Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Arrow Episode 309 - "The Climb"

• 133 results
    comicsdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By comicsdude

"Why does this keep happening to me?" #awesomeness

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The conversations leading up to the fight were hilarious. Ollie was speaking as if his fight with Ra's was just another Wednesday in Starling (Wasn't Brother Blood/Moira supposed to be correcting the name to Star City last season?). Very, very happy with Ra's and the fight scene. The gif by madeinbangladesh was spot on when he got stabbed. My comic book guy said Ollie was equal to Bruce in combat so he should beat Ra's. I smiled and continued my life because as we saw that's a silly thought.

Someone posted a joke a while ago that Ollie killed Sara in order to help Laurel become a better TV character. I laughed because even if it was only for a few minutes that guy was right.

I have some gripes with the show in general. If the Flash is an A+ then Arrow this season is a C-. Arrow comes off like they have arrived, like they are as rock solid as the simpsons. I wish they would keep in mind that they're still a CW show in year 3 and nothing is certain. The Flash is MUST SEE TV while Arrow this season has had trouble keeping my attention at points. Nothing kills a show more than giving someone a storyline that isn't interesting (Laurel) and ignoring people completely (Roy). What is Roy's role? Can Diggle do more Suicide Squad stuff and stop changing diapers?

Bottom line is that whatever Arrow is going for this year, it's missing the mark. Flash on the other hand is hitting upper deck homers every week. It's intriguing but considering what Flash is doing they HAVE to up their game or we won't see a season 5.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Man, this episode rocked. Talk about Ollie getting beaten by Ra's Al Ghul and not to mention Flash getting beaten by the Reverse-Flash. Two superior villains. Pure awesomeness.

Most likely, Oliver will come back from the dead due to the Lazarus Pit and have his memory erased. This could be the reason why Ra's Al Ghul wanted to kill Oliver so that he could use him in suicide missions. Or that Oliver will be saved by Katana's husband, taken to the Lazarus Pit in another location besides Ra's Al Ghul's, waiting to recover and then escape to Starling City or fight Ra's Al Ghul again. Those are my guesses.

The Lazarus Pit could also hint how Malcolm Meryln came back to life. Maybe Malcolm had one of his men took his dead body and get thrown into the Lazarus Pit hidden somewhere in Malcolm's mansion. This is a theory.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else looking at Amell's arms up there...?

Good god.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

- WHY DID YOU BUY QUEEN CONSOLIDATED?!?

- Well...cause it was for sale?

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

IS it just me or do you guys also hate mid season finale's? So annoying. Wait a month and a half, why?

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think it sucks that we probably won't see Thea fight alongside Team Arrow as Speedy due to conflict between her and Laurel as Black Canary. But I can't wait to see them both in costumes!!! As for Ray...I'm just glad they went with him instead of Ted. I don't think I could handle seeing Ted in all of this love triangle nonsense...

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By AbramDaAwesome
    @harryvine said:

The conversations leading up to the fight were hilarious. Ollie was speaking as if his fight with Ra's was just another Wednesday in Starling (Wasn't Brother Blood/Moira supposed to be correcting the name to Star City last season?). Very, very happy with Ra's and the fight scene. The gif by madeinbangladesh was spot on when he got stabbed. My comic book guy said Ollie was equal to Bruce in combat so he should beat Ra's. I smiled and continued my life because as we saw that's a silly thought.

Someone posted a joke a while ago that Ollie killed Sara in order to help Laurel become a better TV character. I laughed because even if it was only for a few minutes that guy was right.

I have some gripes with the show in general. If the Flash is an A+ then Arrow this season is a C-. Arrow comes off like they have arrived, like they are as rock solid as the simpsons. I wish they would keep in mind that they're still a CW show in year 3 and nothing is certain. The Flash is MUST SEE TV while Arrow this season has had trouble keeping my attention at points. Nothing kills a show more than giving someone a storyline that isn't interesting (Laurel) and ignoring people completely (Roy). What is Roy's role? Can Diggle do more Suicide Squad stuff and stop changing diapers?

Bottom line is that whatever Arrow is going for this year, it's missing the mark. Flash on the other hand is hitting upper deck homers every week. It's intriguing but considering what Flash is doing they HAVE to up their game or we won't see a season 5.

