Follow

Arkham City

Location » Arkham City appears in 108 issues.

Within the Rocksteady games continuity, a section of Gotham where all the criminals are locked in, creating a new version of Arkham Asylum as a "city."

Batman: Arkham City 'Batman Skins' PS3 Contest Giveaway [UPDATE]

• 85 results
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kennybaese

@trekjabber said:

I'd like an earth-one Batman. It would be a great way to flesh out the new world with new takes on all the villians and supporting characters. It would be great to actually tie the game to the comics in a similar way that was done with Ultimate Spider-Man.

I totally just got that that suit was from the Geoff Johns / Gary Frank graphic novel. I've been wondering where they got that suit design for forever and a half at this point.

I think, from a game design perspective, Sinestro Batman wouldn't really work. The cool things about the Lantern Rings (I totally did that on purpose :P) is that fact that they can make anything the wearer wants, which is impossible to do in a video game. Granted, you can contextualize it in the story by explaining these are the things that Batman would make with one of these rings, but ultimately, the constructs would just replace the gadgets and you'd get a game that was very similar to the last.

Batman Beyond could be pretty cool because you'd get a whole new aesthetic with Neo Gotham. They'd have to give that game a completely different look, which would be rad. Combine that with the different things the Beyond suit can do and the different way that Terry would handle himself in a fight and you've got a pretty good formula for a game, I think.

Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns could be cool as well if for no other reason than the fact that Bruce wouldn't have the support staff that he has in the current games, so he'd have to do a whole lot more on his own. It'd make the games feel way more solitary.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By BatteredArmor

Uh uh I aint gettin suckered into another freaking giveaway. nuh uh no way BlackArmors been there before and it aint pretty

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By Gambit1024

@Grim said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Grim: I can't tell if you're agreeing with me :/

am. i most certainly am.

Ok XD

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By QuantomMan

Batman Beyond Skin: A game featured on Batman in his growing years, before Terry would take the mantle. The game could have guest appearances of Tim Drake and Dick Grayson in their retired state and perhaps some replacement members of the JLA. Future tech would be exciting to see (such as the flying Batmobile and rocket jet boots, camoflauge mode, etc) The older Bruce Wayne still fighting the war on crime would allow an interesting plot, perhaps allowing Terry to be found during the campaign and Bruce training him. Batman Beyond would be a exciting game to play due to it being outside the norm approach and setting.

mr.drac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By mr.drac

:( I'm reading all these and there is no way i can compete with this logic. But I think that a Batman Beyond game would be awesome, like others said it could introduce a ton more characters, It would be a different dynamic to the Bat-Franchise and I think it would be awesome to play as a wise cracking batman.

mr.drac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mr.drac
    @thephantomstranger: you mean like this costume: http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/news/latest/item/218-a-thank-you-from-batman-arkham-city#
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By SoA

I would say the Batman Beyond skin because i think he(McGinnis) is due for his own game , I love the Batman Beyond universe (still waiting on a JLA Beyond comic/show). the skin is also completely different from the other skins: the cowl covers the entire face , no cape , and looks a lot more intimidating. Plus you get to envision yourself as Terry McGinnis! This skin is my favorite, Sinestro Corp close second, only because he won't be able to use the ring and create constructs in the game(one can dream...)

mruboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mruboy

Animated Batman: Because the animated series is where Kevin Conroy began voicing Batman, and it's appropriate that this game, which reunites some of the series' cast, can take on a bit more of the aesthetic of the series with this skin.

rx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rx7

The reason I think that rocksteady made a Batman TAS skin is to pay tribute to the series, seeing as the majority of the cast is from that series. Batman TAS has such a big impact in the Batman universe, it would make sense for them to create a skin where you can, in a sense, "reenact" episodes from the show just to bring back the Saturday morning cartoon feeling. Plus it looks pretty cool haha!

Avatar image for unstuckintime318
    unstuckintime318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By unstuckintime318

Year One Batsuit - You could start the game after the events of the comic. The game could be about taking down the mob and the corrupt officers on the GCPD. I think that it would make for interesting gameplay to have limited abilities as batman that progress throughout the game. The game could then end with the opening of Arkham Asylum. It would be amazing.

afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By afierce

My Entry!

I'm going to go with the Earth One Batman skin - or as I like to call it, the Batman Inc skin. Why? We've had an amazing Asylum spanning Batman game, an amazing city spanning Batman game, and next I'd love to see an incredible GLOBAL spanning Batman game based on Batman Inc! I would love to play as the many members of that team around the world with their unique abilities. Nightrunner, Batwing, Man-of-Bats! All facing something BIG that only Batman Inc. could take down!

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KidSupreme

@Gambit1024: I agree with you! That would be an awesome game for us adults ...

They should have also made the Adam West Batman, with a little pot belly it would have been pretty cool :D

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63  Edited By cobra88king8

Sinestro Corps Skin- Think about it. Being able to fly around and taje on detective cases IN SPACE! It would be a fun new environment to deal with and would be a take most people wouldn't expect. It would also be a good way to test the waters at doing a Green Lantern Game.

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Watcherg6

Gambit1024 is right, a 60's Batman Game would cool!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By Gambit1024

@KidSupreme: @Watcherg6: Right?? Adam West's Batman was awesome.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By dewboy01

Sinestro Corps Batman? What happen to Green Lantern Batman?

