Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

White Canary Coming to Arrow Before Legends of Tomorrow

• 54 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

When CW's newest comic book television series Legends of Tomorrow was announced, people were excited. When promo images were revealed and Sara Lance was hanging out as the new White Canary, people were confused, since Lance was dead. A bit of light has been shed on all of this and according to E!, Marc Guggenheim revealed that Sara Lance will be returning prior to the newest CW comic book series Legends of Tomorrow debuts.

The White Canary will be launched in the first few episodes of Arrow... 4x08, our typical crossover episode, will be doing a lot of heavy-lifting in terms of getting the Legends of Tomorrow characters set up and also seeing where they are with relation to The Flash. It's a big episode.

It seems like we'll be getting to see the resurrection of the character before LoT starts, which makes sense because we don't want LoT to spend a ton of time explaining everyone's backstories.

See Sara Lance return onArrow in episode 8 of season 4. Arrow returns to CW for its 4th season on October 7 at 8/7C.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That won't be enough to make me come back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Cool, i hope they do justice to White Canary. She is one of my favorite characthers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is actually really great. Sara was one of the best characters on the show and I was disappointed they killed her off for Merlyn's dumb plan and so Laurel could be the black canary. I just wish they would have kept this a surprise. She's probably coming back due to Nyssa putting her in the Lazarus Pit. Hopefully she stays on Arrow and isn't just there for a few episodes.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324: I totally agree. I dig Sara's character more than Laurel's. I just wonder if she'd be able to be a part of the already huge ensemble cast of Arrow, especially if she's jumping around in time or whatever in LEGENDS.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

I totally agree. I dig Sara's character more than Laurel's. I just wonder if she'd be able to be a part of the already huge ensemble cast of Arrow, especially if she's jumping around in time or whatever in LEGENDS.

Hey, if there's one good thing about time travel, it's that it almost immediately irons out any and all questions about, "Wait, how was she here while doing this thing over here?" just by being an active concept in the shows.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cool beans

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@allstarsuperman: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/live-action-allstarsuperman-vs-dextersinister-1693716/#10

Remember.....

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I am not entirely happy with Laurel becoming Black Canary since she doesn't seem to fit the role quite right and her sister fit perfectly but having her return as White Canary is an alright way to bring back a very good character.

What annoyed me the most was how they shoe-horned her in despite having such limited combat training especially compared to Arrow, Diggle and her sister and I know that she was receiving training but I hate how they're going to have her basically at Oliver's level in the span of a month when he spent years to become what he is, it just feels lazy compared to the effort they put into her sisters back story and connection to Oliver.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

When she died, I kept thinking "It should have been Laurel."

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: honestly, im not feeling like trying to counter that much prep

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking foward to Legends of Tomorrow and Flash. Arrow...sorta.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Gotta catch up on Arrow and Flash doe D:

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Agreed.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackWind
    justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By justice teen

I love Sarah, but I want to know will the canary cry be natural, will it be tech, or will she never use it?

@the_stegman said:

When she died, I kept thinking "It should have been felicity ."

Agreed.

Double agreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Are they actually going to call him Green Arrow?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Sarah, but I want to know will the canary cry be natural, will it be tech, or will she never use it?

I'm not sure Sara is ever going to use the Cry.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Yes. It's also the title of the season premiere.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/07/arrow-season-4-trailer-shown-at-comic-con/

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/22/stephen-amell-teases-green-arrow-for-arrow-season-four/

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dextersinister

Gandalf

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not entirely happy with Laurel becoming Black Canary since she doesn't seem to fit the role quite right and her sister fit perfectly but having her return as White Canary is an alright way to bring back a very good character.

What annoyed me the most was how they shoe-horned her in despite having such limited combat training especially compared to Arrow, Diggle and her sister and I know that she was receiving training but I hate how they're going to have her basically at Oliver's level in the span of a month when he spent years to become what he is, it just feels lazy compared to the effort they put into her sisters back story and connection to Oliver.

She was considered at Oliver's level? When? How? What did I miss?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
    @justice_teen said:

I'm not sure Sara is ever going to use the Cry.

Sad she did use it it a weird way.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @docholiday said:

She was considered at Oliver's level? When? How? What did I miss?

Not exactly but it's how they fast tracked her from not handling a single mugger to suddenly being able to handle an entire group of thugs. They don't bluntly say it but the way they show it is rather boring and moronic.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: I'll be the first guy to say S3 of Arrow was horrible, horrible to the point that I couldn't even finish it, but I feel Laurel was handled well last season. She started out with some boxing lessons, got her ass handed to her by criminals, got some more training off screen from Nyssa, and even after that, she still wasn't ready.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lost all my faith in Arrow

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By SupBatz

Glad we're getting Sara back, but I've grown to really like Laurel as Black Canary. She was one of the few things about season three that really worked, in my opinion. I'm glad that we're going to get to see both Lance sisters as heroes in the future. Maybe it'll help make people more open to Laurel.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: I'll be the first guy to say S3 of Arrow was horrible, horrible to the point that I couldn't even finish it, but I feel Laurel was handled well last season. She started out with some boxing lessons, got her ass handed to her by criminals, got some more training off screen from Nyssa, and even after that, she still wasn't ready.

