Oh yes, it's that time again, Viners! This month, Scott Summers will take on DC's Dark Knight. Both are brilliant tacticians, but who will come out on top? Will Cyclops' blasts of concussive force keep Bruce down for the count... or does Batman have the skill and equipment required to take down the former leader of the X-Men?
Yes, I've changed the title of the feature from "Does Batman Always Win?" to "Batman Battle of the Month." Why? Because the focus of the conversation should be on the battle, not confusion over whether there's some kind of implication in the title. Anyway, read on to see the rules for the match and then click the link when you're ready to vote, read the debate, or present an argument of your own!
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
- All characters have standard gear.
- This is PRE-PHOENIX FORCE Cyclops. This way he actually has control of his power.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- My extended thoughts on the match.
- A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.