Comic Vine News

Comments

Marvel Announces Primetime Special - "Assembling a Universe" on ABC

Viewers will get an exclusive look inside the world of Marvel Studios in the all-new ABC Primetime Special.

Press Release

Join stars from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, celebrity fans, filmmakers and pop culture icons for a world premiere primetime event on TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Marvel Studios has pioneered and broken box-office records around the world, creating a cinematic universe unlike any other in pop culture history through its blockbuster films. Beginning with “Iron Man” in 2008 and continuing today through “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC and the theatrical release of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” this April, the Marvel Cinematic Universe presents audiences with some of the most groundbreaking and dynamic storytelling that brings an unprecedented vision to the world of entertainment.

In this exclusive primetime documentary special, audiences will be taken further into the Marvel Cinematic Universe than ever before, offering viewers a front row seat to the inception of Marvel Studios, the record-breaking films, the cultural phenomenon, and further expansion of the universe by Marvel Television.

Marvel’s first television special documents the exciting story behind Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, featuring exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from all of the Marvel films, the Marvel One-Shots and “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Viewers will walk a clear path through this amazing and nuanced universe, featuring sneak peeks at the future of “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” on ABC, new footage from Marvel Studios upcoming theatrical releases, “Captain America: The Winter Solider” and “Guardians of The Galaxy,” and a sneak peek at the upcoming Marvel’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe.” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

33 Comments
Posted by cobra88king8

@thecannon: How can the film be canceled at this point? It's in post production and is going to be released.

Posted by Z3RO180

Ok bigger question. When will the UK finally get back Agents Of Shield on channel 4 ? It's been months and we are so far behind and if they cancel the UK showings of the show, with it ending on a cliffhanger I'm not going to be happy.

Edited by LCazT1996

@Illuminatus said:

@TheCannon said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy movie? No... just, dear God no... please cancel that movie. please...

Already has a release date and the script is said to be phenomenal. Don't knock it before you've even seen a trailer.

Read what I said earlier. I don't care what they do, it will be horrible. Please, don't ruin that slim hope I have of the film being canceled.

Yeah, the films not getting canceled. Deal with it.

Posted by meatwadf

@markus_kage: That's been my dream casting for him for awhile now. Also, they are currently very very early in the planning stages of a Doc. Strange movie. IO9 has had some good articles on it, of late.

Edited by PunyParker

@jorgevy said:

Well, as the title says, Which Marvel Cinematic Universe movie have you seen the most times??

Iron Man 1.
The rest are good,but not reaching heights.
Admit it everyone.

Posted by Novemberx2

get ready for 30 seconds of nothing! i reckon they will say something like "yh there is a really major thing gonna happen in agent of shield that will be important in avengers 2" and everyone will watch it, and it be another dumb ass easter egg that means nothing at all.

Edited by Sammo21

The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are the standard by which I judge other superhero films at this point. I think the Spider-Man films are largely boring, the X-Men films largely suck, and DC films are just OK (unless we're talking about the Green Lantern film...it just sucks). I am cool with them weaving a shared universe together. They were the first to do it and they happened to do it well, so great for them and for me as a viewer.

Posted by StMichalofWilson

This will be interesting. Can't wait to see what to expect in the future!

Edited by 2cool4fun

Does anyone even watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ??

Posted by MaccyD

@z3ro180: One of the main reason I watched it originally was its schedule was so close to US.

Posted by Oscars94

I CAN'T WAIT! i WANNA SEE RONAN THE ACCUSER AND ULTRON!

Posted by MadeinBangladesh

@thecannon said:

@Illuminatus said:

@TheCannon said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy movie? No... just, dear God no... please cancel that movie. please...

Already has a release date and the script is said to be phenomenal. Don't knock it before you've even seen a trailer.

Read what I said earlier. I don't care what they do, it will be horrible. Please, don't ruin that slim hope I have of the film being canceled.

Yeah, the films not getting canceled. Deal with it.

@thecannon LOL why don't you want a GotG movie? What the hell do you have against it? ANd the movie isn't getting cancelled. Every thing is already set.

Posted by Wardishy

My question is, how linked will the MCU to the Netflix shows?

Edited by LCazT1996

@wardishy said:

My question is, how linked will the MCU to the Netflix shows?

Well, they're set in the same "Universe" without a doubt...

@lcazt1996 said:

@thecannon said:

@Illuminatus said:

@TheCannon said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy movie? No... just, dear God no... please cancel that movie. please...

Already has a release date and the script is said to be phenomenal. Don't knock it before you've even seen a trailer.

Read what I said earlier. I don't care what they do, it will be horrible. Please, don't ruin that slim hope I have of the film being canceled.

Yeah, the films not getting canceled. Deal with it.

@thecannon LOL why don't you want a GotG movie? What the hell do you have against it? ANd the movie isn't getting cancelled. Every thing is already set.

Right? Dear lord, he's freaking out for no reason. xD

Posted by Z3RO180

@maccyd: I know we got it a day later but now we are so far behind. What is so important that it they keep from showing over here.

Edited by viin

If youve seen the movies I think you should know how it was assembled. Its called end credit scenes. This is probably just gonna be an hour long show of Marvel pretty much just promoting. (Which is what makes Marvel so popular.)

Marvel has done pretty well with adapting all the films into one universe buts its not like all the films themselves are spectacular. I feel Marvel studios started off very well but once Thor came out it seems things got very medicore, childish, and boring and Agents of Shield is just apauling to even put a Marvel name on. Captain America: The Winter Soldier looks to be an improvement and making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie is a great choice on Marvel part to kinda veer away from the superhero craze.

