Comic Vine News

530 Comments

Storm Joins the Avengers

The mutant goddess is finally becoming one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

More news from New York Comic Con. Despite Storm agreeing to side with Cyclops after X-Men: Schism, it looks like she's joining the Avengers.

Starting in January's Avenger #19, written by Brian Michael Bendis and art by Daniel Acuña, the mutant goddess will have to juggle her time between the X-Men and Avengers. When will she find time to spend with her husband? Actually, when was the last time they actually spent any time together?

530 Comments
Posted by War Killer
@sora_thekey said:

I dropped Avengers some time ago... I don't know what to think about this.

This....
Edited by butterflykyss

@Vance Astro: Yes I have heard about Bendis being worse than Fraction, but the fact she is an Avenger is still exciting and noteworthy for now. Everything else will be assessed when the issues are released.

Posted by super_psycho

@Vance Astro said:

Before you all get excited remember that Brian Michael Bendis is writing this.

lol

Posted by pijuyo

Another character with omnipresence, just what we needed. Now she's in the Xmen, with Tchalla and with the Avengers, bleh.

Posted by goldenkey

Is she going to have an accent in this book, or we she lose it like she did in X2?

Posted by goldenkey

@sora_thekey:

that was mistake. Bendis does great on Avengers, even if the Mighty Avengers was crap the new books are worth reading.

Posted by horshbox

One think I'm wondering about this cover is that Vision is in the background and seems to be a member of the team. I wonder is this the Vision from Young Avengers or is the old one coming back. I really hope the orginal is coming back, will just have to wait and see.

Posted by weaponmaster

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

@horshbox said:

One think I'm wondering about this cover is that Vision is in the background and seems to be a member of the team. I wonder is this the Vision from Young Avengers or is the old one coming back. I really hope the orginal is coming back, will just have to wait and see.

its the young avengers one. see the design difference between him and the original

Avengers #18

@weaponmaster said:

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

it is a news article. its just in the forums as well.

Edited by weaponmaster

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

it is a news article. its just in the forums as well.

No. It is a forum thread with 2 sentences.

I found the actual news article.Not many more sentences than this thread. Such big news deserved more. Sub-par to be sure.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/

Posted by DMC

Hmm, don't know what to think. At first I was thinking "geez another x-man, at this rate EVERYONE is gonna be an Avenger.

But after a few seconds of thought I could be okay with this. Storm is one of if not THE biggest and most well known female superhero character Marvel has and if anything the Avengers (especially the adjective-less team) should have all of Marvel's big stars.....well not all of them, just the ones that fit.

Deadpool for example should never be an Avenger.

Posted by butterflykyss

@DMC said:

Hmm, don't know what to think. At first I was thinking "geez another x-man, at this rate EVERYONE is gonna be an Avenger.

But after a few seconds of thought I could be okay with this. Storm is one of if not THE biggest and most well known female superhero character Marvel has and if anything the Avengers (especially the adjective-less team) should have all of Marvel's big stars.....well not all of them, just the ones that fit.

Deadpool for example should never be an Avenger.

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

@weaponmaster said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

it is a news article. its just in the forums as well.

No. It is a forum thread with 2 sentences.

I found the actual news article.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/.

like a said. forum version and article version. this is nothing new. if this proves to difficult for you, than go to storms wiki page and you'll see the one with the word NEWS next to it which will send you directly to the News Article.

Posted by HexThis

Cazawazawaaaaa?!!?!

This is awesome. Finally Storm will get to have some fun rather than being inhibited by the likes of Cyclops or Black Panther, hopefully she'll ditch 'em both when she joins the Avengers.

Better be scared, Tony! She can disarm you with one lightening strike!

Posted by KainScion

hhmmmm. maybe she's a replacement for thor?

Posted by webofthornns

Of all the X-Men she's the one I thought should be an Avenger, long time coming

Posted by daredevil21134

@HexThis said:

Cazawazawaaaaa?!!?!

This is awesome. Finally Storm will get to have some fun rather than being inhibited by the likes of Cyclops or Black Panther, hopefully she'll ditch 'em both when she joins the Avengers.

Better be scared, Tony! She can disarm you with one lightening strike!

I pretty sure Tony wants her around lol

Posted by weaponmaster

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

it is a news article. its just in the forums as well.

