Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Arrow "Seeing Red"

• 87 results
    Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

WHAT IS HAPPENING I DONT EVEN I CANT

I actually disliked most of this episode, mostly cause I don't care about Roy and his constant rage fits..but that ending made up for everything...dayum Slade, you are savage.

agreed

side note: oliver has a kid out there...with an origin similar to Conner Hawke :3

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@spiderpiglives: I hope not because that girl didn't look half-black, half-Korean, or that interested in doing anything but a walk on role.

That was my main complaint. I can see how finding a half-black, half-Korean actress might be somewhat difficult (though really not that hard). But they could have at least picked one of the two rather than picking a regular white girl. I'm not one for caring much about the races of characters on TV or in comics, but that seems like a missed opportunity to add diversity while staying true to the source material.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Fallschirmjager

side note: I just realized something. This was one of Roy's best episodes acting wise...and its because he had 1 whole line.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

side note: I just realized something. This was one of Roy's best episodes acting wise...and its because he had 1 whole line.

lol agreed

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

lol agreed

was so hoping Sarah pulled that trigger...

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

lol agreed

was so hoping Sarah pulled that trigger...

I know right, he said "Just kill me" I was like "yes yes yes!!!!!!!!"

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By HushoftheWind

No Caption Provided

Maybe Sara's old friend is Wildcat.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#59  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Did they just set-up Connor Hawke?

That's a loose string that will be revisited, they'd be dumb not too.

woodimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Thea the only regular on the show who does NOT know Ollie's secret? I still think Quentin knows who he is, and we know every important villain so far knows as well. Feels like someone needs to sit him down with a list, like MJ did to Peter in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Wolverine008

Mr. Wilson for the win.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol dayum. I was hoping to see Mama Queen around some more. Thea is so goddamned annoying.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr Wilson for the win.

No Caption Provided

That death was beautiful. Slade recognizing her courage, putting away his gun and using his sword.

tears were shed on many levels.

@spiderpiglives said:

That's a loose string that will be revisited, they'd be dumb not too.

Keep in mind, the Flash back took place roughly 6-7 years ago. "Conner" is 5 or 6 given that. Not really a whole lot you can do with him personally (though obviously it can become a huge plot line for Oliver)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

lol dayum. I was hoping to see Mama Queen around some more. Thea is so goddamned annoying.

Why can't be a boss like her daddy?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I was kind of thinking that might be the case but Sara is no longer on good terms with the League and the fact that she left because of Ollie and her disagreeing over killing would make it odd for her to bring back the League to help Ollie

On a side note has the actress who plays Sara been moved up to a regular cast member yet?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@supbatz said:

@slamadams said:

@spiderpiglives: I hope not because that girl didn't look half-black, half-Korean, or that interested in doing anything but a walk on role.

That was my main complaint. I can see how finding a half-black, half-Korean actress might be somewhat difficult (though really not that hard). But they could have at least picked one of the two rather than picking a regular white girl. I'm not one for caring much about the races of characters on TV or in comics, but that seems like a missed opportunity to add diversity while staying true to the source material.

Maybe she's part Asian and just looks more like her white parent. Sure it doesn't allow for Connor to be part black but it is feasible to make him at least part Asian. I'm not saying that's how it is just trying to see all the possibilities.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode, looking forward to Connor showing up later on in the series

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sachmoo

I would give the episode, 4.9 stars haha. The Roy 'Rage' is kinda *Yawn* now. And while it served as engine for the episode, anything could have lead to that ending. Plus, the episode ended with Roy being in the same spot that he was when it started. Talk about a plot device.

That being said, it may not have been an imaginative way to advance the plot, but the writers are getting creative with ways to build towards the season end (and next season Conner Hawke?) without undercutting plot points.

Another thing racking my brain, Who is Black Canary gonna go see? I hope it isn't Merlyin as he has been organically placed back in the fold. Wildcat? Could she breakout Huntress for some birds of prey action?

My last thought; the way i see it, Its Deathstroke, his army and just my guess Roy vs. Ollie, Canary, Merlyn, Diggle, Deadshot and Bronze tiger. Im expecting Deathstroke gains 1 more ally. Is it the girl we see in the preview for next episode? My guess Isabel Rochev.

musim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Few predictions:

Thea as Speedy is going to happen. Roy is either going to be killed or go straight into Arsenal.

Sara is going to die. Laurel is going to be Black Canary but maybe not this season.

Malcom Merlyn is going to fight Deathstroke. He's going to come back to town because of Moira's death. He's going to fight Deathstroke because Deathstroke is going to go after Thea. This might mean she gets her initial training from Malcom for Speedy.

Arrow is going to be injected with the mirakuru to fix his knee and fight Deathstroke.

The cure for the mirakuru will be introduced and everyone will get cured.

Mirakuru is the substance of the Lazarus Pitt and the League of Shadows uses it.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#72  Edited By the_comebacks

Gripping episode. I don't know if I totally bought the Sarah and Olivier split up. I hope she comes back. She is a great Canary.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73  Edited By SupBatz

@farkam said:

Why can't be a boss like her daddy?

C'mon, guys. You gotta admit that her family gives her plenty of reasons to be a brat right now :P.

At this point, it feels like Oliver hasn't made a good judgment call in his entire life.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind:

Maybe Sara's old friend is Wildcat.

Hmm.... Now THIS would be awesome! This could be how Laurel learns to fight (after Sara introduces her sister to him, that is) so that in case anything happens to Sara so she can become Black Canary in her stead.

Interesting call, mon ami. Let's hope DC's listening.....

