I am hoping they look back at what worked and what didn't work. I'm sure we can all agree that too many villains is a bad thing. One villain should be enough. It may be hard to focus an entire movie around a single villain but that just means that the writer will have to work a tiny bit harder.
The other thing to think about is the merchandise angle. The flashier the villain and the more there are, the more toys, clothing and bedsheets can be sold. With the rumor of Michael Fassbender being considered and looking at Spider-Man's true classic villains, let's see who could work as the single villain.
== TEASER ==
- Green Goblin - Spidey's true nemesis. He found out his identity and killed Gwen Stacy. But he's been done already. I feel if they're going to reboot, show us something we haven't already seen.
- Lizard - he's a character we've been waiting to see ever since Dylan Baker was cast in the original movies as Dr. Curt Connors. I'm not sure if a giant green lizard would work or be enough to be the single villain.
- Kraven the Hunter - I think he could work but would a big game hunter be too cheesy in a movie?
- Chameleon - Spidey's first villain (besides the Burglar). He'd be easy to do in a movie but he's more of a supporting villain, not the one and only villain in a movie. Maybe if Kraven was involved they could play the half brother angle.
- Electro - I'd love to see Electro. I'd love to see the yellow and green costume. I don't think that'd happen.
- Mysterio - Again, another villain I've been dying to see on the big screen. He could be believable.
- Rhino - A big dude dressed as a rhino...I don't know if that'd go over well.
- Doc Ock - We've already seen him. I want someone new.
- Sandman - Again, he's already been used. Sorry.
- Vulture - We know that John Malkovich was being considered. And old guy with wings could be risky. I don't see him as enough to be the single villain.
- Scorpion - Mac Gargan before he became Venom? That could be interesting. I'm sure they could make the suit work on the big screen.
- Hydro-Man - He could be interesting special FX-wise but I don't know if he's compelling enough as the lead villain.
- Morbius - Vampires on the big screen. I think that might have been done elsewhere. Let's not think about it right now.
Those are the big Spidey villains. Yes there are other villains but going with the main classic ones and the fact that Michael Fassbender was maybe being considered, I might be leaning towards Kraven the Hunter. It's never been said there'd be only one villain. That was just my hope. Perhaps a Kraven/Chameleon team-up could work (like when Kraven was first introduced). There's been some rumblings about the Lizard but I don't think I'd want to see him. At least not yet. My vote goes to Kraven with Mysterio, Electro and Scorpion following close behind. Just not all at once.
Who do you think the villain will be? Who do you think is a strong enough character to be the villain?