It's time for a little bit of Marvel mayhem in the segment's second team battle. In one corner, we have the Heroes for Hire, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. In the other, we have two characters connected to the Spider-Man family tree, Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and Venom (Flash Thompson). If these two teams were forced to fight under the following rules (see below for details), which side would have your support and why?
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. However, there's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Everyone has their standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Comic Viners, you have until this Friday morning (ET) to research the characters, present a case and/or dive into the debate with others and, of course, cast your vote! As always, Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and they can't include scans *link above*), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry (spoiler: one writer has already provided a blurb)! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.