue of Armor Hunters and a three issue mini-serie of Harbinger Omega.

WC14 EXCLUSIVE: Dysart Closes the Book on "Harbinger," Heads to "Omegas"

:(

I know, it s*cks -_-

I hate teenagers...and I love harbinger.

If that's not indication of how good I think the book is...I don't know what is. The only other teenage-character series I felt the same about was USM :/

Posted by AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman: That's the first I've heard of it going on hiatus, don't know if your following Eternal Warrior but yesterdays issue felt like a really quick rap-up so I can see it. I don't know why Shadowman is absent from the list but IMO it has become forgettable.

Haven't gotten to the store yet. But yeah, I am very disappointed in Valiant for it being cancelled or whatever.

Online
Posted by CheeseSticks

@fallschirmjager: Valiant says it's the end of volume 1. Maybe we'll get Harbinger 2 somewhere in the futur.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@doomdoomdoom said:

@allstarsuperman: That's the first I've heard of it going on hiatus, don't know if your following Eternal Warrior but yesterdays issue felt like a really quick rap-up so I can see it. I don't know why Shadowman is absent from the list but IMO it has become forgettable.

Haven't gotten to the store yet. But yeah, I am very disappointed in Valiant for it being cancelled or whatever.

It's not exactly their fault if people don't buy it, there was nothing wrong with the quality nor the promotion of the book.

Posted by AllStarSuperman

@jonny_anonymous: they cancelled. Replaced it with rai and other crap IDC about. In a way its their fault. I only by EW and unity so they just lost half my interest.

Online
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@allstarsuperman: You can't keep a comic running on hopes and dreams, it needs to sell to be viable.

Posted by jwalser3

Valiant is such a good company!

Posted by IDontLikeBirds

Quantum and Woody is the only Valiant comic I pick up, but I may get that Archer and Armstong #22 just for the cover. Huge fan of The Clash, and love their London Calling album.

Posted by AllStarSuperman

@jonny_anonymous: And I am not made of money either, if they cancel what I like and replace it with stuff I don't they're losing my business, in an attempt to get more.

Online
Edited by Mucklefluga

Woo, Rai!

Posted by DoomDoomDoom

@allstarsuperman said:

@doomdoomdoom said:

@allstarsuperman: That's the first I've heard of it going on hiatus, don't know if your following Eternal Warrior but yesterdays issue felt like a really quick rap-up so I can see it. I don't know why Shadowman is absent from the list but IMO it has become forgettable.

Haven't gotten to the store yet. But yeah, I am very disappointed in Valiant for it being cancelled or whatever.

It's not exactly their fault if people don't buy it, there was nothing wrong with the quality nor the promotion of the book.

I understand that and I don't blame Valiant. Eternal Warrior I thought had been great so far and I don't expect them to keep putting it out if the demand for it isn't there. I like the majority of what I've read of Milligan's work but I'm not a fan of his Shadowman, so I would say there was something wrong with quality here but I was still giving it a thorough chance to see if it picked up. It appears they've done away with the only two books I read from them for the time being.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@doomdoomdoom said:

@allstarsuperman: That's the first I've heard of it going on hiatus, don't know if your following Eternal Warrior but yesterdays issue felt like a really quick rap-up so I can see it. I don't know why Shadowman is absent from the list but IMO it has become forgettable.

Haven't gotten to the store yet. But yeah, I am very disappointed in Valiant for it being cancelled or whatever.

It's not exactly their fault if people don't buy it, there was nothing wrong with the quality nor the promotion of the book.

I understand that and I don't blame Valiant. Eternal Warrior I thought had been great so far and I don't expect them to keep putting it out if the demand for it isn't there. I like the majority of what I've read of Milligan's work but I'm not a fan of his Shadowman, so I would say there was something wrong with quality here but I was still giving it a thorough chance to see if it picked up. It appears they've done away with the only two books I read from them for the time being.

Well I would say EW going on hold is really more Pak's fault than Valiants since he's writing books at both Marvel and DC.

Posted by DoomDoomDoom

@jonny_anonymous: And that's quite possible, sad that Eternal Warrior was the book that fell to the wayside. Maybe DC and Marvel's checks were a bit larger.

Edited by MadeinBangladesh

Booo Harbinger Ending?? That's one of the few Valiant book i read!!!

Online
Edited by CitizenJP

Hey so how is Harbinger? I was at the comic book store the other day and was looking at my pull-list and was thinking, "Ya know I got alot of DC and Image on here." Which got me thinking about expanding a little bit. I've never really gotten into any Valiant before and so I thought Harbinger looked pretty cool. Any opinions/thoughts? I might pick-up some of the trades if it's worth it.

Posted by CheeseSticks

Hey so how is Harbinger? I was at the comic book store the other day and was looking at my pull-list and was thinking, "Ya know I got alot of DC and Image on here." Which got me thinking about expanding a little bit. I've never really gotten into any Valiant before and so I thought Harbinger looked pretty cool. Any opinions/thoughts? I might pick-up some of the trades if it's worth it.

Harbinger has a 80's X-Men vibe to it. Teenagers with powers being chased down by multiple agency. All this with a mature tone in the book. You should pick it up. Get the Harbinger Wars event, it's one of the best event recently written.

Edited by CitizenJP

@cheesesticks said:

@citizenjp said:

Hey so how is Harbinger? I was at the comic book store the other day and was looking at my pull-list and was thinking, "Ya know I got alot of DC and Image on here." Which got me thinking about expanding a little bit. I've never really gotten into any Valiant before and so I thought Harbinger looked pretty cool. Any opinions/thoughts? I might pick-up some of the trades if it's worth it.

Harbinger has a 80's X-Men vibe to it. Teenagers with powers being chased down by multiple agency. All this with a mature tone in the book. You should pick it up. Get the Harbinger Wars event, it's one of the best event recently written.

Well I'm sold now lol. I've been doing a little research on it since this pos,t but yeah it sounds really cool so tomorrow I'm gonna pick up what I can for sure! Definitely gonna track down some trades. Thanks for the details. :)

Posted by CheeseSticks

@cheesesticks said:

@citizenjp said:

Hey so how is Harbinger? I was at the comic book store the other day and was looking at my pull-list and was thinking, "Ya know I got alot of DC and Image on here." Which got me thinking about expanding a little bit. I've never really gotten into any Valiant before and so I thought Harbinger looked pretty cool. Any opinions/thoughts? I might pick-up some of the trades if it's worth it.

Harbinger has a 80's X-Men vibe to it. Teenagers with powers being chased down by multiple agency. All this with a mature tone in the book. You should pick it up. Get the Harbinger Wars event, it's one of the best event recently written.

Well I'm sold now lol. I've been doing a little research on it since this pos,t but yeah it sounds really cool so tomorrow I'm gonna pick up what I can for sure! Definitely gonna track down some trades. Thanks for the details. :)

You're welcome! I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Posted by mikey776

Harbinger is awesome I hope they make a new volume

Edited by COBRAMORPH

why is ST:Deep Space9 in a crossover with Armor Hunters? Did they go through the wormhole backwards while cloaked when flying upside down on a tuseday after watching JJ's awful reboot movie?