Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for a new Batman Battle of the Month. We spend a lot of time trying to come up with new challenges for Bruce Wayne, but seeing as this is also the final week of Spider-Man's time as the Character of the Month, we thought it would be fun to merge them!
That's right, we've placed Peter Parker in the Dark Knight's battle segment! Except he's not facing Gotham's hero. No, they're teaming-up against two of Marvel's most formidable street level characters: Captain America and Wolverine! Will team Spider-Bat's combination of skill and physicals allow them to beat the competition or will team Marvel's advantages allow them to overcome? Your vote will help determine the winner, but PLEASE read all of the rules before voting. Seriously, it'll take you roughly a minute or two and the details are very important. So read the rules, cast your vote and then speak your mind!
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either team).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 15 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Both sides have their standard gear. To keep things simple, let's assume Parker only has standard webbing and no extra cartridges on him.
- Batman has his New 52 armor/gear, but pre-52 and new 52 feats are applicable for him.
- Wolverine does have his healing factor and he isn't jobbing (aka he remembers he can do more than just drool and flail).
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future battle suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Spidey? He'll be the topic of tomorrow's 'Question of the Week' and we previously posted his Best Battles and Best Covers. Lastly, remember to vote for the next Character of the Month!