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KnightRise

Hell yeah they (may have) did!!! Accept he'd be like 10 lol. I'd hate to see Arrow go too science fiction-esque with artificial aging and the like.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderpiglives said:

Hell yeah they (may have) did!!! Accept he'd be like 10 lol. I'd hate to see Arrow go too science fiction-esque with artificial aging and the like.

more like 5 or 6.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise said:

@spiderpiglives said:

more like 5 or 6.

I wasn't watching that closely (*silences gasps*) so I assumed Ollie was in high school at that point.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@knightrise said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@knightrise said:

@spiderpiglives said:

more like 5 or 6.

I wasn't watching that closely (*silences gasps*) so I assumed Ollie was in high school at that point.

Naw. College. He was dating Laurel at the time and they were dating in their early 20's. The Flashbacks were approx 6-7 years prior to the current time. Take off the time for pregnancy and the kid is 5-6.

It would be hard to introduce him as a character until he was at least a teenager (without some weird thing happening to him). It could still be a plot device for Oliver, I just don't know how much you can do to make Conner show up.

Even if Oliver was 18 at the time...he's 27-29 on the show I believe. So again, it would take a several years even at that.

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They DID NOT mention the mother's name...not even in the credits...on IMDB Anna Hopkins is only listed as "The Mother"....I would love to see this be a DC character, or the baby be a DC character.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a time jump coming up between season two and three

When they introduced the idea of Ollie having a child, that is the exact same thought I had. I think we'll be seeing some time jumping in the next few seasons to set up this plot point. This was definitely them trying to have something to set up in the future, and I couldn't be more excited.

I still think we'll see a small hint of Ra's at the end of the very last episode this season, setting up for the next season. Merlyn'll show up and take Thea, and Ollie will go after after him, crossing paths with The League (or something to that effect.)

I couldn't help but wonder who the friend is that Sarah is going to visit? Is she going to get Nyssa maybe? I'd be totally okay and cool with that, loved that character.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#80  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome episode! Just when Moira was about to finish her words, "There's something you should know about Malcolm..." then CRASH! So good. Three more to go.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can i say that hasn't already been said? Just a fantastic episode. That ending scene was some Walking Dead crap right there. I didn't think Arrow would go that risky and dark but dang! Screw it i'll pase the review i made on a video and just get rid of any curse words.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED TO MOYRA! This show is so amazing. That was like the first time from tv i actually had my heart beat out of my chest! They handled it so well! In the beginning of the season i was sure she was going to be the one that died this season. Then they handled it so well to make no longer think she was going to die. I though it would end up being someone else dead.because they did such a good job at making us think it wouldn't be Moyra. Even during the scene when Slade put the gun away i was like "oh their not actually going to do it hu-" Slade pulls out the sword in no time shoves it through Moyras chest "HOLY S***!" The best part is they make it feel like a filler episode. A great filler episode at that! But they had it stray so much from the main plot with Slade. It was weird since there was only like 3 episodes left in the season to have on be kind of filler and stray away from the main plot. Then they wrap it all up and overall you just expect that to be the episode some Roy rage filler episode then boom the car crash and that f*****scene happens.

Such an amazing show take notes AOS. Although i will admit your last 3 episodes AOS have been good i doubt you can keep it going after the Hydra double agent arc it will probbably go back to being crap.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this show gets better and better. I love it so much :)

Friskynesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#84  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I actually was surprised that they killed Ollie's mom off. I had a feeling she would die in this season, but I was expecting it to be in the season finale. But having Slade put Ollie in the same position Ivo put Ollie in on the island...man, when I realized what he was doing I thought that was perfect. I also liked how they had Moria die on a high note, having revealed that she knew Ollie was Green Arrow and was proud of him, and showed that she loved her family enough to die for them. Great send off.

I also liked how they hinted at Slade possibly being crazy. That may be Ollie's edge in defeating Deathstroke.

I did find Sara's excuse to leave pretty weak. The whole "I love you to much to be with you" line was just complete bullcrap. I get what they were going for, having Sara go off on her own journey of self-discovery, but they could have handled it in a less cheesy manner.

Overall, this was an amazing episode.

92simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By 92simpson

Could it be that Merlin is the father to Moira children? It may have been what she was trying to say.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised they killed off a main cast member before the season finale. Because what do they do now? Change the main cast partway through the season?

The actress who played the character who may or may not be Sandra Hawke did not look caucasian at all to me. If anything, she looked like she was from India or somewhere around there, but I figured she could pass for a half-black, half-Korean.

As for the idea of Slade vs. Merlyn- I do think some sort of hero/ villain team-up is going to happen. However, isn't the League of Assassins hunting Merlyn now, so they certainly wouldn't help him. I think either Merlyn will team up with Ollie, and probably the Suicide Squad, to fight Slade, and/or Slade and Ollie, and possibly Merlyn, will team up to fight Ra's al Ghul and his League.

Also, did I see Rose Wilson in the preview for next week's episode? I know Jericho was name dropped once in season one. I had been thinking for a while they might bring him in to help ease Slade's rage. Heck, I don't think this is what's going to happen at all, but how cool would it be if it were Jericho that Sara was going to see?

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only liked the last 10 minutes of this episode as up to that point it was a pretty much paint by numbers setup.

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I can't be the only one who thought Sara leaving at the end felt annoyingly forced, can I? They just stopped Ollie from doing the exact same thing, like, 5 episodes ago!

God, Thea has been so insufferable for the past few episodes! Getting mad at people for hiding the fact that her father was a ruthless mass-murderer! To quote Dubbilex from "Young Justice", "some secrets have their place".

Oddly, I knew Roy would go to Blüdhaven. But I thought he would meet Nightwing, who would tell him to stop being such a prick. But I was still half-right.

I KNOW, RIGHT? I was totally geeking out!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.