Comic Vine News

56 Comments

Marvel Teaser: Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez get HIGHER

It's time for another Marvel Teaser for NYCC. What are your guesses about this one?

Yeah, here's another Marvel teaser. This time with Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez.

Many of us are finding it hard to believe that Marvel will be releasing this many new #1 series. In some cases, it seems more likely that the focus is on a new story arc with possibly a new artist coming on board. The yellow here seems fitting with CAPTAIN MARVEL. And I think it's safe to say no one wants Kelly Sue to leave that series.

So what's up with the #1 in the background? Let's hope Marvel is not re-numbering all their series. What are your thoughts on this?

58 Comments
  • 58 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Jakkoaks

Im hoping for this to be a captain marvel book

Posted by CaptainCyke

In before the "1" means .1 :P

Posted by CheeseSticks

Superior Spider-Man panel? It's probably related to Spider-Man.

Posted by G-Man

@cheesesticks: "AND FRIENDS." They're likely to make other announcements there as well.

Staff
Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik

probably alpha. if he's still alive. i do not know that.

Edited by Zeeguy91

Well, since the bottom of the teaser says it'll be announced at the Superior Spider-Man and Friends panel, I'm guessing that this might be a Firestar solo series.

Edited by guttridgeb

@zeeguy91 said:

Well, since the bottom of the teaser says it'll be announced at the Superior Spider-Man and Friends panel, I'm guessing that this might be a Firestar solo series.

I hope you're right, that would be awesome.

Posted by TheCheeseStabber

Moloids are returning, raising higher and higher and want Revenge on Spidey and Rulk

Posted by leokearon

What's the confusion with the 1 we already now what it is. It's All New Marvel Now with brand New titles like All New Invaders and Inhuman and the existing titles will have part 1 of new stories designed to be jumping on points.

Posted by TheManInTheShoe

I'm beginning to hate these now. They try to make us excited but it's just one word

Posted by KrazyCrab

Hope it's not a other comic with superior in its name

Posted by evilvegeta74

I'd like to see Mar-vell back!

Posted by kriminal

well alot of series ended or are ending. gambit,venom, scarlet spider, winter soldier, journey into mystery, red she hulk. there is room for titles

Edited by Mutant God

Is Carol going to sing "Higher" to Spider-Man is that why shes in Spider "friends" lol

Posted by Trevel8182

Captain Marvel Corp Mar-Vell, Carol Danvers, Quasar, Phyla-Vell, Genis-Vell, Spectrum and Marvel Boy.

Posted by daredevil21134

Carol returns as Ms Marvel

Posted by AlKusanagi

Bluntman and Chronic are following Angela's lead and coming to Marvel?!?

Edited by The Stegman
Posted by daedalus25

Carol returns as Ms Marvel

If only that were true. Marvel's got tunnel vision with this whole Captain Marvel nonsense. Put this book out of its misery already. Give Captain Marvel back to someone more appropriate for that name, and let Carol be Ms. Marvel again!

Posted by saoakden

Captain Marvel is my guess.

Posted by daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

Carol returns as Ms Marvel

If only that were true. Marvel's got tunnel vision with this whole Captain Marvel nonsense. Put this book out of its misery already. Give Captain Marvel back to someone more appropriate for that name, and let Carol be Ms. Marvel again!

I would like that

Posted by Trevel8182

@daedalus25 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Carol returns as Ms Marvel

If only that were true. Marvel's got tunnel vision with this whole Captain Marvel nonsense. Put this book out of its misery already. Give Captain Marvel back to someone more appropriate for that name, and let Carol be Ms. Marvel again!

I would like that

Hear Hear!

Posted by Mucklefluga

Jesse Pinkman in the Marvel Universe?

Posted by Mezmero

Another Kelly Sue book eh? We may be taken higher but can she take me high enough? It's never over, yesterday's just a memory. I like the Firestar theory.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

I think it may be a Spider-Woman series as she writes her well in Avengers Assemble and is already used to writing one of the solo as it is.

Edited by MannEffest

Okay, Kelly Sue DeConnick writing? I'm now on board.

Posted by E1000

It could be a good idea to renumber series each year, just like TV series. You would have seasons, that would be much more new reader-friendly, wouldn't it ?

Captain Marvel FTW !

Posted by Catsnlynne

By Captain Marvel, I hope they mean Captain Mar-Vell.

Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee

Oy Vey, there's like over nine thousand teasers!

Edited by Trevel8182

@e1000: They should do it like a magazines #1 2013

Posted by manwithoutshame

this idea of publishing "seasons" so marvel can keep putting out #1's is idiotic.

