*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*
The Comic Vine community has selected Deathstroke as our latest Character of the Month. That means we're going to give him plenty of love and highlight Slade Wilson's history, best stories, and more, but it also means means we're going to test his abilities as a combatant! Last week, he barely beat Boba Fett. This week, we're going with a popular match that simply has to be done: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool!
Will Slade's skill be more than enough to drop Wade Wilson or will the Marvel character's healing factor and constant rambling make the DC mercenary eventually lose his focus? Both are incredibly agile and very deadly, but which one will be walking away as the winner when they come face-to-face? Well, readers, you can help determine that verdict! After reading the rules, be sure to click the following link and get your vote on. And, if you're feeling up to it, go ahead and take part in the conversation, too!
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Deadpool's standard gear includes his swords, an assortment of firearms and a few grenades.
- This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear (sword, power staff, small firearms).
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner Arguments for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers and we'll suggest some of his must read stories later this week! Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.