Spider-Man is our very first 'Character of the Month' and, as part of the celebration, we'll have weekly battles involving the characters that play a big role in his life! First up, we have former bully turned symbiote host Flash Thompson facing-off against the original Green Goblin, Norman Osborn. Will Agent Venom's impressive physicals put Norman back in the hospital or will the Goblin's wit and dangerous equipment allow him to take down the competition? After you've read the rules (seriously, don't be lazy and gloss over them!), click the following link to leap into the debate and vote!
- Combatants are in character (aka morals apply for both).
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 80 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Both characters have their standard gear.
- For simplicity's sake, let's say the match begins with Flash in control of the symbiote and he'll attempt to keep control as the fight progresses.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future "Spider-Man Battle of the Week" suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Spidey? Well, he's the topic of our latest 'Question of the Week' and we encourage you to make Spider-Man threads in the forums!