Follow

Ares

Character » Ares appears in 779 issues.

Ares is the son of Zeus and the Olympian God of War. After years of fighting against The Avengers, Thor, and mostly his own brother Hercules, Ares joined the ranks of the Avengers. He was a member of Tony Stark's official Avengers team and later Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. After he attacked Osborn for tricking him in starting Siege on Asgard, he was stopped and killed by the Sentry.

poor Ares needs the Sentrys help! Can Sentry save him?

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhTru

*** SPOILERS ***

I'm calling this one, 
    calling out the bloody soap opera called Siege 
    Ares doesn't die 

He will be healed like the guys with leprosy got healed up

The Sentry brings his wife back from the dead.

Ressurection
    Ressurection

and didn't GALACTUS save Beta Ray Bill and the Korbonites from extinction after their whole planet was wipe out?
    Sentry....Galactus...... Jehovah  
    Oh wait ...they might be the same Person....haha  

So on next episode of Desperate Housewives the Sentry will snap out of his angry Void road rage moment
      Return to being nice/polite Sentry

See the big bloody mess on the floor

So he uses his MoleculeMan/MiracleMan powers to make everything right again

The real person who dies in Siege

SENTRY

He's immortal but he does us all a favor and kills himself,
     Nobody else has the power to beat Sentry

he's the only one with the power to end all this nonsense so after 8+ years he finally exits stage left and falls into the pile of dusty rip offs of Superman alongside idiots like 
    triumph, miracleman, and  count nefaria

Ares will be ok

Sentry goes SilverAge again
    makes some more miracles and saves him 

Ares lives!!!  

Sentry wishes he can die....suddenly BatMite or Impossible Man pops up
    Give Sentry a drink called  a zillion, quadrillion, quintillion, trillion.sextillion, mega-ultra-trillion super solider million zillion Galaxies drink

Sentry takes the drinks, floors it in one go
    He overdoses like a crack addict

Norman laughs as Sentry OverDoses on MoleculeMan crack

Tony shows up, kicks Norman is the pants and takes back his suit

Ares is alive

Meanwhile blood is coming out fo Sentry's eyeballs and he wriggles around the floor speaking gibberish
     ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulusrefrainChacarron, Chacarron, Chacarron, Chacarron, ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulusChacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron,, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, n', Chacarron,, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, alilulironaluealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus 

Sentry has one more spaz attack and dies

With the Sentry dead, the whole of Asgard and the Marvel Universe starts partying like its 1999

Marvel finally start listening to the declining sales and negative fan mail
    Really....yeah really...they wake up...smell the coffee, in the writers room they had a moment of clarity. 
    They understand
     the last thing Marvel needed was Superboy Prime on steroids

A comic where Sentry really dies
    Yeah that might tempt me to start buying Avengers again
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This resurrection was already explained.Sentry is Sentry...he's not Galactus or anyone else you think he might be.all you have to do is read...and stop just looking at scans.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OhTru said:
     Marvel finally start listening to the declining sales and negative fan mailReally....yeah really...they wake up...smell the coffee, in the writers room they had a moment of clarity.  

outside of the fact that Dark Avengers isnt the only book in existence...
     declining sales? source? because i can assure the opposite is true of that book.

They understand the last thing Marvel needed was Superboy Prime on steroids   A comic where Sentry really dies Yeah that might tempt me to start buying Avengers again

