Stan "The Man" Lee has had a huge impact on Marvel comics, so it's only fair the co-creator of so many iconic characters should continue to receive respect at the House of Ideas. Stan's appeared in everything from comics to cartoons, but his brief cameos on the big screen are always a treat and the ones we love the most. This week, we wanted to know which Stan Lee scene from a Marvel movie is your favorite, and one option absolutely obliterated the competition.
Stan Lee's cameo as the oblivious librarian who's totally into music in The Amazing Spider-Man took an impressive 42% of the votes. Apparently, it was so pleasing that even people who didn't like the movie ended up having a blast with the cameo (post is the Viner ZZoMBiE13)
"I really didn't like Amazing Spider-Man. Not even a little. But it did have the best Stan Lee moment in all of the movies made from Marvel properties. It didn't make up for the rest of the movie, but it was one great moment to be sure."
In case you haven't watched the scene yet or just want to enjoy it all over again, here's the clip (via youtube).
Here's the poll results.
- High School librarian who's oblivious to Spider-Man vs. Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man) 42%
- "Hugh Hefner" (Iron Man) 10%
- Pick-up truck driver who tries to pull mjolnir and is definitely not worthy (Thor)10%
- Man in Times Square who tells Peter Parker, "One man can make a difference. 'Nuff said." (Spider-Man 3) 8%
- Not allowed in Reed & Sue's wedding despite being Stan Lee (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer) 8%
- Interviewee on the news who doesn't believe superheroes are in New York (Marvel's The Avengers) 5%
- Man who drinks soda with gamma radiation in it (The Incredible Hulk) 4%
- Man not paying attention to traffic & saved by young Murdock (Daredevil) 3%
- Man who simply wants his shoe back (Thor: The Dark World) 3%
- Security guard chatting with Lou Ferrigno (Hulk) 2%
- Mailman at the Baxter Building (Fantastic Four) 2%
- Military officer who thinks some guy is Cap and says, "I thought he'd be taller" (Captain America: The First Avenger) 2%
- Man who saves woman from falling debris during a Doc Ock fight (Spider-Man 2) 1%
- "Larry King" (Iron Man 2) 1%
- Judge at a beauty pageant (Iron Man 3) 1%
- Hot dog seller on the beach (X-Men) 0%
- Man who helps a little girl during a Green Goblin battle (Spider-Man) 0%
- Man who's watering plants and is interrupted by Jean Grey's power (X-Men: The Last Stand) 0%
Did you vote for the scene in The Amazing Spider-Man or did another one generate a bigger laugh from you? Don't be shy, speak your mind below! Lastly, there will not be a new question next week due to the holidays. In the meantime, you're totally welcome to send new question ideas our way in the comments below or to Gregg via Twitter.