Posted by MaccyD

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

I think it may be a Spider-Woman series as she writes her well in Avengers Assemble and is already used to writing one of the solo as it is.

Not a bad guess considering it's at the "Spiderman and friends" panel.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@maccyd: It's that that grabbed me as Captain Marvel hasn't really been a close friend to Spidey whereas Spider-Woman has.

Posted by Lykida

I really hope (and I mean REALLY) that this means Kelly Sue is writing a Spider-Woman series. I think a lot of People would love that, after what she did with her in Avengers assemble ("Huuulk... Make a sandwich!")

OR could it be about this weird Peter-Parker-now-has-a-sister-thing? I didn't really catch up on this...

Posted by HellionVulcan

Could it be a pot smoking super hero ? but other wise i hate waiting ... :( .

Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose

I can only assume that this is the exciting news that Kelly Sue isn't allowed to talk about, and she told the Carol Corps not to worry. Not sure what HIGHER could be. Maybe it's some reference to her "flying higher than ever before" in some kind of reference to her recent troubles and possible upcoming recovery.

But I don't get why that would be announced at the Superior Spider-Man And Friends Panel when we already know that there'll be teaser announcements at the Avengers Panel, which seems like a much more appropriate place for a Captain Marvel thing.

Unless this is something totally different, meaning we would have to wait even longer to find out what's going on with Carol. :/

Posted by ptigrusmagus

A few of these teasers is cool, now its getting dumb.

Posted by Tyrannotaur

Pretty sure this is Captain Marvel. Despite being an Avenger she usually gets lumped together with Spidey and friends in solicits and the coming soon teasers in the back of comics. I'm glad to see this book isn't canceled after all. Assuming I'm right of course.

Posted by Avengers_4everXX

@trevel8182: Yes, how dare Marvel actually provide Carol with character development. Shame on them! I demand they strip away all of her personal growth and reduce to nothing more than a pair of legs again! And while we're at it, let's resurrect a white male character who's been dead for decades and has no reason to be brought back just to replace her!

Posted by Vance Astro

@trevel8182: Yes, how dare Marvel actually provide Carol with character development. Shame on them! I demand they strip away all of her personal growth and reduce to nothing more than a pair of legs again! And while we're at it, let's resurrect a white male character who's been dead for decades and has no reason to be brought back just to replace her!

Carol Danvers shouldn't be Captain Marvel. Marvel made this same mistake when they changed Arana's name to Spider-Girl. Developing a character doesn't have anything to do with the name. You take away a characters individuality with something like that. Carol Danvers shouldn't be Warbird, she shouldn't be Captain Marvel, she should be the 1 and only Ms.Marvel! Ms.Marvel should be a name that's building it's own legacy to be passed on.

Moderator
Edited by BR_Havoc

@avengers_4everxx: I actually agree with you up to the point you brought race into this for no reason what so ever.

I kind of like that she has taken the mantle of Captain Marvel and I think the suit looks great and would translate great on film (main reason I think they changed her costume). I think her taking the mantle of Captain Marvel plays great to her origins and in no way takes away her individuality.

Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse

Cool.

Posted by Trevel8182

@avengers_4everxx: Carol Danvers was made Captain Marvel not out of any character reason but because Marvel has to publish a comic with the name Captain Marvel on it every 2 years or they lose the rights.

Posted by comicbookfan93

This best be Captain Marvel

Posted by Ando123

Obviously is Capitan Marvel

Posted by Vance Astro

@trevel8182 said:

@avengers_4everxx: Carol Danvers was made Captain Marvel not out of any character reason but because Marvel has to publish a comic with the name Captain Marvel on it every 2 years or they lose the rights.

Is that true or are you being sarcastic?

Moderator
Edited by Vance Astro

@br_havoc said:

@avengers_4everxx: I actually agree with you up to the point you brought race into this for no reason what so ever.

I kind of like that she has taken the mantle of Captain Marvel and I think the suit looks great and would translate great on film (main reason I think they changed her costume). I think her taking the mantle of Captain Marvel plays great to her origins and in no way takes away her individuality.

Taking someone's mantle always reduces individuality. Ms.Marvel should be a mantle to be taken.

Moderator
Posted by BR_Havoc

@vance_astro: Hmmm that could of been interesting redoing the dynamic that Carol had with the first Captain Marvel with her and a new Ms. Marvel but I know that is not what you meant.

Posted by fullmetaladam

Hope it's not a other comic with superior in its name

"Superior Stilt-Man" maybe?

  • 58 results
  • 1
  • 2