Piotr Rasputin and his raw strength and durability or Aric of Dacia and the sheer power his armor gives him? Can Valiant's powerhouse blast away the X-Men's heavy hitter or will the Marvel character dish out a major dose of pain? Look, we realize not everyone is an expert on these two characters, so that's why voting will stay open until Friday morning (ET). There's no need to vote right away if you're not sure how this would go down. That should give you plenty of time to research both characters and cast your vote, yes?
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Random encounter.
- Both are in character.
- Colossus' power will not fluctuate. He'll remained armored.
- Knockout, incapacitation, BFR or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a lot of cover between them (a variety of idle vehicles, bus stops, dumpster bins, benches, etc.). The entire city region is on limits (rooftops, inside buildings, alleyways, sewers, etc.).
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Click the following link to cast your vote. Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why. Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the CV staff.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.