Comic Vine News

101 Comments

Spider-Men Hits Stores in June

A teaser image to an upcoming story arc for Spider-Man

Marvel released this image today for an upcoming Spider-Man arc which will hit stores in June:

This June - history will be made for the Marvel Universe.
SPIDER-MEN #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art by SARA PICHELLI
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
ON SALE THIS JUNE!

What do you guys think this is? Will Spider-Man face off against Scarlet Spider? Are we going to see more clones? Could Ultimate Spider-Man and 616 Spider-Man face off? We'll find out this June!

101 Comments
  • 101 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by WildStyle

Let the whining and moaning commence.

Posted by Tmul501

I can't tell if this is 616 or 1610 now. Whatever it is, I'm interested!

Posted by Video_Martian

NO to Bendis...

Posted by noj

PLEASE let this be the return of Ultimate Peter Parker!!! Miles Morales is alright but he is NO Peter Parker.

Posted by badaboop

Judging by the creative team, I think it's a safe bet that it takes place in the Ultimate universe. But that's impossible to confirm right now soooooooooooooooooooo MORE WAITING WOOOO

Posted by mbueti

Between the first teaser having half of the new Ultimate logo, and Bendis and Pichelli as the creative team, I'd say it has to to with Miles Morales.

Along with that, we have Marvel teasing for months that "2012 promises to be the END of Spider-Man", along with the fact that this will be right on the heels of "Ends of the Earth". I'd say that all together puts the smart money on something involving both 616 and Ultimate Spideys. Could be interesting, I'll only whine and moan if this signals the end of Slott's Amazing run.

Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee

I'm torn between the confrontation between 616 Parker and 1610 Miles AND the return of Peter Parker in UC:SM

Most likely that neither will happen but one can dream :\

Posted by sora_thekey

@Tmul501 said:

I can't tell if this is 616 or 1610 now. Whatever it is, I'm interested!

It's most likely Ultimate Universe because it involves Bendis and Pichelli.

I wonder if this will be some kind of legacy story between Peter Parker and Miles Morales.

Moderator
Posted by Billy Batson

Peter coming back?
BB

Posted by Aeroman

@WildStyle: agreed

Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee

@sora_thekey said:

@Tmul501 said:

I can't tell if this is 616 or 1610 now. Whatever it is, I'm interested!

It's most likely Ultimate Universe because it involves Bendis and Pichelli.

I wonder if this will be some kind of legacy story between Peter Parker and Miles Morales.

You probably nailed it on the head.

Edited by Superdork

From Newsarama: Marvel has established that Spider-Men will be its own series, rather than an arc in an existing title. Given the involvement of Bendis and Pichelli, it seems like a relatively sure bet that the story will involve Miles Morales, but as to who the other Spider-Man might be — Peter Parker from the mainstream Marvel Universe, the Ultimate Universe Peter Parker back from a dead, or something entirely different — remains to be revealed.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/spider-men-bendis-pichelli.html

Posted by ReVamp

@mr.obvious said:

NO to Bendis...

He's doing a fine job on the Ultimate Universe to be fair.

Edited by WildStyle

I hope Peter isn't coming back. As much as I liked Ultimate Peter Parker, Marvel has a good thing with Miles right now. That would cannibalize any type of momentum his character has at the moment. I would like to see a crossover between the regular Peter Parker and Miles though.

Posted by aaunderoath

maybe the Ultimate universe will get it's own scarlet spider

Edited by sora_thekey

The strange thing is that this new series is adjective-less. Rather than being called Ultimate Comics Spider-Men or Ultimate Spider-Men, it will just be Spider-Men.

Which could suggest that Ultimate Universe's Miles Morales might meet Marvel Universe's Peter Parker.

Moderator
Posted by zackattack529

@noj said:

PLEASE let this be the return of Ultimate Peter Parker!!! Miles Morales is alright but he is NO Peter Parker.

hes only had 8 issues? haha give'em more of a chance than that.

Edited by feargalr

I really hope Peter Parker isn't back in the ultimates... I wanna see Miles grow as his own hero, I wouldn't be opposed to a cross over with 616, but I wouldn't say Id be excited about it... that said I'll give it a chance.