Maybe but they still show her like she just had two years training do much better, I mean, she had boxing before she became Black Canary but as Black Canary failed to stop one mugger at one point but then after a couple of lessons is suddenly decent? No. Character development takes actual time.

I do agree though, Season 3 of Arrow just wasn't as good as it could be, except of course for all the Flash cross-overs but Flash is awesome :)

"I don't care how fast you are, you can't fight all three of us at once"

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

my bet, Malcolm will bring her back with the Lazarus Pit as an apology for killing her (and so Team Arrow will finally shut the hell up about how much they hate him)

TheDarkPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: season 3 got to you too, eh? Not enough cool to make up for the dumb.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes only coming back to Arrow to see that Olivers with Felicity. CW loves its drama

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mfundroid

Arrow got renewed for a fourth season?

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Sara coming back, like a lot of other people have mentioned she made a better Canary then Laurel did.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad Sara is coming back, she's amazing

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I would like to see Canary turn into White Canary in the comics for a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: season 3 got to you too, eh? Not enough cool to make up for the dumb.

Not only that, season 2 did not hold up for me on a second watch.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

arrow is so lame. Flash isn't much better

WizendSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much is anyone willing to be that they'll have Sara and Laurel fight, and somehow Laurel will win.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed obvious how she comes back (not so sure now, touch on that in a bit). At the end of season 3 Ollie told Merlyn something to the effect of, "Remember our deal!" Seemed that deal was, ill let you be Ra's if you bring back Sara.

I really liked the growth of Laurel, i hope this doesn't stunt it. Sara's death was her whole reasoning for picking up the Canary mantle. Seeing she is alive again might deter her conviction. Also, she has been dead for quite some time.

Back to what I was saying though, there HAS to be a time limit to bringing people back to life with the Laz pit right? Otherwise, death would become pointless on the show. Anybody who ever died, and will die, can be brought back so why would we care anymore? So Sara has to be brought back by other means, and based on the description im guessing Flash brings saves her when he goes back in time maybe?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#42  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

yessssssssssssssssssss i love her

~MiB

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just made the ENTIRE thrid season pointless. If they were going to bring her back, why focuse a whole season around her dying and getting revenge.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

This just made the ENTIRE thrid season pointless. If they were going to bring her back, why focuse a whole season around her dying and getting revenge.

Because they want to make it interesting.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: yea I'm really captivated. Sarcasm level over 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
    anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

u people also forgetting that laurel has a cop dad that send her to self defence classes when she was younger i cant remember if its episode 1 or 2 in the first season but she kicked some bouncer ass and saved ollie in that club so that plus boxing training with wild cat and off screen training with nyssa equals decent h2h skills that being said i still think that they should have taken more time training her before she puts on the costume but stop crying about it already!

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
    anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: no in the legends trailer u can actually see her rising fro the laz pit so that is the direction the show is going but dont forget people resurrected in the pit goes kinda crazy it just depends how long the person was dead so it will probably have its affect on both sara and thea. so it wont make death senseless and besides who said team arrow has unlimited access to the pit? although merlyn was their ally in season 3 does not mean he will be for the duration of the show so the fact he is ras now wont necessarily mean that he will give them free use of the pit.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: no in the legends trailer u can actually see her rising fro the laz pit so that is the direction the show is going but dont forget people resurrected in the pit goes kinda crazy it just depends how long the person was dead so it will probably have its affect on both sara and thea. so it wont make death senseless and besides who said team arrow has unlimited access to the pit? although merlyn was their ally in season 3 does not mean he will be for the duration of the show so the fact he is ras now wont necessarily mean that he will give them free use of the pit.

No man, it certainly does make death pointless on the show. The minute i see any main character get killed it isn't going to have the weight it once did. Be honest, when you saw Ra's stab Thea, we all KNEW she was going for a dip. So it didn't hold any weight at all. Why not bring Tommy back? Ollies mom? If Sara gets shot episode 5, dont worry, she will be back by ep 10. Just like when we see a character die in the comics.

Bad71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Yes, because if he brings back Sara, they should all be just fine with him. Who gives a f*** about the 500+ innocent men, woman, and children he murdered.

They shouldn't rest until he is behind bars or in the dirt.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By amazing_webhead
    @bad71 said:

@amazingwebhead: Yes, because if he brings back Sara, they should all be just fine with him. Who gives a f*** about the 500+ innocent men, woman, and children he murdered.

They shouldn't rest until he is behind bars or in the dirt.

no, i agree, i just wish they'd do it instead of just not-shutting-the-hell-up about it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.