It's time for the segment's FIRST animated battle! This week, we're pitting great heroes from two modern shows against one another and it's going to be a blast. Both teams have already faced a big variety of enemies, but which side will earn the win when they'e forced to duke it out? Will Master Splinter's team triumph thanks to their numbers advantage or do Batman and Katana have the skill and resources needed to claim the victory? Well, that's entirely up to you. Yes, you, so go ahead and read all of the rules to see how and where the fight's going down. Once you've done that, click the link, cast your vote and get your debate on!
We understand not everyone's knowledgeable on both teams, so please keep in mind you have all week to vote. Seriously, the poll's open until Friday morning (ET), so there's no need to vote right away. Go ahead and conduct your own research or head to the poll thread (link provided below) and read the arguments which will be made for both sides. Odds are you can catch episodes through Video On Demand or purchase episodes via sources like iTunes or Amazon. If you do know both teams well enough, jump into the poll thread right now and let us know who you think should win and why. Impress us enough and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week spot in Friday's update (post must be free of scans and video clips). You can't put that accomplishment on your resume, but it's still a pretty darn satisfying award.
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character.
- Characters have standard gear.
- Knockout, incapacitation, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits. Seeing as this is a "generic" city and not New York or Gotham, Batman/Katana are not in communication with Alfred, nor do they have access to their vehicles.
- Feats from the BEWARE THE BATMAN and TMNT: NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURES comic books can be used in the debate as well.
- It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!
Click the following link to cast your vote. Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why! Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.