Comic Vine News

59 Comments

Ant-Man Begins Production

Director Peyton Reed announces on Twitter that it's time get small.

On Twitter today, Peyton Reed, the director of the upcoming Ant-Man film, which has been through some tough times since Marvel has tried to make it, had this to say.

Fans can finally rejoice because Ant-Man is actually underway! While there have been doubters of whether or not Ant-Man would work as a film, most of the skepticism has gone away after seeing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy do exceptionally well, for a movie about a group of space-misfits and a talking tree based off of second-tier Marvel characters.

Ant-Man will star Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, Evangeline Lily as Hope Van Dyne, and The Strain's Corey Stoll as Darren Cross/Yellowjacket. What do you guys think about this upcoming film and its characters?

Ant-Man is schedules to hit theaters on July 17th, 2-15.

Source: Twitter

59 Comments
  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by BumpyBoo

*Edgar Wright fangirl tears*

Moderator
Edited by Lena_Dante

I think that of all the Marvel movies, this is the first one that I am not actively excited for. It just seems to have flailed a bit since Edgar Wright left.

Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse

Cool.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Posted by _Atomikill_

I am not that excited for this.

Online
Posted by Overlander

I'm cautiously optimistic, just like I was for Guardians...and Marvel movies have yet to disappoint me since 2008.

Posted by DrellAssassin

The footage they showed at Comic Con was pretty strong, I love the dynamic between Lang and Pym already. I think this movie is going to surprise people.

Posted by Darling_Luna

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Posted by KyreCat

Get the ant bait.

Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan

I'm cautiously optimistic, just like I was for Guardians...and Marvel movies have yet to disappoint me since 2008.

this

Posted by The Stegman

I for one, am excited for this, it's like the opposite of Guardians, I didn't care about the film at all, but everyone else seemed to be eager to see it.

Posted by Wardishy

@overlander said:

I'm cautiously optimistic, just like I was for Guardians...and Marvel movies have yet to disappoint me since 2008.

this

Iron Man 2?

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Posted by Darling_Luna
Posted by inferiorego

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Staff
Edited by daredevil21134

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Co signed

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull said:

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Yes, I come from the year 2025, ant-man bombs at the Box office and it will be universally hated. :)

Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan

@wardishy: I actually really liked IM2 a lot and the courtroom scene which a lot of people did not like I enjoyed. I would say the only movie from Marvel Studios that left me wanting more from it was CA: The First Avenger.

Posted by Uncanny_Doom

I'll be surprised if this movie is even mediocre when you consider the development hell it's lived through.

Posted by millennium

@theacidskull: it has a good chance of doing that at the box office next year just on the grounds that they have 11 months to get the movie ready for theater release and NO major company can put out a good movie in less than a year

Posted by longbowhunter

About time.

Edited by comicace3

Yussss! I can't wait. Lets see some tortured genius in this antman.

Posted by Overlander

@wardishy: I wouldn't call it a disappointment, but I freely admit IM2 wasn't as good as the first or third installments. I largely blame editing as the major malefactor.

Posted by Wardishy

@theamazingimmortalman: To each their own. I didn't mind the courtroom scene but I did feel that generally this was the weakest of the Iron Man movies. I also feel that Tony was at his least likable and sympathetic in this movie.

First Avenger had its problems but I actually really like that movie. It doesn't hold up against Winter Soldier at ALL but it's one of my favourite Marvel movies overall.

Posted by Wardishy

@overlander: For my part, I'll admit there were parts of Iron Man 2 I liked, but it didn't live up to the first one, which was disappointing for me personally.

Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan

@wardishy said:

@theamazingimmortalman: To each their own. I didn't mind the courtroom scene but I did feel that generally this was the weakest of the Iron Man movies. I also feel that Tony was at his least likable and sympathetic in this movie.

First Avenger had its problems but I actually really like that movie. It doesn't hold up against Winter Soldier at ALL but it's one of my favourite Marvel movies overall.

