Follow

Ares

Character » Ares appears in 779 issues.

Ares is the son of Zeus and the Olympian God of War. After years of fighting against The Avengers, Thor, and mostly his own brother Hercules, Ares joined the ranks of the Avengers. He was a member of Tony Stark's official Avengers team and later Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. After he attacked Osborn for tricking him in starting Siege on Asgard, he was stopped and killed by the Sentry.

Why?

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Whoever the moderator who obviously hates Ares needs to stop locking his respect threads.  Its pretty childish for a person that has the power to do so and can't handle it responsubly. You need to chat with Peter Parker whoever you are.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I wanna make one now, just to see if it will get locked :P

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Haha yeah its kinda ridiculous.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

When did this happen?

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Idk it just happens all the time.  Look at his forum list.  lol
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hawk

Cause respect threads are stupid and they should all be locked. We have discussed locking all respect threads a long time ago.......If you have something new to say post a thread. But a thread saying I like Ares is dumb.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

What's wrong with using the threads that already exist, instead of making new ones which you know will be locked?  Actually, just to be clear; that's a rhetorical question, so please don't answer it.  Also, whining about it in public really isn't going to help your cause.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

well, they are all locked (being the two). i wouldnt know this to be the reason,
    but the first made and locked has swear words on almost every post?

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Precise

Well instead of starting a respect thread why not just add more to the page itself. I only wrote a small piece but there's still a heck of a lot more to write. It seems to me that would be a better to show your respect for the character then a thread with 'Ares is awesome!'. And this way other people can learn more about the character so perhaps in time they will share your vision of the character. =)

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Wilson

@Hawk
    said:
    "Cause respect threads are stupid and they should all be locked. We have discussed locking all respect threads a long time ago.......If you have something new to say post a thread. But a thread saying I like Ares is dumb. "

Don't post then.  I see know reason for not making a thread so we can talk about a character we like. This site is dedicated to comics and the characters in those comics should be discussed.   No ones making you look at this forum.

@ xerox kitty 

I'm not whining. Its a perfectally good question. I wanted answers.  I'm not just going to sit there and watch threads get locked for no reason. I'm sure that if one of the X-Men threads got deleted for you, you would be confused as well.   

I add to Ares page as well.  I have like 40 points for him.  Maybe if we could have a respect thread  then I could talk about what he did in Dark Avengers etc. and have an intelligent conversation about the character.  This is the reason.  If you don't want to post or don't like the idea then don't post. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.