Follow

Arrow #203

Arrow » Arrow #203 - Broken Dolls released by DC Comics on October 23, 2013.

Arrow "Broken Dolls"

• 67 results
    KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KingAres109
    hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The show has been ok for me, but I'm afraid the Black Canary is going to receive the same threatment that the Huntress did. They are going to take a superheroine and turn her into a murderer.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#53  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

why don't they just make a Batman show????!!!!!....it's pretty clear that is what they wanted to do instead of this....everyone on the show could easily be replaced with a Batman character and no one could bat (hehe puns) an eye

Ollie/Bruce

Diggle/Alfred

Felicity/Barbara

Laural/Vicki Vale

Detective Lance/Commissioner Gordon

and they're using pretty much all of Batman's villains also

It's pretty obvious that they're going for a Batman-vibe, I really didn't mind it so much as I've been enjoying the show so far, but now it's getting slightly annoying. I also didn't mind them borrowing a few Batman villains like Deadshot as he really fits well as a Green Arrow villain, but I'm a little annoyed with the introduction of Ra's al Ghul into the mix. Unless Batman is going to appear sometime soon, I really don't like them bringing Ra's into this as it just feels lazy.

Also...

Loading Video...

It's really not that hard to pronounce... -__-

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54 the_stegman  Moderator

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was that they gave "The Canary" a sonic device instead of a scream. I have no idea how they are going to introduce The Flash into this universe if they're so afraid to use superpowers...or real superhero names for that matter.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By feedonatreefrog

These first few episodes of season 2 have been much better than season 1.

This episode was amazing.

So many plotlines. Great directing choices. Great VFX.

---

who wants to bet that the island is important because it houses a Lazarus pit?

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayso4201: It's her 'dead sister'. And the characters name is The Canary. [I should take a shot every time I have to tell someone this]

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many 52 nods.... I can already tell. Bethany Snow and Channel 52 are infinitely better than the comic book version. LOL

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These first few episodes of season 2 have been much better than season 1.

This episode was amazing.

So many plotlines. Great directing choices. Great VFX.

---

who wants to bet that the island is important because it houses a Lazarus pit?

that is what i Thought, what could those guys be looking on that island and I think that the dead bodies were for testing it.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gracetrack

@eivion said:

Best episode this season so far. Still, I have to wonder why they are obsessed with turning Ollie into Batman.

It was a great episode. And yes, it does feel like they are still trying a little too hard to make Ollie be like Batman while he's wearing the hood.

For the most part, though, I feel like they have done a pretty good job. However, I don't really like that they are using so many Batman villains.

Oh well, I'm just glad Ollie isn't killing people anymore. (Ugh, but then again... now it seems they've turned Canary into a heartless murderer too.)

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Excellent use of horror technique this episode to make the Dollmaker scary in a real world sense and not just a comicbook.

cheap plug to user review

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@batpala:

Sorry don't get too drunk, like I said I started watching it last year but fell off. I tried looking it up but couldn't find much. So if I remember correctly were they twins? Is the same actress playing both parts? Was the mom Canary first? Inquisitive I know.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt like the episode overtly much, was ok i suppose. The references were actually pretty cool.

BTW does anyone know who was the ninja at the end?

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By batpala

@jayso4201: They have a different actress playing Sara; Caity Loitz, the other actress has a role on Bold & The Beautiful so she didn't have enough time to film so they recast it. Sara is Laurel's younger sister and much more self destructive. Her mother was never Canary [which is upsetting because I was gunning for some flashbacks of her being Canary at some point, but oh well.] ANd thats perfectly fine. I like straightening things out for people. :)

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batpala: And you did wonderfully (clear that up), I plan on trying to pick it back up so thanks for catching me up it is much appreciated. ;}

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayso4201: No problems at all. The Lance family is wonderful, by far the best thing on Arrow.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This was a very interesting episode.I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for the next episode because of the reference in the end that just got me too excited.

girzaznot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This one was the best yet! This season feels more like a comic book than a traditional CW show. I noticed the 52 reference multiple times, I kind of thought it was used too much.

NOTE: This is just a theory. Why is everyone saying that The Canary is Laurel's sister Sarah? I originally thought that The Canary was Summer Glau's character, Isabel Rochev, This would make more sense than Sarah Lance, in my opinion, because she obviously is an important character and we haven't seen her in a few episodes. But then I checked IMDB and that was not the case.

Overall this is was awesome and looks promising for the rest of the season.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm not enjoying this season much at all.

• Oliver's Mother possibly getting the death penalty is completely retarded.
    • Laurel is annoying the hell out of me with her flimsy motivations and melodrama.
    • I'm really hoping the police force is being controlled by a bad guy, as the only other explanation is that they are dangerously incompetent halfwits with no ability to prioritise and no interest in actually protecting the public at all.

Show needs Malcolm Merlyn to return, or Slade to be brought into the present day sections.

Also they mispronounced Ra's Al Ghul's name.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Loved the Ra's Al Ghul name drop! I've thought he'd be the perfect villain for the show since it was revealed that Fyres was working for someone back on the island. I love were this show is going! Also, did anyone else notice that the boat had the word "AMAZO" written across the back? I thought it was pretty obvious, but no ones mentioning it here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.