Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Ryan Robbins Cast as Recurring Villain on 'Arrow'

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Looks like Oliver Queen is getting another villain to deal with in this next season of Arrow. According to Variety, Ryan Robbins will be playing the character Conklin, who is a sadistic member of Shadowspire and be battling Oliver in flashback sequences, which Baron Reiter will also be a part of and lead in the newest season.

Conklin will make his first appearance in episode three of the upcoming season four of the CW series, which comes back to television on October 7 at 8PM.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really good actor, I'm pleased with this.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it just me or did I just read the word "flashback"? We all know how much we love the flashbacks in Arrow...

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: I do. Shoot watching Ollie train and come up was always my favorite parts of the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Too many white people on this show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: you do know they just added a black villain too right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flashbacks stopped being good when they took Oliver off the island. Now they just take up the show's time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324: Of course the black guy is a villain.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that these new villains are not focused on the past. I think Arrow is done with the past events and should only focus on the present now. They've extended that plot device for longer than it should have existed.

Focus on the present, Arrow. End Olicity now!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Stahlflamme

@lurkero: @jayc1324: Amen. Instead of adding past sequences that will end up biting them in the ass, once they start introducing stuff that contradicts earlier plot points. They should just focus on the present.

Also past and present Oliver seem more and more like the same person with past Olly learning the lessons present Olly needs, despite past Olly actually having to become more like season 1 Olly.

@sprior93:You forgot Black Gay dude, who granted will probably just be a black gay token dude, given that him being gay and black seemed to be the most important things they could tell us about him.

I hate it when people write minority characters to show how tolerant they are and then are unable to see past the characters minority, while writing him/her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: John Diggle. There are tons of white characters on the show but america as a whole is mostly white, so it makes sense that most of the characters are white. However, the minority characters on the show have been treated just as well as the white characters. The Black and Asian characters aren't there just because they are Black or Asian, they actually have their own stories and are very meaningful to the story. Diggle isn't just 'the black guy', he's a vital character on the show. Same with Tatsu and Maseo and most of the other minorities.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Seriously...uggh I can't wait till season 5 so they can officially stop doing Flashbacks. Flashbacks suck now.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@sprior93: John Diggle. There are tons of white characters on the show but america as a whole is mostly white, so it makes sense that most of the characters are white. However, the minority characters on the show have been treated just as well as the white characters. The Black and Asian characters aren't there just because they are Black or Asian, they actually have their own stories and are very meaningful to the story. Diggle isn't just 'the black guy', he's a vital character on the show. Same with Tatsu and Maseo and most of the other minorities.

You're right, he isn't just the "black guy". He's the "black driver"

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Have the makers of Arrow every explained why they won't stop using flashbacks? I mean we all love a cool flash back every now and then but every episode I've seen had a flashback. It's super excessive.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way to bring back the glory of the show is : Deathstroke

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Well they made a black guy a character who in the comics is a nazi, so what will they make a white guy? A character who is a famous black guy in the comics?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

The flashbacks stopped being good when they took Oliver off the island. Now they just take up the show's time.

COMPLETELY agree. The island flashbacks were so good. I honestly dont even pay attention to the season 3 ones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: Yeah I really didnt understand what the Alpha and Omega thing was when Ra's planned on using it on Starling city lol. Its so confusing and pointless now.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

The only way to bring back the glory of the show is : Deathstroke

True. But I heard that he's going to appear in Suicide Squad movie, which means CW can't bring him back for now.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: I didnt know he was going to appear? Do we know who will play him ?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jayc1324 said:

@kidchipotle: Yeah I really didnt understand what the Alpha and Omega thing was when Ra's planned on using it on Starling city lol. Its so confusing and pointless now.

That plot made no sense. Maseo took it from the truck. Before his son died and gave him a reason to do so? Then gave it to Ra's, who wanted to use it for the initation ritual of the next Ra's. Then Nyssa stole it, so that they coudn't fullfill that tradition, but only figured out Ra's had Oliver as his successor after already stealing it. There was only one vial, but Ra's casually throws that into the prison cell of Olivers friends, who were vaccined because Oliver knew he would use the irreplacable virus instead of a sword? And then Ra's had more of the virus anyway.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@sprior93 said:

Too many white people on this show.

Normally, I'd think it's in bad taste to list minority characters in a TV series or movie, because it feels like reducing their presence and their roles to nothing more than their ethnicity. However, as Arrow is probably one of the more diverse shows around at the moment (in spite of many other flaws) it deserves to be defended on this front.

John Diggle, Amanda Waller, Bronze Tiger, Ted Grant, Tatsu and Maseo, Yao Fei and Shado all come to mind as significant recurring characters throughout the show. Then we have less significant characters or one-timers like McKenna Hall, Mr. Blank, Cisco (if we want to count his appearance in Arrow), and Komodo. And even better yet, I can't think of a time when any of these characters felt like tokenism rather than a character in his/her own right.

If we want to criticize Arrow on this front, blame it for white-washing Sandra Hawke, Ra's and Nyssa, and Brick. Not for under-representing different groups of peoples.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By The Impersonator

@the_impersonator: I didnt know he was going to appear? Do we know who will play him ?

There's been rumors lately. I'm not 100% sure if he's going to appear. We'll have to wait and see.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were five years between the Gambit sinking and Ollie's rescue from Lian Yu in episode one. Each year of the show tells the story of one year in the present, and one of those five years "on the island" (which I put in quotations because he was not on the island the entire time) in the flashbacks. Therefore, seasons one through five each would have to have the flashback sequence. It would make the most sense if the show then ended after season five, but I certainly hope it runs long past that because I just love this show! And yes, I usually do enjoy the flashbacks as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.