Comic Vine News

33 Comments

Megan Fox Wants A Fathom Movie, Even If She Doesn't Star

And what about Red Sonja?

  Fan art pin-up using Fox's likeness for Fathom.

I think it’s safe to say that Megan Fox is the biggest fan of Aspen’s FATHOM out there. The project’s still in the scripting stage, but she's been talking about her love of the character and her strong desire to see a FATHOM movie made at press junkets and interviews for more than a year. The latest of such statements comes from an interview she recently did with MTV to promote JONAH HEX. We’ve got the video below, but here’s a transcript for those who can’t watch it.

"[The FATHOM movie’s] going to happen even if I have to step away from it and give it to someone else… They're still working on the script and getting that together. [It’s] in the early fetal pre-production stages… [But] that movie will happen, just because I love it and it needs to happen."

Now that she won’t be returning for the third TRANSFORMERS movie, MTV also asked if she’s still in talks to star as RED SONJA as well. Back in April, rumors actually surfaced that Fox might starring as the she-devil with a sword since Rose McGowan was no longer attached for the character’s big screen revival. Turns out that’s actually news to her (judging by her reaction in this video) so I guess fans’ guesses about RED SONJA are as good as anybody’s, now. == TEASER ==

For those of you unfamiliar with FATHOM, the title debuted in 1998 - - it was the late Michael Turner’s first creator-owned book. It’s about Aspen Matthews, a disgraced Olympic swimmer turned marine biologist who discovers that, due to her mysterious heritage with the aquatic Blue race, she has the power to both control and turn into water. After getting involved in some international intrigue with an underwater science facility called Deep Marine Discovery, she seeks out the Blue in their own kingdom to find answers about her past.

Anyway, you can hear all of this from Megan herself below… 

  

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is available  here and UNIMAGINABLE is available here for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

33 Comments
Posted by Preacherl2k

Fox- uggh maybe she will "step away" PLZ!

Posted by RiceFox

It needs to happen, because she loves it? Why can't someone shut her up.

Posted by Namor1987

Lol I want this movie to happen just as long as she's not involved in it in any way, shape or fashion

Posted by Silkcuts

She was friends with Turner and it would surprise me if she was the one he wanted to be Aspen.

Posted by Gylan Thomas

Not a lot of love for Meghan? :(
Don't wanna sound mean put that makes me smile :D
She sure does annoy me.
Not even sure why. Combination of things probably.

Posted by Kid_Zombie

She really bugs me, But she does fit the role nicely and seeing her half naked for 2 hours will def get a lot of teenage boys in the seats. Love her or hate her, she does get people in the seats and that is what studios truely care about ha ha

Posted by ForbushBug
@Kid_Zombie said:
" She really bugs me, But she does fit the role nicely and seeing her half naked for 2 hours will def get a lot of teenage boys in the seats. Love her or hate her, she does get people in the seats and that is what studios truely care about ha ha "
Giant robots exploding got people into seats. Fox has yet to prove she's a draw since her only movie as the top star has been the underperforming "Jennifer's Body."
Posted by Aspenite

I want that movie! Don´t care with or without Ms. Fox. 

By the way, I think that Aspen looks pregnant in the picture above...

Posted by EisforExtinction

I don't think that movie would be ny good regardless who was in it.

Posted by daken_2513

 
I dont get why everyone gets annoyed by Megan Fox 
Shes hot and I think she would be good as Aspen Matthews in Fathom

Posted by luckynitro007

Megan Fox will ruin this movie! 
Posted by joshmightbe
@luckynitro007: megan fox will ruin any movie shes in 
Posted by sora_thekey
@daken_2513 said:
"I dont get why everyone gets annoyed by Megan Fox  
Shes hot and I think she would be good as Aspen Matthews in Fathom"
I do agree with you about her being hot, nobody can deny that, but I think, and this is my personal opinion, she is so "loved" for her hotness and sexiness that her appeal as a believable character in any movie drops because what everybody seems to want to see the physical attraction of her rather than the character she's playing. 
It's like Twilight I don't have a problem with the movies or the books, I'm just annoyed by the stupid fans!
Moderator
Posted by Cherry Bomb

Megan has to be Aspen! shes perfect for the role and looks great in a bikini!
as for red sonja, i dont think she has the right body type or height to be her. so i'm glad she isnt starring

Posted by frogger
@sora_thekey:
Great points 
 
I think the this movie will need a really big budget to have the special effects to show people turning into water, an under water city, and a aircraft carrier tipping over. Now that i think about it, it sounds pretty exciting. 
 
