What would happen if Remy LeBeau and Kurt Wagner got into a fight? Both are quite agile and fairly skilled, but when it comes to mutant powers, they're bringing totally different advantages to the table. Will Gambit's explosive power knock Kurt out... or will Mr. Wagner teleport his way to victory? That's exactly what we're asking you this week and you have until Friday to make up your mind! If you already consider yourself well-versed on both characters, then feel free to jump right into the debate and drop a knowledge bomb (link is provided below). But for everyone else, you have until Friday morning (ET) to research these two heroes and cast your vote. May the better X-Man win!
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character (this means morals are on, people).
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
- All characters have standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
- "But Nightcrawler is dead" isn't an original comment. This is obviously pre-death Kurt.
- And speaking of death, Gambit's horseman powers will not come into play.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.