you already are buying Avengers, at least thats what you said elsewhere a few minutes ago?
    i know you didnt like the death in Siege #2 but man why to over react.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speedlgt
    @Vance Astro said:
    " This resurrection was already explained.Sentry is Sentry...he's not Galactus or anyone else you think he might be.all you have to do is read...and stop just looking at scans. "
    you really should stop defending sentry bro the verdict is out on him...............................marvel fans HATE sentry.......................................................i have never seen comic fans unite in hatred of a character like they do sentry.
    I personally think hes ok but I would rather he just die and go away so fans dont have to deal with him
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedlgt: 
    wrong. if that were the verdict he wouldnt be there. theres heavy enough interest in him to sell books, 
    and alot of them. the Marvel fans that hate him represent the minority. the proof is in his sales.
    which is even more funny because the Marvel fans that hate him, hate him because theyre
    reading his book, Dark Avengers, which is ridiculous. Get rid of the character im intentionally reading and talking
    about all the time in the book that centers around him? makes no sense.
    its fairly simple to not read a characters actual book, and after that why hate what someone else is reading and your not?
    its weird because all of this stems from Ares death, which personally i hope isnt permanent, but people didnt fly off the handle
    saying get rid of Sharon Carter after she killed both Steve Rogers and Red Skull did they?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

You guys are acting like Dark Avengers is called "Sentry." There are six or seven other characters in there, and Sentry alone isn't going to be the reason people are or aren't buying the book.
    Oh, and as for fans, I'd like to think that Comicvine represents the opinion of the entire reading population. It makes no sense that all the the people that come on the vine are Sentry haters, while all the Sentry lovers are hanging on some other sites. If most of the people on the vine hate him, it stands to reason that most of the readers in general hate him as well. And this has nothing to do with the sales. It never does. Major books in the center of attention are always sold, even if they are bad.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By speedlgt

yeah this makes no sense at all the book is doing well for  various reasons all of which have nothing to do with sentry..........

1st and foremost this book alone is setting the pace and tone of the current marvel universe that and that alone are enough to make eveyone buy it. if you want to know whats going in marvel then you need to read DA bottom line. its got all the villans and the who do they fight the heroes.....it came rolling out of the mass event of SI and is leading to another event in siege. none of the has to do with sentry it has to do with the marvel U.

second while bendis IMO does not do such a great job with cage spider woman bucky cap sentry.......hes does seem to have a good handle on osborn bullseye and ares add the hooks up with anyone moon stone for sex appeal and there you go 

I am very very certain that DA has done well inspite of what has gone on with sentry  not because of him.
    also i think we can all be safe in saying that yeah.....................more than 60% of marvel fans hate sentry.............................90% of all superman fans hate sentry...... and so on

again I dont hate him but I think he should go away for a while till some one like a fraction or a brubaker can make him worth a dam

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom: 
    because the center of the Dark Avengers story has been Sentry since issue one, 
    and most of the others barely have any story going on. Norman Osborn and Lindy
    where the only other characters besides Sentry even in the last issue. point is people
    know that the book has Sentry in it and theres a focus on him. easy enough not to buy it.
    if youd like to think Comicvine represents the entire reading population, your sorely mistaken.
    also, all readers on CV dont hate Sentry. just the loud ones are the ones that are heard, and
    alot of people are just repeating what theyre saying because it gets attention to do so with 
    controversial opinion. alot of that also a has to do with reading scans and second hand cliffnotes, and Battle forums.
    it still boils down to that good or bad, people are not only hyped about Sentry because they are in fact reading about him 
    and interested, they are doing so the month afterwards, so obviously theres something to him and the sales of the books do 
    in fact point to that. a character shouldnt be removed from a universe because some people dont like him/her in the one or two
    books that the character is in and graces the cover of, those readers should just stop reading, case closed.
    it would be like saying DC must get rid of the new Batwoman because some readers dont like her in the book
    that centers around her character, nor her guest spot in Batman And Robin. it doesnt really work that way and its not
    logical, not especially when the character is not only popular in any extent, but has people that do like the books.
    should Pet Avnegers be gotten rid of because someone who is reading the book doesnt like Lockheed?
    no, they should stop reading the book and leave its fans alone, its that simple.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By speedlgt

they cant leave this book alone cause they will miss out on what going on and thats the reason its selling.........................hell if they put taskmaster and bunch of d level guys running the marvel U it would be the same thing