Ultimate Spider man is real good, I think Miles a lot more interesting than Peter Parker. Miles has to live up to this legend which creates a whole new dynamic for his character that I really enjoy. I don't get the hate.. and all the power to Bendis, he's writing 976 different monthly on going series's... Not everyone can do that

Posted by Decept-O

My clone sleeps alone.

Posted by Duo_forbidden

Since it's being called Spider-Men, I take it that Jessica Drew will get no love lol.

Still, I'm interested in where this will go.

Posted by JPWolf5

@noj: Agreed, it just isn't Spider unless Parker is under the mask

Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt

Please be Ultimate Universe............I don't want Bendis touching mainstream Pete.....

Posted by Video_Martian

@ReVamp said:

@mr.obvious said:

NO to Bendis...

He's doing a fine job on the Ultimate Universe to be fair.

Yeah, but his 616 stuff recently...

Posted by Samimista

@sora_thekey said:

The strange thing is that this new series is adjective-less. Rather than being called Ultimate Comics Spider-Men or Ultimate Spider-Men, it will just be Spider-Men.

Which could suggest that Ultimate Universe's Miles Morales might meet Marvel Universe's Peter Parker.

This is what I think as well.

Posted by kennybaese

I feel like it's going to be a crossover between 616 and Ultimate, but that's just me. I really hope they don't bring Ultimate Parker back. I've always loved Marvel keeping Ultimate characters dead, even characters like Logan and Xavier, so them bring Parker back would be a huge bummer. For me, anyway.

Posted by Deranged Midget

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Please be Ultimate Universe............I don't want Bendis touching mainstream Pete.....
Moderator
Posted by fACEmelter88

The more Spiders the better but hopefully Slott isn't leaving his Spider book.

Posted by ReVamp

@mr.obvious said:

@ReVamp said:

@mr.obvious said:

NO to Bendis...

He's doing a fine job on the Ultimate Universe to be fair.

Yeah, but his 616 stuff recently...

...

*Throws up*

Posted by Video_Martian

@ReVamp said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ReVamp said:

@mr.obvious said:

NO to Bendis...

He's doing a fine job on the Ultimate Universe to be fair.

Yeah, but his 616 stuff recently...

...

*Throws up*

My exact same reaction...

Posted by ArtisticNeedham

I can see, like Batman did, Spider-Man understands that to accomplish his goals (recently he said "No One Dies" under his protection) that he will need more than just him and some high tech suits. So I can see him trying to organize something with him and Scarlet Spider, maybe Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl too, maybe even involve Madam Web.

but if this is for Ultimate Spider-Man then I can see it being more clones or something, the experiment that created Ultimate Spider-Man and then later creating Ultimate Spider-Man 2, could create many more. Duplicated, to maybe show the new Ultimate Spider-Man that it takes more than just having the powers to be a true hero, a true Spider-Man.

Posted by TheGoldenOne
@ArtisticNeedham said:

I can see, like Batman did, Spider-Man understands that to accomplish his goals (recently he said "No One Dies" under his protection) that he will need more than just him and some high tech suits. So I can see him trying to organize something with him and Scarlet Spider, maybe Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl too, maybe even involve Madam Web.

but if this is for Ultimate Spider-Man then I can see it being more clones or something, the experiment that created Ultimate Spider-Man and then later creating Ultimate Spider-Man 2, could create many more. Duplicated, to maybe show the new Ultimate Spider-Man that it takes more than just having the powers to be a true hero, a true Spider-Man.

Spidey Inc? I hope not -__-
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous
@ReVamp said:

@mr.obvious said:

NO to Bendis...

He's doing a fine job on the Ultimate Universe to be fair.

As grudgingly as I am about saying it, he's right.
Posted by n25philly

Well, this is Marvel we are talking about here, so it's likely Wolverine in a Spiderman costume.

Posted by ReVamp

@mr.obvious: I'm the first one to hate on his Freackin' 616 work.

Posted by TheGreyOutcastX

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Please be Ultimate Universe............I don't want Bendis touching mainstream Pete.....

For the love of all that's Excelsior, please be this!

Posted by GundamHeavyarms

@ReVamp: Bendis's strengths come through when he has his own continuity to muck with. That's why Ultimate Spider Man and his other Creator owned work has gotten such rave reviews and his 616 work is so bad.

