Comic Vine News

276 Comments

[Updated]: Superman/Batman Teaming Up For 2015 Film

Warner Bros. teams up its two most popular characters for a Zack Snyder-directed blockbuster.

This morning, the LA Times Hero Complex broke the news that Warner Bros. has plans for the Caped Crusader to join in for the 2015 sequel to MAN OF STEEL. The Hollywood Reporter chimed in to confirm, and it looks like we're likely to see the team-up, featuring Henry Cavill in a reprisal of his role as Superman, along with a yet-to-be-announced Batman. David Goyer and Zach Snyder are also expected to be attached to this project.

Also rumored to be in development: a FLASH movie for 2016 and the much-awaited JUSTICE LEAGUE film in 2017.

We'll find out more after the Warner Bros./Legendary panel (currently in session!).

Update

The Batman/Superman movie is officially happening!

"Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015."

279 Comments
Posted by TheAcidSkull

......F*CK, YES!

Posted by MaccyD

Flash before Wonder Woman? O_o

Edited by ultimatepunchrod
Posted by Z3RO180

Untill it comes form comic con I'm being sceptical .

Posted by AlKusanagi

"No one liked the new Superman, boss."

"Put Batman in it."

Cha-ching!

Posted by RoTheKid

Hmm....gotta wait for the confirmation on this one. Hope this is true though! :D

Posted by ccraft

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Online
Posted by flazam

YES!!!

Posted by Barkley

@alkusanagi:

I liked it...80 percent of the fans who saw it liked it....every one I know but one person liked it......

Edited by CaptainHoopla

Aw yeah, they'll be having good ole Supes and Bats killin' all kinds of fools gangsta style by then!

Seriously, I kid. No need for harsh replies.

Posted by j4zzm4n88

This feels a bit too soon. We need at least some other Leaguers to have movies first

Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse

I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT

Online
Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse

Someone give me official conformation now!!!

Online
Posted by MrMazz

If is true PLEASE for the love of god pair David Goyer with someone who is actually talented. Someone who can take his story outlines and pulp sensibility and refine them into soemthing not totally stupid. the first half of Man of Steel is itneresting, not all that well executed, but from a overall pulled out view I can understand the appeal. But that clashes so utterly with the later half of the film. Maybe because mixing Batman and Superman together requires going a bit more hard action and a bit less contemplative stoicisim things will turn out better.

Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

This makes more sense than a JL movie

Posted by TheCheeseStabber

If this happens I will eat my Hat.

...

If it doesn't the same result may apply anyway

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@ccraft said:

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

I think this is a really good idea, with Batman and Superman already having met and worked together when the Justice League film rolls around it wont be bogged down by by the Bat/Sups first meet up

Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

@ccraft said:

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

I think this is a really good idea, with Batman and Superman already having met and worked together when the Justice League film rolls around it wont be bogged down by by the Bat/Sups first meet up

But the thing about that is that having Superman and Batman meeting for the first time will get a lot of people to come see it.

Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Also surprised there is no WW.

However, Brad Bird for directing Flash!

Posted by Wattup

The question is...who plays Batman?

I wouldn't mind Joseph Gordon-Levitt for some continuity if Christian Bale refuses to don the cowl again.

Posted by ComiCXYLOTO

Its finally happening!

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@ccraft said:

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

I think this is a really good idea, with Batman and Superman already having met and worked together when the Justice League film rolls around it wont be bogged down by by the Bat/Sups first meet up

But the thing about that is that having Superman and Batman meeting for the first time will get a lot of people to come see it.

It's a JLA film, a lot of pepole will come and see it anyway

Edited by braynehurricane

In Newsarama's report, they state that the Superman/Batman film is independent of a Man of Steel sequel. In other words, we'd be seeing both a Man of Steel 2 and World's Finest. Also says Goyer, Snyder, and Cavill are all onboard for Superman/Batman. That's if this all turns out to be true, anyways.

Edited by TeamUnitedNerds

@wattup said:

The question is...who plays Batman?

I wouldn't mind Joseph Gordon-Levitt for some continuity if Christian Bale refuses to don the cowl again.

They're rebooting Batman from what I've heard

And I would hate him as Batman. He is completely unqualified to play the role

Posted by TeamUnitedNerds

@maccyd said:

Flash before Wonder Woman? O_o

Well, the Flash movie has a much lower chance of sucking in my opinion

Posted by Nahuel

......F*CK, YES!

Same here, but with de missing U!!!!!!!

Edited by Polemicalhero

@alkusanagi: See now you sound stupid. I will say as a big Supes fan I had high hopes for it but really didn't enjoy the film. But there were a lot of people who did and couldn't stop talking about it. Where do you get your sources.

Posted by saoakden

Superman/Batman movie? & it's not animated? It's live-action? Excuse me for a second...