Yvonne Strahovski would make a great Kiani
Posted by frogger
@Cherry Bomb: 
 
She is puny to play Red Sonja
Posted by NXH
@RiceFox:
If only...
Posted by 00 Raiser

Megan Fox deserves the part just cause she said that. I love the comic book series Fathom and apparently so does she. So it would be nice to see someone do the character some justice.

Posted by jrocco07

Man, I really want this movie to happen so I will be happy whoever stars in it lol

Posted by Agent Buttons
@sora_thekey said:
"I do agree with you about her being hot, nobody can deny that, but I think, and this is my personal opinion, she is so "loved" for her hotness and sexiness that her appeal as a believable character in any movie drops because what everybody seems to want to see the physical attraction of her rather than the character she's playing.  It's like Twilight I don't have a problem with the movies or the books, I'm just annoyed by the stupid fans! "
you should write a book....
Posted by SuperCoonce
@Cherry Bomb said:
" Megan has to be Aspen! shes perfect for the role and looks great in a bikini! as for red sonja, i dont think she has the right body type or height to be her. so i'm glad she isnt starring "
aggreed.....
Staff
Posted by BrianG2k

i don't see any toe-thumbs in that drawing...    

Posted by Comiclove5
@Agent Buttons said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"I do agree with you about her being hot, nobody can deny that, but I think, and this is my personal opinion, she is so "loved" for her hotness and sexiness that her appeal as a believable character in any movie drops because what everybody seems to want to see the physical attraction of her rather than the character she's playing.  It's like Twilight I don't have a problem with the movies or the books, I'm just annoyed by the stupid fans! "
you should write a book.... "

He should, I would read it. :)
Posted by sora_thekey
@Comiclove5 said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"I do agree with you about her being hot, nobody can deny that, but I think, and this is my personal opinion, she is so "loved" for her hotness and sexiness that her appeal as a believable character in any movie drops because what everybody seems to want to see the physical attraction of her rather than the character she's playing.  It's like Twilight I don't have a problem with the movies or the books, I'm just annoyed by the stupid fans! "
you should write a book.... "
He should, I would read it. :) "
Based on that comment? Wow... I guess I have been wasting my time writing blog posts... (Speaking of which I almost done with another one... *plug*)
Moderator
Posted by NightFang
@Jrocc07 said:
" Man, I really want this movie to happen so I will be happy whoever stars in it lol "
Posted by xerox_kitty

Actually, this is the one comic book role I want to see Megan Fox in... 

Moderator
Posted by ~The Wanderer~

For once I don't completely disagree with Megan Fox...I wouldn't mind a Fathom movie.

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon
@RiceFox said:
" It needs to happen, because she loves it? Why can't someone shut her up. "
yeah that was a poor choice of words kind of dismissive to the producer.  still, sounds cool. 
Posted by brendon277

I don't know anything about fathom but i don't get why people keep saying how she can't act and stuff i think she can and it's not just because she's hot

Posted by ofaaron

I honestly don't understand this thread. You don't want this movie based on a T&A filled comic to cast a T&A filled actress who loves it and has been pushing for it to be made?
  
You guys must have really hated those Transformer movies.

Posted by Sparda
@ofaaron said:
" I honestly don't understand this thread. You don't want this movie based on a T&A filled comic to cast a T&A filled actress who loves it and has been pushing for it to be made?
  
You guys must have really hated those Transformer movies. "
What this guy said.
Posted by ComicCrazy

Ok I really don't care.................whatever.
Posted by Shadow_Thief

As someone who has studied acting quite a bit (and even done some, back in the days when I had free time), I can appreciate filling a role with an actor/actress who has a genuine appreciation for a character. If you love the character, you're more likely to go beyond the script, beyond what that character would simply do, and delve into how they think and feel, their motivation.

When it comes to Red Sonja, though, I think I'd rather see Rhona Mitra in the role, personally.