He writes 616 peter and Ultimate peter the exact same way. If "Spider-Men" does involve 616 Peter and Miles together, then he gets to write Peter Parker without reviving the ultimate version. Ugh, at least we still have Slott, thank god.

Posted by Trodorne

Not interested

Posted by ReVamp

@GundamHeavyarms said:

@ReVamp: Bendis's strengths come through when he has his own continuity to muck with. That's why Ultimate Spider Man and his other Creator owned work has gotten such rave reviews and his 616 work is so bad.

He writes 616 peter and Ultimate peter the exact same way. If "Spider-Men" does involve 616 Peter and Miles together, then he gets to write Peter Parker without reviving the ultimate version. Ugh, at least we still have Slott, thank god.

616 probably won't be in it, since Slott isn't writing anything here.

Posted by Lvenger

Since Bendis is writing it, I'm guessing it could be set in the Ultimate Universe. As such, it stands to reason that Peter Parker is being brought back to life. Does death not have any meaning anymore?

Posted by Kavahaden

This should be interesting

Posted by ivolution2k1

miles hasnt really done anything so we cant judge him but then again having peter around to show him the ropes wont be so bad, i am a lil interested. be it kaine and peter or peter and miles i am checking it out

Posted by Mega_spidey01

i hope they keep miles morales around. can't wait to read the story.

Posted by TheGreyOutcastX
Posted by ArtisticNeedham

@TheGoldenOne said:

@ArtisticNeedham said:

I can see, like Batman did, Spider-Man understands that to accomplish his goals (recently he said "No One Dies" under his protection) that he will need more than just him and some high tech suits. So I can see him trying to organize something with him and Scarlet Spider, maybe Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl too, maybe even involve Madam Web.

but if this is for Ultimate Spider-Man then I can see it being more clones or something, the experiment that created Ultimate Spider-Man and then later creating Ultimate Spider-Man 2, could create many more. Duplicated, to maybe show the new Ultimate Spider-Man that it takes more than just having the powers to be a true hero, a true Spider-Man.

Spidey Inc? I hope not -__-

Well Marvel wouldn't copy them exactly, but I could see Spidey trying to organize something. Seems like a natural progression.

I'm going to be a hero, then trying to save everyone and not let anyone die, and realizing that you can't do it alone and you need a team.

Posted by TheGoldenOne
@ArtisticNeedham said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@ArtisticNeedham said:

I can see, like Batman did, Spider-Man understands that to accomplish his goals (recently he said "No One Dies" under his protection) that he will need more than just him and some high tech suits. So I can see him trying to organize something with him and Scarlet Spider, maybe Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl too, maybe even involve Madam Web.

but if this is for Ultimate Spider-Man then I can see it being more clones or something, the experiment that created Ultimate Spider-Man and then later creating Ultimate Spider-Man 2, could create many more. Duplicated, to maybe show the new Ultimate Spider-Man that it takes more than just having the powers to be a true hero, a true Spider-Man.

Spidey Inc? I hope not -__-

Well Marvel wouldn't copy them exactly, but I could see Spidey trying to organize something. Seems like a natural progression.

I'm going to be a hero, then trying to save everyone and not let anyone die, and realizing that you can't do it alone and you need a team.

He has a team. The New Avengers.
Posted by KidSupreme

I can't wait to read this

Posted by Or35ti

I hope Ultimate Peter Parker doesn't return. That makes his death less impactful, and heroes in the Ultimate Universe who die should stay death to make it a more realistic universe. I'm all up for 616 Peter reality hopping over to Miles' universe or vice versa :)

Posted by mewmdude77

@WildStyle said:

I hope Peter isn't coming back. As much as I liked Ultimate Peter Parker, Marvel has a good thing with Miles right now. That would cannibalize any type of momentum his character has at the moment. I would like to see a crossover between the regular Peter Parker and Miles though.

^ this right here! Seriously, people need to give Miles more of a chance. Plus, if they bring Ultimate Peter back, that would ruin how death has more of a staying power in the Ultimate universe. Lots of the dead in Ultimate stay dead, keep it that way

Posted by Wolverine97

Bendis. Definitely going to be Ultimate Spidey.

Posted by TheGreyOutcastX

It's more like they don't want Bendis to screw with what Slott has going with 616 Spidey more than he has done with the various Avengers books, and given Bendis's track record in the 616....they have rights to be concerned.

  • 101 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3