I still liked the First Avenger, I bought it on Blu Ray these days you don't but dvd/bluray unless you like it due to online sites lol I agree IM2 was the weakest of the three but I still loved it

Posted by inferiorego

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Yes, I come from the year 2025, ant-man bombs at the Box office and it will be universally hated. :)

I'm from 5049 where Earth is a sewage treatment plant for the people of Mars

Staff
Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull said:

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Yes, I come from the year 2025, ant-man bombs at the Box office and it will be universally hated. :)

I'm from 5049 where Earth is a sewage treatment plant for the people of Mars

Guess they won't be remembering the ant man movie then :P

Posted by inferiorego

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Yes, I come from the year 2025, ant-man bombs at the Box office and it will be universally hated. :)

I'm from 5049 where Earth is a sewage treatment plant for the people of Mars

Guess they won't be remembering the ant man movie then :P

what's a "movie?"

Staff
Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull said:

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@inferiorego said:

@theacidskull said:

@darling_luna said:

@theacidskull said:

Why can't this movie just.f*cking.die!

Problem ?

Yes. Everything I've heard about this movies sucks so far IMO.

Are you from the future?

(i am)

Yes, I come from the year 2025, ant-man bombs at the Box office and it will be universally hated. :)

I'm from 5049 where Earth is a sewage treatment plant for the people of Mars

Guess they won't be remembering the ant man movie then :P

what's a "movie?"

Life and love.

Posted by RustyRoy
Posted by Astro_Zombie78

Couldn't be worse than Iron Man 3? Iron Man 3 Marvel Studios worst film yet.

Posted by TommytheHitman

It's only NOW entering production?!

Posted by Overlander

It's only NOW entering production?!

It's a good time to be a special effects house. I'm sure they'll be farming out a lot of work to a lot of places at monstrous prices in order to hit their release date.

Posted by Ostyo
Posted by The Stegman

@ostyo said:

@the_stegman: Ant lover

I guess you can say I have high...ahem, ANTicipation!!

Posted by BlackArmor

I'm still riding that sweet sweet Guardians high right now so I'll be hyped for literally anything Marvel announces until that buzz dies and I hope I never come down

Edited by sora_thekey

I think that of all the Marvel movies, this is the first one that I am not actively excited for. It just seems to have flailed a bit since Edgar Wright left.

Honestly, it looked like it was going to derail way before that...

Moderator
Posted by Ostyo
Posted by War Killer

Awesome, looking forward to this movie!!! ^__^

Posted by Maddpanda531
Posted by dontevenblink

aww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss!

Edited by laabitres

@wardishy: iron man 2 ,thor 1 they've all been meh except for iron man 3 and captain america 1 those were just terrible

Posted by Juke

I'll see the movie a little while after it comes out but I am pessimistic. There's already been a bunch of changes pre-production and the script already had a big rewrite since Edgar Wright hopped off the film. I wonder how Ant-Man is going to tie in with the Avengers in the future since Tony Stark is the one creating Ultron.

Posted by deadpool25mm

Guys its Marvel.. have some faith.

Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt

I hope that this movie is a big surprise hit and cements memorable place for Scott Lang in marvel history without diminishing Hank's.

Posted by FearTheLiving

I'm not a fan of the changes and so far this is the only movie that's worried me after Edgar's departure, but everything I disliked (the changes) were really on Edgar to begin with so I need to just go into this movie thinking of it as it's own thing and let comics be comics and the MCU be the MCU.

Edited by CaptainHoopla

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Marvel Studios on any film they make at this point. Since they dumped Edgar Wright, I still firmly believe it was for the best if they didn't like how it was progressing.

Posted by laidblack

I stop being optimistic about this film when I realized:

No Janet

and the studio was hell-bent on finding a comedy director.

Edited by Teerack

Sorry Hank Pym fans.... but Edgar Wright has won...

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2