Edited by CaptainHoopla

Cool, I'll watch it.

Posted by The_Titan_Lord

Nice.

Posted by nfareed71024

Seems pretty awesome i just hope that avengers two doesnthave too many characters and revolutionizes my life just how the first one did

Posted by LCazT1996

@jorgevy said:

Well, as the title says, Which Marvel Cinematic Universe movie have you seen the most times??

Iron Man 1.

The rest are good,but not reaching heights.

Admit it everyone.

Are you kidding me? Iron Man was great...but Avengers and Thor: The Dark World were at least as good, if not better. Cap's first solo film was really good too. The only ones that weren't good at the very least...were Thor, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk (if you include it as part of the MCU...which idk why you wouldn't, but some people don't).

Edited by goobot

Is half of the thread missing for anyone else?

Posted by AmazingWebHead

Too bad my cheap-ass parents got rid of the cable.

Posted by Teerack

Sneak peak of Age of Ultron! :O

Posted by Illuminatus

@madeinbangladesh said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@thecannon said:

@Illuminatus said:

@TheCannon said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy movie? No... just, dear God no... please cancel that movie. please...

Already has a release date and the script is said to be phenomenal. Don't knock it before you've even seen a trailer.

Read what I said earlier. I don't care what they do, it will be horrible. Please, don't ruin that slim hope I have of the film being canceled.

Yeah, the films not getting canceled. Deal with it.

@thecannon LOL why don't you want a GotG movie? What the hell do you have against it? ANd the movie isn't getting cancelled. Every thing is already set.

Right? Dear lord, he's freaking out for no reason. xD

Two things:

1. Do not involve me in a pyramid discussion from such an old thread, please. I hope this does not come off to anyone as insensitive or callous on my part.

2. TheCannon has obviously been proven wrong, and he is currently in his corner sulking. There is no need to bring it up any further.

Posted by millennium

@z3ro180: its on a month long break it will be back next month on march 4 over here in the states so it should be released a day or two after (not really sure on how the whole international broadcasting system works so its a guess)

Edited by PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@jorgevy said:

Well, as the title says, Which Marvel Cinematic Universe movie have you seen the most times??

Iron Man 1.

The rest are good,but not reaching heights.

Admit it everyone.

Are you kidding me? Iron Man was great...but Avengers and Thor: The Dark World were at least as good, if not better. Cap's first solo film was really good too. The only ones that weren't good at the very least...were Thor, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk (if you include it as part of the MCU...which idk why you wouldn't, but some people don't).

I'm saying Avengers and Iron Man were great.The rest were good.Didn't archive greatness.

Posted by Z3RO180

@millennium: we stopped on the episode where coulson was kidnapped. You are a few episodes ahead of us.

Posted by LCazT1996

@lcazt1996 said:

@punyparker said:

@jorgevy said:

Well, as the title says, Which Marvel Cinematic Universe movie have you seen the most times??

Iron Man 1.

The rest are good,but not reaching heights.

Admit it everyone.

Are you kidding me? Iron Man was great...but Avengers and Thor: The Dark World were at least as good, if not better. Cap's first solo film was really good too. The only ones that weren't good at the very least...were Thor, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk (if you include it as part of the MCU...which idk why you wouldn't, but some people don't).

I'm saying Avengers and Iron Man were great.The rest were good.Didn't archive greatness.

1. The word you were looking for there was achieve,not archive. We're going to have to deduct points on that one.

2. I'm saying that The Dark World was equally great. And Winter Soldier is shaping up to be just as great.

Posted by LCazT1996

@madeinbangladesh said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@thecannon said:

@Illuminatus said:

@TheCannon said:

A Guardians of the Galaxy movie? No... just, dear God no... please cancel that movie. please...

Already has a release date and the script is said to be phenomenal. Don't knock it before you've even seen a trailer.

Read what I said earlier. I don't care what they do, it will be horrible. Please, don't ruin that slim hope I have of the film being canceled.

Yeah, the films not getting canceled. Deal with it.

@thecannon LOL why don't you want a GotG movie? What the hell do you have against it? ANd the movie isn't getting cancelled. Every thing is already set.

Right? Dear lord, he's freaking out for no reason. xD

Two things:

1. Do not involve me in a pyramid discussion from such an old thread, please. I hope this does not come off to anyone as insensitive or callous on my part.

2. TheCannon has obviously been proven wrong, and he is currently in his corner sulking. There is no need to bring it up any further.

I wasn't necessarily involving you.

I was also linked to this thread unintentionally, and I saw some ridiculous comments and replied. That's it.

Edited by JeanRalphio

Too bad my cheap-ass parents got rid of the cable.

LAWL

Posted by PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@punyparker said:

@jorgevy said:

Well, as the title says, Which Marvel Cinematic Universe movie have you seen the most times??

Iron Man 1.

The rest are good,but not reaching heights.

Admit it everyone.

Are you kidding me? Iron Man was great...but Avengers and Thor: The Dark World were at least as good, if not better. Cap's first solo film was really good too. The only ones that weren't good at the very least...were Thor, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk (if you include it as part of the MCU...which idk why you wouldn't, but some people don't).

I'm saying Avengers and Iron Man were great.The rest were good.Didn't archive greatness.

1. The word you were looking for there was achieve,not archive. We're going to have to deduct points on that one.

2. I'm saying that The Dark World was equally great. And Winter Soldier is shaping up to be just as great.

  1. You're right.Sorry.
  2. Winter Soldier is indeed shaping up to be a quality flick.