Ollie written well is equal to batman in combat, this fight was jobbing at it's finest when you look at the fight you can tell Ollie's form was off he was throwing himself out too much

the main reason he lost was becuase it would be pretty boring to have the main villain of the season lose halfway through and it opens up the option to explore the secondary characters while Ollie is MIA

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Felicity: "I don't doubt that you can beat him, I doubt that you'll kill him"

Me: "HAHAHAHA, beat Ra's"

Looby_Loo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Looby_Loo
    No Caption Provided

beast1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about filicity? her story arc is starting to develop from her secret origin first title ORACLE, in this universe she 's starting to become ORACLE , she's helping the arrow, sometimes helping the flash, now ray palmer is asking her about his vision for the A.T.OM., she's becoming the hacker for the superheroes.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This season has been disappointing to me. The use of Ra's Al Ghul bothers me, because it feels like the writers cannot make a good villain and just use Ra's because his reputation as a Batman villain. They are overselling Felicity way too much this season. Ninja Thea is ridicoulous.

I would like for the show to get better it was a rough opening. Maybe it's time to get rid of some of the series regulars.

In all fairness, it's not like Green Arrow has a recognized Rogues Gallery. I don't think it was so much his status as a Batman Villain, but his reputation period. Hell, he's a lesser known villain to most of the general audience, I think. He doesn't really stand out in Batmans' Rogues.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Maseo is alive. But why do I feel Tatsu is going to come to Starling with an attitude?

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ra's and olli fight was like thea and olli fight

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

So far so good. And if they are going to bring in something like ATOM then I don't see why the Lazarus Pits won't be brought into play.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#118 frozen  Moderator
    Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that was an ending I didn't see coming.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I watched this episode on the 20th January, just so I could watch the next episode the day after.

Such a good episode, about time things started to pick up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not bad at all. The fight between Oliver and Ra's was handled superbly with Ra's always looking the superior even when he had no weapon. A extremely solid episode and a shame we have to wait almost a month for the next episode.

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the ending. I feel like they are going into too many comic book cliches with the way they are going to have to explain the ending either Oliver survived the wound and fall or he gets thrown into a lazarus pit

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the reason why he's one of my favorite T.V actors

Kuyamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was quite the CLIFF-hanger...eh? eh?

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abramdaawesome: I'm going to pretend you just didn't equate Ollie to Bruce in combat. Didn't you see the pic that Amell himself posted? Even he knows he's not Bruce Wayne. As always, I appreciate the enthusiasm but let's not get it twisted when we compare people to Bruce. Superman looks up to Bruce and barely knows who Oliver is. Since we're having silly arguments, who would you rather have: LeBron or Jordan?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 the_stegman  Moderator
    godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By godzilla44
    Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I knew Maseo would show up in the present as a villain! And I KNEW that Thea killed Sara! (in fact, I think Malcom was lying about the mind control)

First Professor Zoom, now Ra's al Ghul made Ollie look like a punk! Say whatever you want about Marvel shows, but DC shows have incredibly badass villains!

Also, what's with the pointless OMAC easter egg? Shouldn't they save that for something Batman-related? Like Bruce replacing the satellite that was smashed in Man of Steel?

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harryvine: I've read every issue of new 52 batman up to the middle of zero year (been slacking due to lack of funds) plus every new 52 issue of green arrow and their combat is pretty much equal, superman himself said never underestimate the underdog when referring to Ollie in the new 52, he was recruited to the JlA because they believe he can take out batman, and in the pre new 52 he stalemated batman in h2h

That pic was from meme Monday where he has his fans caption pics (liked him of Facebook)

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harryvine: Lebron or Jordan?

Trick question the correct answer is Jackie Moon(Google it)

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade comes back and fights Ra's to the death..........dun dUN DUN!!!

ps, Great episode.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Gracetrack

@amajordoubter said:

Utterly fantastic episode. Unlike apparently some, I have legitimately been enjoying this season.

I have been enjoying this season too. Honestly, it has been very refreshing after Season 2's dark and utterly depressing tone. Season 2 was great, mind you, but I've actually been enjoying Season 3 just as much.

And it's only going to keep getting better from here on out. :)

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt that everything beyond the Thea/Oliver/Ra's parts were kind of slow, mainly because I kept waiting for the duel at the end.

HOLY COW! That was amazing.

I agree about the Lazarus Pits as well. Ra's said he killed his first person at 11, and hasn't been challenged to a duel in over 67 years. That would make him... 78 years old chronologically, but clearly he is only a man of 40-50 years old.

Still, that ending with the whole stabby bit and the shove off the cliff? I was not expecting that... at all.

Amazing ending to a pretty good episode. I agree with the 4 star review, but that was one hell of a season finale.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.