It was great to see last week's Zombie Apocalypse Scenario got everyone's creative juices flowing (fear not, there will be more scenarios!), but this week, we're going back to the basics, and man oh man, it's going to be a brutal one. The latest 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week' is forcing enemies to cast aside their differences and set their sights on other combatants. Now, keep in mind this doesn't mean the characters are obligated to actually work with one another, but they won't focus their efforts on attacking their teammate!
In one corner, we have Superior Spider-Man and the new Hobgoblin, Phil Urich. In the other, we have the famous X-Man, Wolverine, and his longtime enemy, Omega Red. Which side is going to win this battle? Well, that'll be determined by your arguments and votes, so read all of the rules and then click the link to begin the debate!
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character and have standard gear.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits.
- Phil begins already in the air (let's assume roughly 20 feet high).
- Wolverine does have his healing factor.
- As stated above, teammates are not being forced to use teamwork or help one another. That said, they will not focus their efforts to hurt their teammate, nor are they obligated to help, either. For example, if Wolverine is in dire trouble, Omega Red may simply smile and not come to his aid (again, just an example and not saying that's what would actually happen). How they'd act in this situation is entirely up for debate. They want to win the fight, but keep in mind, they are indeed in character as well.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.