No. It is a forum thread with 2 sentences.

I found the actual news article.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/.

like a said. forum version and article version. this is nothing new. if this proves to difficult for you, than go to storms wiki page and you'll see the one with the word NEWS next to it which will send you directly to the News Article.

Yeah. Read more carefully. I found the article prior to this and posted it in my edited reply. That is a news article. This is a forum thread. I of course mean that in the sense that this forum is not in the news section of the page hence the differentiation on my part concerning this being a forum thread and not a news article as per comicvine categorizations. You, of course, are seeking to argue minutia concerning the strict dictionary definition instead of the context of my statement. You seem to have difficulty understanding context and/or are simply trolling. You should rectify one or the other or both. If this proves difficult for you to comprehend then you may be beyond reasoning with.

It is spelled THEN go, not THAN go. I did, however, understand the context of what you stated irregardless of your poor spelling.

/exits impending, nonproductive, circular conversation.

Good luck to you.

Posted by GundamHeavyarms

@butterflykyss: Bendis's writing style is full of quips and snark, everyone he writes has that voice. It works best with his original work and ultimate spider-man. Its similar to Whedon's buffy-speak. Real people don't talk like that. Its nice that Storm is in the limelight, but Bendis's 616 work falls flat.

Edited by lykopis

@HexThis said:

Cazawazawaaaaa?!!?!

This is awesome. Finally Storm will get to have some fun rather than being inhibited by the likes of Cyclops or Black Panther, hopefully she'll ditch 'em both when she joins the Avengers.

Better be scared, Tony! She can disarm you with one lightening strike!

Alas, the Black Panther is still in the Avengers. Could be the writer's way of figuring out the logistics of their marriage (but then again, Scott is WAY out in San Francisco...) Maybe this will explain the Astonishing cover with Cyclops and *gasp* maybe the mohawk look she was sporting. I'm beginning to look forward to this. Maybe this is the beginning of big changes for Ororo. One can hope. ;)

Posted by Chaos Burn

ffs... everyones been an avenger now

Posted by shawn87

That's pretty cool

Posted by Wattup

@Vance Astro said:

I don't have a problem with this because she was already an Avenger in the "Marvel Adventures" Avengers.

I loved that book! 8 )

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

@weaponmaster said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@weaponmaster said:

Seems like this should have been a news article instead of a forum topic with two sentences.

it is a news article. its just in the forums as well.

No. It is a forum thread with 2 sentences.

I found the actual news article.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/

http://www.comicvine.com/news/storm-joins-the-avengers/143723/.

like a said. forum version and article version. this is nothing new. if this proves to difficult for you, than go to storms wiki page and you'll see the one with the word NEWS next to it which will send you directly to the News Article.

Yeah. Read more carefully. I found the article prior to this and posted it in my edited reply. That is a news article. This is a forum thread. I of course mean that in the sense that this forum is not in the news section of the page hence the differentiation on my part concerning this being a forum thread and not a news article as per comicvine categorizations. You, of course, are seeking to argue minutia concerning the strict dictionary definition instead of the context of my statement. You seem to have difficulty understanding context and/or are simply trolling. You should rectify one or the other or both. If this proves difficult for you to comprehend then you may be beyond reasoning with.

It is spelled THEN go, not THAN go. I did, however, understand the context of what you stated irregardless of your poor spelling.

/exits impending, nonproductive, circular conversation.

Good luck to you.

wow. I really stepped in it. My apologies.

Posted by IronHerc

Another new member on the team eh? well that's all nice and good (except with the fact that she joined that idiot cyclops) but I still wonder if the Red Hulk is on the team (I haven't seen him on any of the covers or art post fear itself)

Posted by buttersdaman000

Noice!

Posted by The_Martian

@butterflykyss said:

@Nobody: I have heard that Bendis is horrible, but I will hold my thoughts until I read the issues. That said, regardless of Bendis, I think its great for Storm and her RAINDROPS she is a confirmed new Avenger. I will be buying can't wait!

I was excited when two of my favorite characters made the Avengers. Bendis's writing has made me drop the book even with them included on the roster.

Posted by InnerVenom123

Sigh.

