Follow

Arkham City

Location » Arkham City appears in 108 issues.

Within the Rocksteady games continuity, a section of Gotham where all the criminals are locked in, creating a new version of Arkham Asylum as a "city."

Off My Mind: Going Beyond Arkham City—What Other Characters Should Get a Game?

• 150 results
    akawiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By akawiccan

@spiderturtle said:

I was just thinking of a Superman (Arkham City) feel type game. Fly through Metropolis, instead of Batarangs, laser vision, and instead of the cape stunning, freeeeze breathe. Etc etc

That would be so amazing!

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By mattwing87

@zackattack529: I agree with you. The movie game Green Lantern wasn't bad but GL are supposed to make constructs that are unlimited to their mind's desire. It would be hard to do that in a game. The GL movie game had a few constructs that you could upgrade though but they were ok.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Hit_Monkey

An Aquaman game would be awesome. 

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By perry_411

Isn't Atrocitus the perfect character for a game? Long back story. could have DLC featuring his lantern enemies doing missions.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Static Shock

Nightwing should definitely get his own game. He had a lot of time on his hands in Bludhaven. A game centered around him and that city would be pretty cool.

Thusian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Thusian

How about a Planet Hulk game with God of War style mechanics. The location makes Hulk vulnerable to enemies, but still powerful.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'd love to see a Red Hood DLC. Adding the gunplay into the fighting mechanic would make for some unique gameplay.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58  Edited By Neverpraying

Everyone says SUPERMAN! but honestly how can anyone make a superman game most people are happy with? Sure Rocksteady is a great studio but in a superman game you'd either feel over powered or underpowered which is kind of eh.

Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Migz13

hmmm.... kinda hard to decide where they should start.

A HUGE part why Arkham Asylum and City work is because they're both Batman-centric games.

Let's face it... there's no one like Batman. Being a superhero without ANY super powers makes him interesting, in the sense

that it makes him limited and more exciting to pit especially against almost insurmountable odds. In short... he's not boring.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By LordRequiem

I think a powerful hero could work if they had a damaged psyche or something along those lines, they cannot unleash their full potential until towards the ends of the game, throughout which they must battle their inner demons, LITERALLY, and come to terms with what they are etc.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61  Edited By Rixec

I'd love to see a Blue Beetle III game. I know what you're thinking: How can he be any different from Superman considering the kind of power he has? Well, here's how: Jaime has plenty of awesome enemies like La Dama, making him deal with gangs and magic and the Reach, making his battles more intergalactic. Plus, the scarab wants to conquer the earth, so the game could also have us not having very good control of his powers at first and we have to train and move on in the game to get a better handle on them.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bluefox170

Deathstroke for sure, the character has a perfect formula for a video game. A killer for hire, could be free roam. Just like his book with a good story you could take up contracts on heroes and villains alike and use THAT money to purchase upgrades, safehouses, weapons etc. Always finding a way to stay 10 steps ahead of your target.

Scodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Scodiac

I think Green Arrow(or other ranged attackers like him) would be the easiest hero(es) to translate into a video game. You'd, basically, just have to make a shooter. Special Arrow attacks and a decent melee combat system. Maybe add a stealth element. With all the different arrows it could be like a sandbox type of approach to combat. The player gets to choose how to approach each battle. Could be cool.

I wish they'd do more comic book hero games. Wait, no I don't. They do quite a few and they usually suck. Arkham Asylum and City are the rare exceptions.

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AlphaZro

any game with anyone else in the bat-family would feel like a clone of Arkham games, except a Catwoman game since you could focus that her thievery exploits.

A Superman game could work with the proper story in place, which you would get if Paul Dini stays on to write it since he has experience translating that character and his world from Comics to other media, and you de-power him like they did in the animated series so that he can work his way up to his comic power set.

I would actually like to see a wonder woman game only because the honey from paradise never gets much love other than in the comics.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By SpidermanWins

Deathstroke game and a Deadpool solo game would be great.

sueesidale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sueesidale

nightwing , deadpool and daredevil would work so well , but makeing daredevil differnt to batman is the hard part

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ShockTrooper

They should make a flash video game.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CODYSF

The future for DC game looks bright and beautiful but for Marvel there at the floor getting kick with crappy game cause Sega makes them and Activision.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Personally for me I think they should adapt the formula they used for Asylum and City and put it to use for a Superman game. It can be done, and unlike most Superman games in the past I believe this can be a game done right for a change.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#70  Edited By Teerack

If they added dlc campains for Jason Todd and Stephine Brown I'd buy them.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ThomasElliot

Ah. I don't think some of you really read the article.

I agree with Tony-G... just because Rocksteady has made the best Batman games ever, does not mean this would translate well for other characters. It does not mean that Rocksteady would be able to pull off a great Superman or Justice League game.

You have to consider what Rocksteady got right: The fight mechanics, gadgets, stealth and storytelling.

Superman does not kung-fu fight... doesn't need gadgets, and isn't very stealthy. Supeman games have alwasy been harder to do than other heroes though.

