Star Trek Into Darkness opens in theaters on May 17, 2013. During the Big Game, a new TV spot was revealed. It turns out those that already downloaded the free Star Trek app were able to gain access to early showtimes of the film, beginning May 15th as well as an extended version of the TV spot.
The app is available from the App Store and Google Play. Users will gain access to all Star Trek content as well as get the opportunity to participate in missions and win valuable prizes. You can unlock additional content and experiences by using the app. Doing so allows you to collect points, see more content and work your way through Star Trek Academy.
Other highlights from the app include:
· A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
· An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” content on TV and other media;
· An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
· New “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS” content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users’ mobile devices;
· Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users.
To download the app, visit www.StarTrekMovie.com/StarTrekApp