Posted by butterflykyss

@Nobody: Really?? I pray to the BRIGHT LADY this is not the case for Storm... That would really suck lol

Posted by The_Martian

@butterflykyss: Really. I have read Bendis's crap from the beginning of the New Avengers to the Heroic Age. Each new line-up he focuses on one maybe two characters and the rest are just background characters who don't do crap. If Bendis knows nothing about a character, instead of reseaching, he will write them anyway he wants and ignores all their past history from powers to personality.

Posted by daredevil21134

@Nobody said:

@butterflykyss: Really. I have read Bendis's crap from the beginning of the New Avengers to the Heroic Age. Each new line-up he focuses on one maybe two characters and the rest are just background characters who don't do crap. If Bendis knows nothing about a character, instead of reseaching, he will write them anyway he wants and ignores all their past history from powers to personality.

I hope he does something good with Daredevil being there

Posted by butterflykyss

@Nobody: oh... gosh, i really hope that is not the case.. in regards to storm at least

@daredevil21134: DD is on the team as well??? Nice!! do you know the list of all those who will be on the main avengers team???

Posted by NightwalkerRevan

Never really got into the Avengers, some of the individual characters like Thor and now Spidey, but not the group. However with two of my favourite x-men now on it I might take a look. Wonder if it will take Schism into account, and if Logan and Ororo will still be cool with each other on it?

However the stuff about Bendis writing doesn't sound encouraging so I'll probably just look it over and leave it like I usually do.

Posted by The_Martian

@butterflykyss: Daredevil is a New Avenger.

Posted by Omega Ray Jay

I'm amazed its taken this long.

Posted by daredevil21134

@butterflykyss said:

@Nobody: oh... gosh, i really hope that is not the case.. in regards to storm at least

@daredevil21134: DD is on the team as well??? Nice!! do you know the list of all those who will be on the main avengers team???

DD is on New Avengers.The new main roster of Avemgers has Spiderman Iron man Captain America Vision Hawkeye Spider Woman Ms Marvel Black Panther and Protector.And now Storm

Posted by Or35ti

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I am actually okay with this....the X-Men need to start socializing a bit more, and Storm, in my opinion, hasn't fit in with the current direction of X-Men for a while now. It's time she moves on.

Well said. It's time for Storm to shine, especially when a lot of the other major X-Men are or have been on other teams before. Actually I forgot she was on Fantastic Four with her hubbie, but that was a while ago :P Still, interesting news

Posted by daredevil21134

@Nobody said:

@butterflykyss: Daredevil is a New Avenger.

He just joined in 16 I believe

Posted by butterflykyss

@Or35ti said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I am actually okay with this....the X-Men need to start socializing a bit more, and Storm, in my opinion, hasn't fit in with the current direction of X-Men for a while now. It's time she moves on.

Well said. It's time for Storm to shine, especially when a lot of the other major X-Men are or have been on other teams before. Actually I forgot she was on Fantastic Four with her hubbie, but that was a while ago :P Still, interesting news

Posted by butterflykyss

@daredevil21134: @Nobody: Oh thanks guys!! :)

Posted by daredevil21134

@butterflykyss said:

@daredevil21134: @Nobody: Oh thanks guys!! :)

You are welcome young Raindrop

Posted by maxicere

That's innecesary.....

Posted by butterflykyss

@daredevil21134: AWWWWW,,, thanks ... :)

Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus

Wow, how many more X-Mutants will joi n the Avengers? I know of Hank and Logan and apparently Ororo now. Not that that's a bad thing of course! The more the merrier!

Posted by Mutant God

maybe she will be a liaison for Scott's team

Posted by moywar700

As much as I like storm, this is a awful idea.

She venture between Africa, asteroid m, and avengers head quarters.

She's pretty much everywhere....

Posted by zombietag
Actually, when was the last time they actually spent any time together?

my thoughts exactly.

Posted by JonesDeini

Well not like she was doing anything of note on Utopia for the past 4/5 years anyways. Acuna on art and Storm on the team does intrigue me, unfortunately Bendis hasn't written jack worth reading to me in years.

Posted by They Killed Cap!

Why does it feel like the Avengers have become a dumping ground for X-men they arn't sure what to do with...

Posted by The Stegman

Does she even HAVE a marriage anymore??