Sticking w/ the theme and mechanics Rocksteady has set... obviously any of the Bat-family characters would do well. They could probably pull off a good Blue Beetle game too. But why just DC? The Arkham blueprint would work GREAT for Deadpool, Punisher, or even Wolverine.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Skaddix

Bat Fam: Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Red Hood, Robin/Batgirl and Azrael would be my choices.

Green Arrow seems to be the most direct non batman idea.

Or Hawkman could be good that archaeology angle could make for some good threats.

A God of War Style, Wonder Women would be great.

Others maybe a Teen Titans.

Also Static Shock and Blue Beetle III spring to mind. Although the groundwork for that comes from Infamous.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dedpool

A Deathstroke game would actually be pretty cool, as would a Nightwing game. I say larger roles for both Robin and Nightwing in an Arkham City sequel that shows the differences between the three other than just their fighting skills (Batman's strength, and all around balance, Nightwing's agility and martial arts, Robin's detective skills and martial arts and reach). A Daredevil game could easily be done but it shoudl be a mix between the Arkham games and the Beenox Spiderman games. A new Punisher game would work very well, and it'd be a mix of third person action and 1st person shooting (you could switch views like Elder Scrolls). As a fan I'd love to see a Deadpool game but wouldn;t even know where to begin. Lastly building on the engine from the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" game, craft a game based on the comics, lets hit up Japan, Madripor, and Genosha to name a few. @Thusian- THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA!!!!!

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they make a superman game like the smallville series than yea it MAY work or if they made a superman game kinda like arhkam but with the premise to where if lois is in trouble at the same time as someone else and yet theres no time to save them both and clark chooses to save lois and the other victim dies and you lose points and that it starts to way so heavy on his mind that it affects his powers then again maybe but then again it would be hard either way simply bc Supes is a god among men so he seems overpowered at times. But as for Tim and Dick well Nightwings game may seem a bit to much like batman and so would Tim except he's a lil more darker than bruce ever was a made apparent in his series but he doesnt have enough villans. Yet as for Red hood and azarel the developers may not know exactly how to start. in my opinon though maybe they should find a charcter who's exactly like batman yet a very diffrent and although Tim and jason may fit this to perfection the game would be kind of short and as for Nightwing the main problem would be that he seems just like a mini batman even though he's one of my favorite charcters along with Tim. Tim and Jason need a better storyline before they can geet there own game. However if one of these two did get a game i'd love to see a confrontation with batman in the game bc of there methods

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Or35ti

Any superhero game with the same level of depth as Batman: Arkham would be amazing <3 . I say do what Marvel is doing with their movies. If they can make a Superman and a Green Lantern game and so on until they have enough for a Justice League that would just be a dream come true.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By Kairan1979

It could be interesting to see the game based on Vigilante. The main character is going after the crime syndicates with various weaponry, while dodging the police, SWAT and the "normal" heroes like Batman.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77  Edited By kennybaese

A Superman game would be incredibly difficult. The thing that makes the Batman: Arkham games so great is the fact that they make you feel like the Batman. To make the player feel like Superman, you'd need to be invincible and more powerful than anything they'd be able to throw at you as a player. The only way they could make it work would be to have Darkseid invade earth, like mentioned above, but they'd have to make the game have a global feel or something, which would be a nightmare and incredibly expensive. Given Superman's lukewarm reputation with the general public, it's not likely that anyone would want to take the risk of making that game and having it fail.

Also mentioned before, Green Arrow would be pretty great. They could even tie it into the Arkham games by giving Batman a cameo. Once again, the biggest problem is that Green Arrow, regardless of the quality of the character, he's not a very popular one, so making that game would be a big risk.

I think a Flash game could be interesting. They'd have to limit the speed of the character to make him playable, but you could still be really really fast. Split the game between CSI type investigations as Barry Allen and hunting down the Rogues as the Flash and you've got a nice balance between puzzley stuff and action.

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

Pretty sure somebody mentioned it before but Green Arrow would be the most feasible comic book game to make next. Can't fly, no real powers except for his archery skills, sidekicks to spice up the gameplay. Only problem would be marketing a character like Oliver. The only time the general non-comic reading public would've seen him was in the Justice League Animated Series which would make the game hard to sell

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By Bestostero

Birds of Prey for sure! :)

Justice League would be awesome too, lots of them can probably have a good solo game if done right.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Sammo21

The Green Lantern movie game was a good basis, but honestly I want to see a really good Captain America game.

@Pauldro: I am hoping that

the numbers stations you find have to do with Jason Todd...but I doubt it does.
    Avatar image for fantasticmrinvisibletorchthing
    FantasticMrInvisibleTorchThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, or Daredevil, or Fantastic Four.

Darkmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Darkmarvel

Daredevil anyone? with cameos by Elektra, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man, Bullseye, The Hood and his gang...Marvel NYC...Hells Kitchen to be exact would be awesome if done by rocksteady!!