YES, YES, YES, FINALLY A LIVE-ACTION SUPERMAN/BATMAN MOVIE!!!!!!! HELL YEAH, THIS IS AWESOME!!!

*Clears throat* So yeah, Superman/Batman movie, should be great. Flash getting a movie too? Sweet. Justice League in 2017? Cool. To bad Wonder Woman no news for a live action. Be interesting to see. What are they going to with Green Lantern? Use The Green Lantern movie from 2011 or reboot that?

Edited by braynehurricane

@maccyd: I'm also kind of peeved by this. Honestly, I think they should just do a direct translation of Azzarello's New 52 run. I get there's a lot of people that are unhappy with his changes but I didn't care at all about Wondy preboot and now it's my favorite book of the lot and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@ccraft said:

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

I think this is a really good idea, with Batman and Superman already having met and worked together when the Justice League film rolls around it wont be bogged down by by the Bat/Sups first meet up

But the thing about that is that having Superman and Batman meeting for the first time will get a lot of people to come see it.

It's a JLA film, a lot of pepole will come and see it anyway

You don't know that. The general audience might think that its a ripoff of the Avengers.

Posted by ULTRAstarkiller

YES YES YES EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME CHRISTIAN BALE CHRISTIAN BALE CHRISTIAN BALE

Online
Edited by ChillinVillain

How the hell is Batman going to reasonably be put on the same level as the Superman that we saw in the second half of MOS?

Posted by SavageDragon

@saoakden said:

Superman/Batman movie? & it's not animated? It's live-action? Excuse me for a second...

YES, YES, YES, FINALLY A LIVE-ACTION SUPERMAN/BATMAN MOVIE!!!!!!! HELL YEAH, THIS IS AWESOME!!!

*Clears throat* So yeah, Superman/Batman movie, should be great. Flash getting a movie too? Sweet. Justice League in 2017? Cool. To bad Wonder Woman no news for a live action. Be interesting to see. What are they going to with Green Lantern? Use The Green Lantern movie from 2011 or reboot that?

Agreed.

Edited by Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@ccraft said:

If this is true, he only needs to make a cameo, not a team up.

I think this is a really good idea, with Batman and Superman already having met and worked together when the Justice League film rolls around it wont be bogged down by by the Bat/Sups first meet up

But the thing about that is that having Superman and Batman meeting for the first time will get a lot of people to come see it.

It's a JLA film, a lot of pepole will come and see it anyway

You don't know that. The general audience might think that its a ripoff of the Avengers.

It has Batman and Superman in it, pepole will come regardless

Posted by SandMan_

They just killed it for me with the Frank Miller Bullsh!t.

Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse

It's official. They just announced it.

Online
Posted by longbowhunter
Posted by LaserLambert

There is no justice...

Posted by SandMan_

"No one liked the new Superman, boss."

"Put Batman in it."

Cha-ching!

Speak for yourself.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@sandman_: Why? They even went out of there way to say they wouldn't be adapting it

Posted by Mia26

It's official ..... Superman/Batman movie will be out by 2015.

Posted by TheGreyOutcastX

In Newsarama's report, they state that the Superman/Batman film is independent of a Man of Steel sequel. In other words, we'd be seeing both a Man of Steel 2 and World's Finest. Also says Goyer, Snyder, and Cavill are all onboard for Superman/Batman. That's if this all turns out to be true, anyways.

Well with the confirmation of World's Finest (or what ever they choose to call it), I do hope that this is the case.There needs to be a Man of Steel 2. And with the Bats and Supes in a movie, maybe we'll get to forgo the whole rehashing Bats origin and just get to straight to the core of the character.

Posted by AllStarSuperman

Awesome but I am worried about power levels.

Online
Posted by Mia26

@sandman_ said:

They just killed it for me with the Frank Miller Bullsh!t.

Same here, I hope and pray to God that they use nothing from Frank Miller piece of shit The Dark Knight Returns aka Look how much of a badass I am. Can we just do this right way and have them as the world's finest, you know beating the crap out of bad guys instead of each other, Frank Miller's "Superman" if you can even call him that was NOT Superman, I think any sane comic book reader can agree on that.

Edited by Justthatkid

@maccyd said:

Flash before Wonder Woman? O_o

Sounds messed up. I really think a wonder woman movie would be easier.

Posted by lifeboy

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Wondy has a cw show coming out. This should be better that a movie for her and us! Week after week of seeing a hot sweaty woman in a 2 piece bikini! Uh, Yess Please :b

Posted by Justthatkid

@sandman_ said:

They just killed it for me with the Frank Miller Bullsh!t.

Frank Millers Batman movie was a fanboy movie, They took down superman after he got nuked in the face, and they used a sprinkle of green fairy dust to take him down, Frank Miller must not know about Metallo.

Posted by flameboy298

@maccyd: I'd rather see Flash then WW.