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedlgt: not even true at all. whats going on in Siege is in Siege. it doesnt cover the entire MU, and not even close. also one can read Siege and not read Dark Avengers and still get it explained to them. or one can drop both Siege and Dark Avengers and not be plagued by the Sentry as it were. either way, one doesnt have to read it. theres is no other true answer. also, why is this rant being extended by the same person to several threads. i count at least six right now? even the BA and Funny moments threads. isnt this discussion, which is also in the Siege thread ? arent you, OhTru, Vance and myself having this exact same discussion there right now, where it belongs?
    http://www.comicvine.com/siege/39-55985/the-official-siege-thread/92-422268/#850

and again, seriously people have been beating a dead horse...i mean voicing there negative and repetitive opinion of the Sentry
    since his mini. hasnt actually affected anyone from being interested nor buying and reading books about him, in fact its fed it.
    fact is Sentry isnt a problem. no character is. the writing is the error and the writing on Ares's death (and we may be only jumping the gun on that, this is a comic after all) could have been written better. though, even though i like him, Ares wasnt a major essential character, and was only played up as such recently for this pre-planned event. its the same as being pissed about Steve Rogers. or Hawkman, who id like to think has a larger fanbase than Ares being killed by Ralph Dibney of all people, and various other characters biting it in Blackest Night. its more of the same stuff we always see. the character isnt the guilty party, just a character. Sentry's character has been actually pretty god most of the time, and most of his kills so far were characters that really hadnt been used for awhile (and Terrax at the time people outright loathed, calling him a jobber). eitherway they all come back anyways. Ares just on the fact of being a God wouldnt surprise me if he did. Thor did.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @speedlgt said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" This resurrection was already explained.Sentry is Sentry...he's not Galactus or anyone else you think he might be.all you have to do is read...and stop just looking at scans. "
    you really should stop defending sentry bro the verdict is out on him...............................marvel fans HATE sentry.......................................................i have never seen comic fans unite in hatred of a character like they do sentry. I personally think hes ok but I would rather he just die and go away so fans dont have to deal with him "
    Where in my post am I defending him? I was correcting OhTru on his stupid theories.Nowhere did I express any defense for Sentry as a character.
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i truly truly hate Sentry now.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ares can come back all he wants but he knows what he'll get if he tries to fight the Golden Avenger again.

Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Preacherl2k

I'm really disapointed in the Sentry, what started out as a cool idea has just gone to GARBAGE- this character is sooooooo messed up right now, it' s a downright shame on Marvel's image. He's a drug addict one sec, the greatest hero ever next sec and a killer of Gods the next sec- What a shame!!!!!

I really hoped Marvel would come up with a decent story for this guy but even after multiple tries all that happens is this guy (sentry) just gets worse every time I turn around. I think Marvels only option at this point is to destroy this guy (aka the beyonder, Jean Grey etc etc). Just to powerful!

Just my opinion.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OhTru

@AtPhantom said:

"  Major books in the center of attention are always sold, even if they are bad. "

Yeah this is very true

I only wish it weren't, Bendisverse does not deserve to be selling well

@Vance Astro said:

" Ares can come back all he wants but he knows what he'll get if he tries to fight the Golden Avenger again. "

IMO he looked pretty dead

It would take a Skfather like Zeus (recently depowered) or Pluto to regenerate him. Ares has a healing factor but its not that good, 
    Sentry tore him apart
    There ain't no coming back from that one

It might take Sentry being nice once more and doing some Miracle Man impressions to bring Ares back from the dead

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

" i truly truly hate Sentry now. "

He's done, they really pushed the character too far

Sentry has become worse than Superboy Prime ever could be
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Preacherl2k said:
    " I'm really disapointed in the Sentry, what started out as a cool idea has just gone to GARBAGE- this character is sooooooo messed up right now, it' s a downright shame on Marvel's image. He's a drug addict one sec, the greatest hero ever next sec and a killer of Gods the next sec- What a shame!!!!!   I really hoped Marvel would come up with a decent story for this guy but even after multiple tries all that happens is this guy (sentry) just gets worse every time I turn around. I think Marvels only option at this point is to destroy this guy (aka the beyonder, Jean Grey etc etc). Just to powerful!  Just my opinion. "
    You're looking at it the wrong way.You're making it seem like Marvel is promoting drug addiction or that Sentry isn't being overcome by the Void and he's doing all of this under his own will.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Preacherl2k
    @Vance Astro said:

" @Preacherl2k said:

" I'm really disapointed in the Sentry, what started out as a cool idea has just gone to GARBAGE- this character is sooooooo messed up right now, it' s a downright shame on Marvel's image. He's a drug addict one sec, the greatest hero ever next sec and a killer of Gods the next sec- What a shame!!!!!   I really hoped Marvel would come up with a decent story for this guy but even after multiple tries all that happens is this guy (sentry) just gets worse every time I turn around. I think Marvels only option at this point is to destroy this guy (aka the beyonder, Jean Grey etc etc). Just to powerful!  Just my opinion. "
    You're looking at it the wrong way.You're making it seem like Marvel is promoting drug addiction or that Sentry isn't being overcome by the Void and he's doing all of this under his own will. "
    Vance, I don't think Marvel is promoting drug use or addiction, my biggest disappointment in Marvel when it comes to the Sentry is the near constant changing of his origin story every couple months. 
    A few months ago he took the professors serum one time and BOOM he turns into the Sentry, now recently you find out he's a serum addict (aka drug addict) and he has been taking it for years, at least according to his wife in Dark Avengers #13. Now I'm all for a hero having a challenging villain (even if it's an internal one called the void) but I guess in my eyes (and Lindy's) this guy just isn't worthy of being a super hero especially one that is as powerful as they make him sometimes.

Then in Dark X-Men you have Nate say one sentence to him and he runs away- Sentry's behavior is so off the charts erratic I just can't find anything endearing about the character or his actions. 

In the end I just can't get behind a weak willed crybaby hero with the power of a million exploding suns.

Just my humble opinion.
    coolbeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coolbeans

If they don't kill Sentry or something please let them make him mentally stable so he can be a legit superhero.  I think fans might like how he does as a true avenger with his head on straight
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Preacherl2k said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

" @Preacherl2k said:

You're looking at it the wrong way.You're making it seem like Marvel is promoting drug addiction or that Sentry isn't being overcome by the Void and he's doing all of this under his own will. "
    Vance, I don't think Marvel is promoting drug use or addiction, my biggest disappointment in Marvel when it comes to the Sentry is the near constant changing of his origin story every couple months.  A few months ago he took the professors serum one time and BOOM he turns into the Sentry, now recently you find out he's a serum addict (aka drug addict) and he has been taking it for years, at least according to his wife in Dark Avengers #13. Now I'm all for a hero having a challenging villain (even if it's an internal one called the void) but I guess in my eyes (and Lindy's) this guy just isn't worthy of being a super hero especially one that is as powerful as they make him sometimes.  Then in Dark X-Men you have Nate say one sentence to him and he runs away- Sentry's behavior is so off the charts erratic I just can't find anything endearing about the character or his actions.   In the end I just can't get behind a weak willed crybaby hero with the power of a million exploding suns.  Just my humble opinion. "
    They didn't once change his origin.Stuff was left out to fill in the blanks.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @coolbeans:
    Yeah but they should atlest scale back his power levels cut out the telepathy, telekinesis, and immortal thing and make him 70 ton range
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatDance
    @speedlgt said:
    " you really should stop defending sentry bro the verdict is out on him...............................marvel fans HATE sentry.......................................................i have never seen comic fans unite in hatred of a character like they do sentry. I personally think hes ok but I would rather he just die and go away so fans dont have to deal with him "
    It's the Sentry  

He doesn't go away...he throws things into the Sun

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OhTru

Its the Sentry

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

That solicit is either from a comic that isn't canon or it's just a random assembly of Avengers.Even if he's an Avenger in the future it's obvious some of those people wouldn't\couldn't be there.

Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Casket
    @U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:
    " i truly truly hate Sentry now. "
    Were all the heroes crying after the Sentry died?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.