Comic Vine was there with you, every step of the way, when the casting announcements for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS were trickling in and here's what they've pooled into - - the purported first promo pic of the new X-Men in costume. Bleeding Cool's got this image, though it’s still pretty small to get a good look at or even be sure if it’s not a savy fan’s photoshop creation.
So, from left to right, it looks like you have…
- Michael Fassbender as Magneto
- Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
- January Jones as Emma Frost
- Jason Flemyng as Azazel
- Nicholas Hoult as Beast
- Lucas Til as Havok
- Zoë Kravitz as Angel Salvadore
- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
- James McAvoy as Professor X
Some quick observations…
- The costumes look somewhere between the leather jumpsuits of the movies and the blue-and-yellow uniforms from the classic line up (and also that extended Shi’Ar storyline Jim Lee drew in the 90s.)
- Havok does, indeed, seem to have the characteristic concentric circles symbol on his chest.
- Moira looks like she's in a jumpsuit of her own. Maybe she'll be joining the X-Men in the field?
- Kravitz is missing Angel's trademark seraphim wings. Perhaps she has different powers in this one?
- Beast and Mystique's make-up look almost exactly the same as they have been in previous movies. Azazel actually does look like a red Nightcrawler as previous reports have suggested.
Now, what do you Comic Vine maniacs think of this line-up of usual and unusual suspects?
UpdateHere's some more images courtesy of Hero Complex.
== TEASER ==
Update 2How about some more? Matthew Vaughn talked to SlashFilm about the first image.
I freaked out on them yesterday. I don’t know where the hell that came from. I don’t think it’s a Fox image. It’s not a pre-approved image. When I found out, I said, what the fuck is this shit, and Fox is running around trying to figure out what happened as well. I agree. It’s like a bad photoshop, which maybe it was by someone. It didn’t reflect the movie. I was shocked when I saw it. I was like ‘Jesus Christ’…
And AICN posted a first look at the teaser poster.