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GrimoireMyst

A Justice League game where characters try to solve the story from different perspectives using their unique abilities.

P.S: Here is a funny little comic for those who are playing the game and agree. lol

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/26496/arkham-city-priorities#email_overlay

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By The Average Bear

An open-world Flash game would be really awesome. Maybe a Silver Surfer game?

halfshellhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85  Edited By halfshellhero

I think a cool concept would be that you have a deep, interesting and complex game like Arkham City with a number of heroes to begin with, but you can unlock more heroes to go through the story for multiple playthroughs. Then DLC could be more missions and different characters. It would be a modular game so if you liked the game in terms of mechanics and story, you could play it again from someone else's POV using a different powerset. This might already be a thing seeing as I actually haven't played the game ><

I think an interesting character would be someone like Nova or Green Lantern. You have the entire universe to play around with and they have cool power sets.

Avatar image for crimson_nutcase
    Crimson_Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Crimson_Nutcase

I would like a single player Super Hero RPGY thing, where you make your own character and pick your own powers

no its not very likely to happen but meh

Sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sparklykiss

This news article doesn't focus enough on Nightwing.

Just a fact.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a "Legion of Super Heroes" game, honestly. They have a diverse selection of powers, and they could easily be adapted into an adventure game with combat elements.

Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Neuron

Of course a Superman version of AA or AC would work; it would just depend on fitting the action to who Superman is. Batman is a detective and a real ground-level fighter, thus his activities in these two games have been based on detection, stealth, and brawling. A Rocksteady game starring Superman would make a lot of sense, depending on the storyline. Imagine this: Luthor/Darkseid/Brainiac or some combination thereof create a kryptonite storm focused on Metropolis (or a section of it, mirroring the Asylum or Arkham City). Clark gets de-powered and it would be suicidal for him to change into Superman. He stays in character as Clark and has maybe two or three powers to start with; collecting and disposing of the kryptonite pieces make him stronger (in other words, he gains experience), giving him back power after power. The gameplay would be quite similar to AA and AC, just with a wider spread of difficulty in the enemies from beginning to end. Clark would focus on stealth while around citizens, using super-speed (by slowing down the surrounding environment) and heat vision protecting his identity while still coping with the loss of most of his powers. I think the ability to change into Superman at will in order to *attract* attention would become as important as Batman's stealth abilities. It can definitely be done.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#90  Edited By The Impersonator

Come on, Batman. Look over here. I know you want to see them. MEEEOOOW!

Space Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Space Demon

Blade might be good... martial arts, shooting, some fairly fancy gadgets, human enemies, demonic enemies, detective work as in tracking and interrogation, has a bunch of movies to back its making etc...

Daredevil is similar to batman with the whole ninja detective thing but are his villains as interesting as batman's???

How about a detective game based on The Question similar to L.A Noire maybe.

And although he is even more less known, how about Longshot? i am imagining some prince of persia style agility, batman martial arts, a futuristic world full of all sorts and his psychometry would be an interesting touch for a game.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By fox01313

I'd go with the Arkham City DLC for a Batgirl (babs) & Batwoman characters. For a full game, Deadpool or Wonder Woman would be a good pick.

Diamondblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Diamondblade

If we are talking about playing as villains, It would be fun, to see a Gotham Crime Tycoon game :D You create a villain, or a maffia boss, hire men, running the buisness, trapping heroes, defend and HIDE your hideout. style your gangsters' outfit, train them, hire superhuman bodyguards, assasins, etc....

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#94  Edited By sladewilson30

A Superman RPG game similar to this with all his villains would be cool. Green Arrow, Etrigan, Zatanna, Hawkman, or the Spectre would also be cool to have their own games.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95  Edited By TheMess1428

@CapedCrusaider: Yeah I know about that game. They should make a new one and make it BETTER.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CODYSF

@perry_411:

Well yeah Rocksteady only got a contract with Warner Bros and they own the DC license while Marvel is in the gutter with company like Sega and Activision making there games so I hope for a Deathstroke or a Superman game in the future.

blackluster0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By blackluster0

I'd Like to see some Jason Todd/ Red Hood action. I'm just worried that with any hero/villain that uses Guns it becomes either a generic 3rd person or 1st person shooter. Nowadays we hold these genres to much higher standards, they can't get by on the Shooting aspect alone. They have to introduce a very fresh element to it such as Splinter Cell's fast paced stealth or Gears competitive and cooperative modes in addition to being a shooter.

Avatar image for kaelenthebloody
    kaelenthebloody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By kaelenthebloody

batman beyond would make an awesome game bring will back to be terry and kevin as bruce the banter they had in the show would play out well in a game and i think the rouges gallery would be interesting plus his ability to fly wouldnt feal as easy if his boosters had a limit coupled with how tall the buildings in neo gotham are

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

bludhaven is in arkham city. many of the thugs say they would rather be there than in AC.

xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By xobballox

Man, a Deathstroke game would be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.