Thor has a brand new movie out and Faora's heading to blu-ray this week, so having them engage in a brutal slugfest only seems natural. What would happen if these two powerful characters went head-to-head? Will the DC villain's speed and viciousness overwhelm Marvel's Avenger? Or, will Thor's durability and versatility eventually earn him the win against Superman's foe?
We understand not everyone will enter this one being knowledgeable on both characters, so please keep in mind you have all week to vote. Conduct your own research by checking out the movies or head to the poll thread (link provided below) and read the detailed arguments which will hopefully be made for both sides. Or, if you do know both characters well, go to the poll thread right now and let us know who you think will win and why. Impress us enough (post must be free of videos and scans) and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week. You can't put that on your resume, but it's still pretty darn satisfying award.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- Characters are standard versions and have standard gear (Faora is not adjusted to Earth's conditions).
- Knockout, incapacitation or death all count as elimination.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 25 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits. Seeing as this battle has the potential to go great distances, assume we're talking about a massive city.
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Click the following to cast your vote. Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a character, be sure to tell us why!
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.