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhh...I Uh...couldn't follow the link...yeah...dammit...

alphaomegasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By alphaomegasin

Batman Beyond would be my obvious choice for turning into a big time game. Granted they did awhile ago during the PS1/N64 era but this could be the game fans deserve assuming it's done by the folks at Rocksteady.

Arkham City proved that they can handle a relatively open world, this is something that Batman Beyond would need. An expansive canvas for the player to fly about. I would go with a cel shading look to really bring in an authentic feel to the game as if you're seeing the show brought to life. Recasting much of the voice talent from the show would also be key in ensuring the the final product stays true to the source material.

With many open world games driving is essential and this is something that gamers have yet to do in both Arkham games. This time around we would be taking more to the skies though which would be even more interesting. Add in the various missions that would have to be accomplished through usage of the Vehicle would add in much needed variety.

Much of the combat could be expanded upon from all the newer gadgets that Terry has available to him through his suit. As well as his detective work when he goes to scout certain areas.

Bruce would play an obvious role of helping the player through the game but could also make it that once you earn enough experience points though completing missions and beating up goons that you can start upgrading the suit, gaining new abilities and weapons and modifying the vehicles.

The Justice League could also show up for various missions or even through new game plus be offered as various character that can be played as.

I would keep the music metal/ industrial like the show had since it would work well within a action based game such as this and is also pretty catchy.

All in all would be a great start to a game that would have my pre order money in a heartbeat lol

justin_blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By justin_blank

The Dark Knight Returns Skin: The storyline alone would be interesting enough to warrant a purchase and it could help explore Frank Miller's Dark Knight Universe more. Also the fighting style would be different due to the physical changes and it'd be interesting to see how a less agile, more aggressive batman would handle himself. Plus the skin just looks awesome.

undeadpool616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By undeadpool616

Year One Batman: while it would awesome to have a game centered around batman beyond or the dark knight returns, i feel the gritty yet serious tone of Year One fits the Arkham title the best. This game could act as a prequel, starting with the experience of Bruce loosing his parents, having him train to be the bat, and then as the game progresses, him learning new fighting techniques and creating his signature gadgets, the game would be a great way to have villains like Maxie Zeus or Black Mask who mainly work as mob bosses, seeing as that was Batmans main target in Year One, but could also have a point where villains such as the Joker begin to appear for the first time and how Bruce needs to alter his methods accordingly. This game could also support an interlocked side story like Catwoman in Arkham City, but this time it could be Gordon, dealing with the corrupt police, mob bosses, tracking down batman, and this new breed of criminals.

IamRobot84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By IamRobot84

A game based on the dark Knight returns would be awesome because not only was the story arc interesting, but seeing Batman fight crime at the ripe old age of 60 be fun to see. He is grumpier than ever which will only add to his no non-sense approach to crime fighting.

ace188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ace188

A Batman TAS game would be awesome. The cartoon atmosphere would be excellent not to mention the characters look awesome which is why I loved having the skins of Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing in the game. The series has a lot of villains and would just be a lot of fun to play.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By gmanfromheck

The contest is ended last night. The winners have been selected. See the original post. Congrats!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Right on :)

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#75  Edited By Silkcuts
    @G-Man said:

The contest is ended last night. The winners have been selected. See the original post. Congrats!

Cheers mate, thanks again!
    Tell Matt thanks too.
    All the best this holiday season.
    May the Christmas Magick in your daughter's heart resonate to those around.
    No magick is more pure then one of a child's.
    Be well
     - Silkcuts
    alphaomegasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By alphaomegasin

The grand prize went to someone saying they could fly through space on cases....

really?

Mask of Tengu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 252

#77  Edited By Mask of Tengu

I would love to see the Azbat costume or the mask of Tengu costume

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78  Edited By blur1528

@G-Man: Time for me to turn on the PS3 for some good Batman fun!!!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Silkcuts said:

@G-Man said:

Cheers mate, thanks again! Tell Matt thanks too. All the best this holiday season. May the Christmas Magick in your daughter's heart resonate to those around. No magick is more pure then one of a child's. Be well - Silkcuts

You're welcome!

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By Silkcuts
    @alphaomegasin said:

The grand prize went to someone saying they could fly through space on cases....

really?

In all fairness to G-Man he did say it was randomly selected.

@blur1528 said:

@G-Man: Time for me to turn on the PS3 for some good Batman fun!!!

I was having a blast with the challenges as Sinestro Bats.  I was bumping that rap joint "Black and Yellow" and everything.

@inferiorego said:

@Silkcuts said:

@G-Man said:

Cheers mate, thanks again! Tell Matt thanks too. All the best this holiday season. May the Christmas Magick in your daughter's heart resonate to those around. No magick is more pure then one of a child's. Be well - Silkcuts

You're welcome!

Hope you have a happy holidays mate.
    blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81  Edited By blur1528

@Silkcuts: Black and Yellow. Bwa~hahaha!

bobhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bobhole

sigh... I lose again

pinkdaizygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pinkdaizygirl

wrinkly old batman....NO THANK YOUUUU!!!

jazz1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#84  Edited By jazz1987

This is sick!

alirocksta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By alirocksta

Batman Beyond Batman Skin cause:

- I have always wanted to play with the future type of Batman, you know what I mean :D

-BATMAN BEYOND IS AWESOME!

-BATMAN ARKHAM CITY IS AWESOME

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.