So… CHUD says that Sam Jackson’s AVENGERS script has been stolen! Scripts have been posted online and the doc’s being auctioned off somewhere. That’s all the rope I’m going to give you… find it yourself if you’re really that curious. This scandal’s started (highly-dubious) rumors that production on the movie’s been halted so the script can be re-written and spoiled scenes can be omitted. I strongly doubt that a major blockbuster’s production is going to be stalled because a few fanboys might know spoilers earlier than usual, but believe that if you really want to.
If your taste runs more to tidbits with much surer veracity, go on and check out Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige‘s interview with Collider. Oddly enough, he talks about how the crew dressed the set of Odin’s vault of cosmic treasures in THOR to make it seem like one item had been stolen. I suppose the AVENGERS screenplay like that would be valuable enough to store alongside cosmic trophies like the Infinity Gauntlet and the Worlock’s Eye, but I’m pretty sure they’re alluding to the Cosmic Cube… uh… Tesserect that Red Skull gets his hands on the CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. Go on and check out my beginner’s guide to that little-but-powerful object if you’d like to learn more. == TEASER ==
Other tidbits reveal in a nicely congenial way…
- The Times Square shoot from a week or two ago that involved Cap and Nick Fury might have been for THE AVENGERS. Or maybe it was a pick-up scene for the end of CAPTAIN AMEIRCA’s credits. That’s for them to know and you to eventually find out about.
- While there won’t be a Pixar-produced Marvel movie, there will probably be an animated feature at Disney proper. Haven’t there already been a whole bunch of DTV animated features already, though?
- Marvel was a bit intimidated by the giant spectacle displayed in the DARK OF THE MOON trailer, but Feige’s already confident that the shots of the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier in Avengers will answer all that Decepticon stuff quite soundly.
- Feige and Edgar Wright are well aware of how long it’s been since the ANT-MAN movie was announced at a Comic Con. They’re taking their time to make sure the script’s good, and the latest draft is supposed to be pretty damn close to shooting shape
- Despite that, a throwaway line about Hank Pym was cut from THOR because it was in the same scene that referenced Bruce Banner and the crew felt that was overfilling the ol’ Easter Egg basket.
That’s a lot to chew on there for you maniacs. Debate and discuss below. If we pool information, maybe we can smoke the screenplay thief out!