I won't lie, I REALLY wanted to use movie Wolverine this week to coincide with his latest movie, but I was having trouble finding a properly balanced match. So, instead of me rushing a blatantly unfair match out right now, expect me to use him sometime down the road and hopefully it'll be worth the wait and way more balanced. But for now, it's time to place raw firepower against tactical skill!
Karl Urban's Judge Dredd is packing quite a firearm with a lot different ammunition options (explosive, stun, incendiary, etc) and he briefly proved he's a brutal yet effective hand-to-hand combatant when he faced a fellow judge. Also, the opening scene shows he's definitely a good shot. However, Christian Bale's Batman has impressive stealth abilities, his own variety of nonlethal gear and his skill certainly shouldn't to be underestimated.
Will Dredd's lethal advantages overcome The Dark Knight or does this setting allow Batman to eventually knockout or incapacitate the Judge?
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character (both sides think the other is a villain).
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Batman is in his prime condition.
- All characters have standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Yes, I previously wrote an article on this battle, but that's just my opinion and it was still hugely divided. This now gives YOU the chance to determine the winner. You all have until NEXT Friday to research the characters, debate and vote!
Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered *link above*), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.