To celebrate Black Widow's new series (by Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto), we thought it would be really fun to give the Avenger a real challenge. This week, she's facing off against Bane's latest ally in ARKHAM WAR: the Talon named William Cobb. Will the Marvel hero overcome or will the DC villain claim the victory? Well, it turns out that'll be up to you. Yeah, you. We know that's a lot of pressure, so don't feel rushed to vote if you're not sure how this fight would go down. The poll will be open until Friday morning (ET), so that should give you plenty of time to research both characters and then cast your vote/speak your mind in the debate.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Random encounter (aka no prep).
- In character.
- Standard gear.
- Knockout, incapacitation or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a lot of cover between them (a variety of idle vehicles, bus stops, dumpster bins, benches, etc.). The entire city region is on limits (rooftops, inside buildings, alleyways, sewers, etc.).
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Click the following link to cast your vote. Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why. Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the CV staff.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and ).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.