To pre-order or not to pre-order, that's always a big question with the high profile video games. Then, of course, there's the collectors' editions. That adds another decision that has to be made.
With Batman: Arkham Origins, it's a pretty safe bet that comic and video game fans are going to get it. But should they go all out and get the complete package. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has now revealed the collectors' edition for North America, Australia and New Zealand.
This set will be available on October 25, 2013. Limited quantities will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with a retail price of $199.99. This edition consists of:
· Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce (Height: 9" Depth: 11.5" Width: 13")
· 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
· 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
· Batman Wanted Poster
· Batwing Prototype Schematic
· Anarky logo stencil
· Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
· Wayne Family Photo
· Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
· 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
· Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world's deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
· Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
· The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
The game will retail for $59.99 so if you take that into consideration with everything you get, it's a pretty good deal. The question is, do you have that much money on hand to devote to the Dark Knight. It is very very tempting...