Batman: Arkham City Lockdown App Trailer

#1 Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Press Release:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced that theBatman: Arkham City Lockdown App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store. Based on DC Comics’ core Batman license, the app brings the Batman: Arkham City™ franchise, one of the most highly acclaimed and best-selling videogame releases of 2011, to the App Store for the first time featuring stunning graphics and original combat gameplay created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

Developed by NetherRealm Studios, creators of Mortal Kombat, Batman: Arkham City Lockdown features several of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, including The Joker, Two-Face and Solomon Grundy, as well as iOS-exclusive character Deathstroke, and engages players in one-on-one combat as they seek justice in a variety of Arkham City environments.

“We here at NetherRealm Studios are huge fans of Batman: Arkham City, and we were very excited to develop Batman: Arkham City Lockdown to extend the franchise experience to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The app delivers a different take on Batman gameplay in which players must combat against some of the fan favorite villains in Arkham City.”

Batman: Arkham City Lockdown takes advantage of AirPlay, one of the newly released features in iOS 5, enabling players to wirelessly stream their gameplay experience on their iPad2 or iPhone 4S to their HDTV using Apple TV.

The Batman: Arkham City Lockdown App is available for $5.99 from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or atwww.itunes.com/appstore.

Fans can also find us at https://www.facebook.com/batmanarkhamcity and http://twitter.com/#!/arkhamcitynews where they can view the latest Batman: Arkham City news and assets.

Staff
#2 Posted by Leviticus128 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting and I have faith in Netherealm to make a good game, will definatly check it out

#3 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY ISN'T DEATHSTROKE ON THE CONSOLE VERSION!?!

#4 Posted by HolyAvenger (43 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to release this on the Nintendo 3DS

#5 Posted by kennybaese (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@hydrabob said:

Probably sitting on him as a DLC character or something. Or maybe NetherRealm just wanted to use him for funsies. He is kind Mortal Kombatish.

#6 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

@walkingcarpet said:

@hydrabob said:

Probably sitting on him as a DLC character or something. Or maybe NetherRealm just wanted to use him for funsies. He is kind Mortal Kombatish.

Well, it would have been nice to have fought a big villain that is actually Batman's size.

#7 Posted by NightFang (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Leviticus128 said:

Looks interesting and I have faith in Netherealm to make a good game, will definatly check it out

#8 Posted by ThomasElliot (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@hydrabob:

Technically there is no 'console version' of this game, and this is not a portable version of the console/PC game. Entirely different game.

Hey, Arkham City did include a Deadshot storyline and slight reference to The Creeper, so I'll take that for a fanboy consolation prize.

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw the Netherrealm studios logo, I thought Scorpion or Sub-Zero were going to be surprise guests.

But anyway, Deathstroke...yeah, man. That's awesome!

#10 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot: Deadshot=/= Deathstroke.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is in this because he was in MK vs DC, and Netherrealm developed this game. I think....I added this game in GiantBomb yesterday! lol

#12 Posted by Hit_Monkey (882 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't mind Deathstroke as a DL character sometime soon.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Need to see a gameplay trailer before I get my hopes up in my experience Games like this are awful on Iproducts

#14 Posted by Zuckuss_02 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

They should a Nightwing DLC mission pack ala Catwoman for the console version where he goes after Deathstroke. Then hopefully they can also finally give him a voice.

Then make another mission DLC with Robin

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice. Is it me though, or did anyone else wanna see Bats deliver that axe-hammer blow to Grundy's head I think it would have rocked...maybe not done much but it would still have rocked.

#16 Posted by spideybigtime (74 posts) - - Show Bio

This totally caught me by surprise! I didn't even see this coming! Sure, I thought it would be cool if "console" games came to the app store but I didn't expect the best game of the year, Batman arkham city to be the first! I am so getting this!

#17 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zuckuss_02 said:

They should a Nightwing DLC mission pack ala Catwoman for the console version where he goes after Deathstroke. Then hopefully they can also finally give him a voice.

Then make another mission DLC with Robin

what he said!!!!

#18 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, after seeing that neatherrealm studios made this, they definately can have joker as a special character for 360 owners for their next mortal kombat game

#19 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hit_Monkey said:

Wouldn't mind Deathstroke as a DL character sometime soon.

I second that! Though I believe Deathstroke should be used for something HUGE. Like a game of his own or being used as a primary playable character or main antagonist in a massive batman DLC.

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15179 posts) - - Show Bio

@hydrabob said:

@walkingcarpet said:

@hydrabob said:

Well, it would have been nice to have fought a big villain that is actually Batman's size.

Yup,that's my biggest problem with the Arkham games.The Ra's al Ghul fight was the only one where skill was used.

I miss the good old days,when you could beat a villain after a grueling fight.Now it's all about technique/game play mechanics.The moment you discover a weakness you keep repeating it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.