Who's ready for another Batman battle? If you are: huzzah! If you're not: start studying the characters or read the debate before casting your vote! You may not think so, but every single vote matters, so make sure you have all of the facts before selecting your choice. If you don't, Galactus will destroy our planet because of you, and you don't want that to happen, do you?
This month, the Winter Soldier (James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes) squares off against the Dark Knight (Bruce Wayne). Will the man who once wielded the shield and has a cybernetic arm defeat Gotham's iconic hero? Or, will the Caped Crusader end up taking the victory? Read on to get all of the details surrounding the match and when you can check back for the results (and more).
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
- All characters have standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
If you have a moment, please vote in this poll and speak your mind. I'm always looking to keep this segment fun and I have plenty of ideas for it that I'd like to propose over time. Your input is greatly appreciated. Seriously, I mean that.
Also, feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.