Welcome back! This week, we have a Justice Leaguer taking on a member of the Fantastic Four. Both are powerhouses who have what it takes to hang with the true heavy hitters of their respective universes, but neither should logically take a majority over the top tier characters. That said, that's no reason to discredit either because both are incredibly brutal, effective and durable fighters. So, do you think New 52 Aquaman has what it takes to defeat Thing... or will he eventually get clobbered?
Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules
- Combatants are in character (again, this is New 52 Aquaman).
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in our version of Manhattan (this way there's no Baxter Building for a potential advantage but both do indeed recognize where they are). It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible in Times Square. TS is littered with parked cars and other standard items. This means the Hudson is about 5 avenues over and the East River is a bit farther away.
- Thing is unarmed and Arthur has his trident.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Voting will remain open until this Friday morning (ET) and a new article will go on the homepage shortly after. Please keep in mind voting remains open for 5 days so you can research the characters and read the debates presented for both sides. I know it's easy to immediately vote for the character you like more, but please try to have adequate information on both sides before casting your vote!
Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and it can't be a scan fest!), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal. Now, go on and prove why you think Arthur or Ben wins!
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.