It's time for another Marvel vs. DC match-up! This week, we're pitting DC's accurate archer against Marvel's dangerous anti-hero. Will Ollie's accuracy and variety of trick arrows keep Frank down for the count... or will the green hooded hero end up with bullets in him?
You have until this Friday to choose who wins! If you already consider yourself knowledgeable on both characters, feel free to jump right into the debate and kick things off with an elaborate post (link is below). However, if you only know the bare basics of these two, you have until this Friday morning (ET) to research these characters and cast your vote.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 40 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits.
- For Oliver, his equipment is the trick arrows we've seen him use in the New 52 and a fair amount of regular arrows. For Frank, his equipment is a healthy variety of standard firearms and knives.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.