RELIVE SOME OF THE MOST TITANIC SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ADVENTURES FROM SONIC SUPER SPECIALS WITH THE SONIC SELECT SERIES!
In 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Almost 200 issues later, "the blue blur" can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes! Now you can travel back in time to some of Sonic’s most exciting adventures from hard-to-find oversized specials in SONIC SELECT, a thrilling series of upscale reprints that lets you revisit Sonic’s exploits in a premium yet affordable format. These special 6 x 9 inch editions contain 128 action-packed pages, faithfully re-colored and printed on superior stock, all for only $11.95 US!ISBN #: 978-1-879794-36-5
In SONIC SELECT #2, fans will thrill to these classic tales from the specials, “Knuckles Chaotix,” “Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles,” “Mecha Madness” and “Sonic Live!”:
• “The Chaos Effect”: It’s the origin of the Chaotix from the now hard-to-find Sega 32x “Knuckles’ Chaotix” game! Can they rescue the Freedom Fighters from Robotnik’s bogus “amusement park” that’s anything but amusing?
• “Tag! You’re it!”: A friendly game of tag leads Espio to a discovery that could change Knuckles and everyone else’s lives forever!
• “The Hunt is On”: One by one the Chaotix are being kidnapped, and it’s up to Knuckles to find the culprits and rescue his friends!
• “Crash of the Titans”: A mass of Chaos Emeralds is discovered, and both Sonic and Knuckles are finding them and powering up. What will happen when next these now-hyper-powered titans meet? Better run for cover!
• “Fathers & Sons”: As Knuckles attempts to solve the disappearance of the Chaotix, he digs deep into his memory as a Guardian-in-training. As he searches his past, he learns more about his future than he expected!
• “Mecha Madness”: Robotnik’s dream has come true, but it’s a nightmare for everyone else: Sonic is finally robotocized and he’s tearing about Knothole Village! Can the Freedom Fighters survive this seeming betrayal?
• “Don’t Let the Island Hit You on the Way Down”: The eternal elephant Mammoth Mogul and his “Fearsome Foursome” wreck havoc on the Floating Island!
• “Knuckles Quest Part 2”: In a thrilling tale continued from SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #42, Knuckles resumes his search for the mystical Sword of Acorns… but can he survive the deadly beasts he’ll meet along the way?
Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper-so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt crusader as he saves Knothole Village! So what are you waiting for? Put on your favorite pair of sneakers, grab a chilidog, start reading these thrilling collections and let the excitement begin!
SONIC SELECT VOLUME #2
THE NEW SERIES OF SONIC COLLECTIONS FEATURING CLASSIC TALES FROM SONIC SUPER SPECIALS CONTINUES!
Following in the smashing success of the Sonic Archives series, Archie continues the proud tradition of reprints with Sonic Select! These fully restored and re-mastered 6x9 inch graphic novels feature the best stories taken from the original Sonic Super Specials! Volume 2 presents stories from such classic specials as "Knuckles' Chaotix," "Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles," "Mecha Madness," and "Sonic Live!" Now these hard-to-find stories are conveniently collected in this handsome volume, allowing fans from today and yesterday to add to their stash of Sonic comics, or start a whole new collection! Join the fun and become part of the Archie-Sonic history!
SCRIPTS: Mike Gallagher, Ken Penders, Kent Taylor and Mike Kanterovich.
ART: Art Mawhinney, Patrick Spaziante, Ken Penders, Harvey Mercadoocasio and Rich Koslowski.
Super-terrific cover by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante!
Shipping Date: November 12th, 2008
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: November 19th, 2008
On Sale on Newsstands: December 2nd, 2008
128-page, full color graphic novel